The Counsler

The Counsler

A Chapter by Amy Baker
"

Part 3: Katie

"

I was woken up by the intense banging of the door. Someone was trying to get in. I didn't want to see anyone. Zach was gone. I had no idea when or even if I'll be able to see him again. It sucked not know thing that. My dad walked into the room. "Katie, are you still asleep?" It was Saturday. I didn't need to be up for school and now I didn't need to be up to see Zach.



My dad opened the curtains to let the light of the sun in. I rolled over to my other side and tried to get away from the sun. It almost made me feel like a vampire. I had that thought and then started to cry a little. Dad never got any hints that I just wanted to be alone. The only hint he did get was when I started to play my music really loudly. So that's what I did. I blared my music so loudly that I couldn't even hear what he said as he was leaving the room.



Some people may think that I'm depressed. I may be, I don't know. But what I do know is that I don't feel safe anywhere without Zach. I didn't feel safe in Spain without Zach and I don't feel safe now without Zach. I got out of my bed and put bandages over my cuts. They weren't healing all that great. Someone may think that I did it to myself. Oh well.



As I was finishing that up, my phone vibrated. Indicating that someone was texting me. For a split second I thought it would be Zach. Not hearing from him is the hardest thing I've had to go through in a while. But when I got to the phone it was Sarah.



HEY! R U OK??? I SAW WAT HAPPENED AT SCHOOL. YOU PROBABLY WON'T GET THIS IF YOU'RE STILL KIDNAPPED BUT... I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY.



SARAH, I'M FINE. I'M BACK.



OH THANK GOD. DO YOU WANNA HANG 2NIGHT???



NOT REALLY IN THE MOOD FOR IT RIGHT NOW



WATS WRONG???



ZACH TRADED HIMSELF FOR ME W/ MY KIDDNAPPER.



OH WELL LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING. I shut off my phone. What I needed right now was to be alone. I didn't want to talk to anyone about what was going on.



I laid back on my bed, trying to figure out how I was going to save Zach. Me. A human. Against all those vampires?



It was Monday and I had to get ready for school. I haven't really slept all weekend, but no one; hopefully, will notice. I came downstairs and James was there to taunt me again. "Where's Zach Kitty-Kat? Did he finally realize that you're not all that great?"



I shoved past him and went out the door. I'm not in the mood for the crap he's giving me right now. It was another rainy day. I didn't wear a coat. I didn't care if I got sick or not. I was early to school so I sat out in the rain for a while until Sarah pulled up.



"What are you doing standing in the rain without a jacket you crazy?" I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, how are you? You haven't answered your phone since the last time I've talked to you. I was starting to get worried."



"Yea, well, I turned it off. I wasn't in any mood to talk."



"Katie, I think you should talk to someone. You don't look good. I mean, you look like you haven't slept in days."



Of course Sarah noticed. She notices everything. "That's because I haven't slept all weekend."



"Then you should talk to someone. Please!"



"Who would I talk to about this Sarah?"



"The counselor. Mr. Rolland. He has been wondering about you lately."



"I can't talk to Mr. Rolland about this, Sarah."



"Well, why not?"



"Because...." I hesitated. I almost let it loose that Zach was a vampire. "Because I can't. And you need to understand that, as my friend."



"Alright, I understand. Just go see what he can do to help you out?"



I sighed. I didn't want to say yes. But I knew that she wouldn't stop bugging me about it. "Fine. I'll go talk to Mr. Rolland. Are you happy now?" She nodded. I didn't even know how to start talking to the counselor without telling him everything.





I walked into Mr. Rolland's office. It was filled with signs that had a bunch of inspirational quotes that I didn't care about. He had two beanbag chairs that the students would sit on so they were comfortable. I went in and sat on the blue one.



Mr. Rolland was a younger man. He had a beard and I short little mustache that was growing in. All his hair was brown with a little bit of gray growing in. He was wearing his usual shirt and tie. He looked like a normal teacher. I used to come into his office all the time. Now, I never actually came in here. "Hi Katie, how are you?"



"I'm not that great." I was hoping he would stop asking questions after that, but I was wrong.



"And would you like to explain why you aren't doing that great?"



I shrugged. "A bunch of reasons." I thought he would stop there but I knew that it wasn't his job to stop there.



"Can you name some of them?" I shook my head. I didn't want to talk about it. Mr. Rolland kept looking at me and said. "I heard that Zach traded himself for your freedom."



"Can we not talk about it?" I pulled my knees up to my chest.



"Ah! So that's why you're upset!" He acted like he just solved the crime. I looked away. It took me a minute to try to hold tears back from showing. I but my head in my hands and then I started to bawl my eyes out. "Hey! It's going to be alright."



"How do you know?! How can you even say it's going to be alright when no one knows where he is or what is happening to him?!"



"I know it's going to be alright Katie, because you came back alright! This kidnapper must not want to hurt people."



I shook my head. He didn't know. "I came back because Zach was the one who traded himself for me. I can't save him. Not like he saved me anyway." I continued to cry. I could tell that Mr. Rolland didn't know what to say anymore. Just then I got a text. Shocker, it was from Matilta.



WHAT IF YOU COULD SAVE HIM??? HAHAHA! JUST KIDDING! YOU DON'T DESERVE HIM ANYWAYS. I JUST THOUGHT I SHOULD LET YOU KNOW THAT HE IS SUFFERING!



I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to deal with her taunting. It was the most annoying thing on the face of the planet. I know they are trying to kill him. It was something that they've wanted to do since I've met the Martins.



"What was that?" Mr. Rolland asked.



"Nothing. Just a stupid spam text."



"Well, Katie, why do you think that you have to be the one to save Zach? I mean we do have a very nice police department that could handle it just as well."



"Zach saved me. Plus I don't think that any police officer could handle what Luke and Matilta can do. I have to save him." Just then I had a thought. It was a stupid thought. But, it's the only thought that gave me hope. I had an idea and I wasn't going to let that idea leave my mind. "I know how I'm going to save him."



He looked at me and smiled. "How?"



I just walked out. No one but Zach's family could know what I was thinking because everyone besides Zach's family would think that I'm crazy. And maybe even Zach's family may think that I'm crazy. This is a crazy plan. It's also a stupid plan. Also if I am not careful than I could be seriously hurt.



When I walked out to lunch, I was feeling much better. I could tell that Sarah could tell that I was better. I didn't even think to tell her why I was better until she said something to me. "See, I told you that talking to the counselor would help."



I rolled my eyes. "The counselor didn't do anything. I just figured out how I'm going to save Zach!"



"Great!"



"I know!"



"I'm just glad you're in a better mood. It was really starting to scare me the way you were acting." I know that she's my best friend. I know she will always be there for me. Even if I don't want her to be. So I just gave her a hug.



"Thanks Sarah. For always being there for me."





© 2015 Amy Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, the blurb to this story is in good shape. However, here the lines are too close together. On your writing program, go to format/paragraph/spacing/whatever it's called and adjust the line spacing. You can also adjust the paragraph spacing at the same time. For this font, try 1.5 line spacing. For general paragraphing for post, add spaces after the paragraph. Play around until you like the result.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015


Author

Amy Baker
Amy Baker

Mechanicsburg , PA



About
I am a girl who loves to write. I love to get involved with another world and my books show that. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amy Baker