My Crazy Plan

My Crazy Plan

A Chapter by Amy Baker

After school I went over to Zach's house. The rain was done and the sun was coming out. I pulled into their driveway and Trent was waiting for me. I already texted him saying that I needed to talk to them. I told him that I had a plan. "Well are you going to tell me the plan now?"



I laughed. "You have to wait for everyone else to hear it. I'm going to need all of you in on this." We walked inside. I always liked the way that Zach's house looked. It was all white which is ironic because they are all vampires. Most people would think that they would have a black and depressing colors within their house. Well, I shouldn't say it was all white. The walls were painted with a kind of blue that made it seem like they were white. The furniture was different colors to match each other. It made a normal person feel calm and relaxed.



Taylor looked at me in the living room and said, "Okay, Katie, we are all here. What is your plan that you just had to leave us in suspense for?"



I told them the plan. I told them everything that I wanted to do. I knew it was suicidal but I didn't care. Apparently, they cared. "Are you crazy?!" Trent yelled, "It's a recipe for suicide!"



I tried to calm everyone down. "Not if I'm careful. It won't be that because I know what I'm doing."



Sammy looked at me and said, "Do you really know what you are doing? Because you're a human, no offense. You kind of only act on emotional instinct. I think that's what you're doing right now. Also you're kind of fragile. You're 'being careful' is nothing compared to our 'being carful'."



She kind of offended me a little bit. I mean when someone says "no offense" isn't supposed to not be offensive? I was kind of getting angry. They all have seen what I've been through with Luke and Matilta alone. Now they can't have me do this simple task with them right behind me. "Listen, what other choice do we have? I have been in a state of depression for days. I haven't slept. I haven't eaten. I just want Zach back. And I know you guys feel the same way. I can do this. Plus I'll have you right behind me."



They all looked at each other. I could tell from their facial expressions that they knew that I was right and there was no other option in the idea pool. I just needed them to say yes. I could handle the rest. "Zach won't like it." Tyler said.



I nodded, indicating that I understood that Zach wouldn't like it. I truthfully didn't care what Zach liked or not right now. He's in trouble and I need to save him. "He doesn't have to like it. He just has to deal with it." They nodded.



I was at my house. I didn't really wanna fight Luke and Matilta in sweat pants and a rugged t-shirt. I was looking through my closet when I got a text. Fantastic! Just who I wanted to text me. YOU TOLD ME TO TEXT YOU???



I WANT YOU TO MEET ME BEHIND THE SCHOOL WITH ZACH AND 10. I WANT TO HAVE A REASONABLE CONVERSATION WITH YOU. Please work!



There was a long pause between texts. It lasted until I changed into a pair of ripped, skinny jeans, a plain back V-neck t-shirt, and my combat boots. I'LL BE THERE WITH ZACH AT 10 ON THE DOT. IF YOUR NOT THERE ON THE DOT I AM LEAVING.



PERFECT! I smiled. She bought it. She wants to have a "reasonable conversation" with me. This was all going exactly according to plan.



I was standing at the back of the school. It was almost 10. I was glad I brought my jacket because it was really cold out. Finally I heard the rustling of movement coming from the other side of the school. I knew that it was them. Luke and Matilta came around with Zach tied up. It killed me to see Zach in so much pain. I had to put on the brave face though. I can't let them know what I'm thinking. "Hello Katie!" Matilta asked.



Remain calm, is what I kept thinking to myself. "Hello." Zach's family came out. This was what I wanted to have happen. I had my hands behind my back. Trent handed me the dagger that he was supposed to bring.



Matilta laughed and so did Luke. Zach looked confused. I hated keeping secrets from him, but I couldn't exactly tell him what I'm doing. "You brought the whole crew along with you. Something tells me that you don't want to have a 'reasonable conversation' with me, Katie."



"Now I wonder what would make you think that."



"I don't know what you're planning, human. But it's going to be fun."



"Is it?" Trent looked at me. I was supposed to give the signal for them to start moving forward. I wasn't ready yet. Matilta no longer had an amused look on her face. She seemed confused. Finally I nodded to let Trent know that it was okay to move forward with the plan. Zach's family started to move toward Luke and Matilta. "Now, we can do this the easy way which is you can give me back Zach and then we can leave and no one gets hurt. Or, we can do this the hard way and I think you know how that one will turn out."



Zach's going to kill me for antagonizing them. "You think these four can take down us? You think that they haven't tried already?" She started to laugh but then Trent grabbed her. Taylor grabbed Luke and Zach ran toward me.



"What's your plan?" I turned him around, took the dagger, and cut off the ropes which were binding his hands together. He turned back around. He was so confused.



"This is my plan." I gave him a smile.



He laughed. "No it's not. I know you better than that, Katie." I pulled him in and kissed him.



"I love you." I said as I looked straight into his eyes. He looked scared. I wonder if he could figure out what I was trying to do. Just then Matilta grabbed Zach. This was part of the plan. Trent was supposed to "slip-up."



Zach let out a wince in pain. That was when I realized that Matilta had a wooden stake in her hand and she was ready to stab Zach with it. I had to act fast. Zach's family looked at me. "What are you going to do now, Katie? Got any more stupid ideas?"



I looked at her. "Actually I do." I looked at Trent. He nodded. I took the dagger that I've had in my hand the whole time. Zach, I could tell, finally figured it out. I sliced my arm. Matilta froze where she stood. I knew that the blood was more important to her than killing Zach. No one was supposed to move until Matilta let go of Zach.



It seemed like an eternity until she finally let Zach go. She started to come toward me. "Now would be a good time to finish it Trent!" I yelled. Trent ran over to Matilta and grabbed her.



Trent took Matilta and Tyler took Luke. "Any last words guys?" They asked in unison. Someone stopped Trent and Tyler in the process. It was so fast that I couldn't keep up. All of a sudden, Trent and Tyler were on the ground and Luke and Matilta were gone. "What the hell?"



"What happened? Where did they go?" No one had the answer. I ran over to Zach. He took his shirt off and wrapped it around my cut arm.



"It's okay. I'm here." He said after he wrapped his arms around me. "Katie?"



"Yea?"



"You could have warned me in some way."



I laughed. "You would have said no."



"You don't know that."



"Zach, your family said no."



He laughed. "Okay, I would have said no. But it doesn't matter. I just wish you weren’t so suicidal." I held him tighter. I knew that he knew what I was thinking. "Don't worry. It will take them a little bit to come back. They need to think of something smarter than what they were doing."



He was warm. It felt great to be in his arms again. I looked up and him and kissed him. He pulled me closer to him as if that were any more humanly possible. He then pulled away ever so slightly and said, "I love you, Katie."



© 2015 Amy Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on August 10, 2015
Last Updated on August 10, 2015


Author

Amy Baker
Amy Baker

Mechanicsburg , PA



About
I am a girl who loves to write. I love to get involved with another world and my books show that. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amy Baker