Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Analae
"

Micheal is now at the club

"

 Micheal took a deep breath and studied some of the people in the club, as the music vibrated through his body. The pulse of the beat made the place here feel alive and it was odd, not a bad odd, but odd. The light changed and danced with the beat as it drummed out it's base. Feeling odd just standing near the door, Micheal steeled himself and slowly made his way into the mass of bodies on the floor below. He kept his eyes open, looking for Sarah. Looking around, he didn't notice the woman moving towards him and jumped when he felt a high heel grind into his shoe. He gasped and growled under his breath, then stopped as he looked down, seeing cleavage right in his field of vision. Slowly he trailed his eyes up and swallowed, staring at a very pale, very intriguing female. He took a simple, single step back.


The woman chuckled and licked her lips, tossed her hair over her shoulder and turned walking away. She gave a single glance over her shoulder then disappeared into the throng of bodies. Micheal could feel his heart pounding in his chest and shook his head. He swallowed hard, then resumed his trek into the club, determined to find Sarah, if this was her kind of game. He snorted and then stopped as the music stopped all together and massive curtains pulled back from a hidden stage in the back of the club. Everyone stopped and looked at the sliding curtains and the stage as mist and fog poured off the stage.


A murmur went through the crowd and a few females giggled and rushed the stage. A set of massive body guards stopped the females from climbing the stage. It was clear to Micheal that the females wanted whatever was about to appear on stage. He hoped it was better than a few theatrics. Sarah soon appeared, smiled and gave a big smile to the crowd. “Welcome you all!” She stated, her voice carrying over a microphone through the crowd who screamed in response. Micheal was just confused.


“I am glad to see such a large crowd this night,”She continued. “I know that its not me you all came to see, but most of you know the formalities.” She gave a bright smile, flashing her teeth and laughed. She opened her arms and the fog covered her. She melted away in a echoing laugh and the fog grew thicker.


Screams went up through the crowd and the women up at the front were raising their hands. They were bouncing and the bouncers clearly had their hands full. They were holding some of the females by their arms, and just glared, which surprised Micheal. All those breasts in his face he would have been having a hard time at just standing there straight faced. The fog started to clear and where Sarah had stood earlier a tall figure now stood. It was obviously male and had its head tilted down, a large top hat above what appeared to be light blonde hair. Slowly the figure stood and smiled looking out and a handsome face stared at the crowd, removed his hat and gave a long low bow.


Sighs and screams echoed through the crowd again, as if every movement the male made from the stage affected all those around him. It confused Micheal and he remained silent, watching those around him with wide eyes. He had never seen anything like this before. The man on stage stood up fully once more and replaced his hat over long blonde hair that was tied back with what looked to be a black velvet ribbon. He wore a full suit, complete with tails and a white shirt with a cravat and silver cufflinks. He moved slowly towards the edge of the stage and opened his arms, his left hand holding a large, long black cane. He bowed again. “Welcome to the Second Sunrise, my patrons. I hope this wonderful night is long and wondrous.” His voice sounded like velvet and brushed along everyone's skin. Even Micheal felt the effect and rubbed his arms as if someone were touching him.


“Enjoy the music, the drinks, and those of you that are chosen can enjoy my company.” He smiled again and slowly backed away, and Sarah walked back out onto the stage and grinned.


“Let the night begin!” She replied and lept off the stage, a bouncer catching her and setting her down. The crowd screamed again and the music started thrumming once more.


Sarah slowly started making her way through the crowd, men and women reaching out to touch her and she left them, brushing past them, sometimes letting her fingers trail down arms, necks, or shoulders. She didn't stay near any one person for long but soon came to stand in front of Micheal and smiled. “Hope you enjoyed the small show,” she stated once she was in front of the stunned looking man.


Micheal licked his lips and shrugged, not sure what to say. “It...was ok,” He replied, not sure what to say. He still felt like his skin was tingling. Sarah chuckled and took his hand and slowly started leading him through the crazed frenzy of bodies.


Soon they were through the dance floor and Micheal looked around. “I didn't know there was more,” he told her honestly as they stepped out onto solid oak floors and into what appeared to be a bar and dining area combined.


Sarah chuckled. “Of course there is. It wouldn't be all that fun if it was just a dance floor.” She chided. “We have the dance floor, the stage, the bar, and a small restaurant here. Don't want the patrons passing out now do we?”


Micheal simply shook his head and allowed himself to be lead. He felt like a lamb leaving the flock and didn't know if he felt safe at that analogy or worried. He shook the thought out of his head and didn't want to worry. Soon he saw a massive booth in the back and noticed that was where she was leading him. He swallowed and Sarah looked back up at him and gave a small reassuring smile. She didn't speak and soon stopped in front of the table.


The man from the stage was sitting at the booth, dressed now in a poet's top and leather pants. He had boots on that came to at least his knee and his hair was down, falling over his shoulders. He looked up and smiled, boots propped up on the table as he leaned back, a cigarette in his long fingers. He took a deep draw and then set the f*g down on a crystal ash tray. Sarah pushed Micheal into a seat and slid in beside him. Micheal didn't want to sit, but knew it would be foolish to struggle so he allowed himself to be seated and looked at the man across from him.


The blonde smiled gently and studied Micheal. “Welcome to the Second Sunrise,” he stated, his voice once again like velvet. Micheal shuddered slightly and nodded. “I hope you are enjoying yourself,” he continued. “Sarah has informed me this is your first time here...or better yet your second. But if you do not remember the first we will call this the second.”

Micheal just nodded and didn't speak. The blonde male leaned forward offering his hand. “My name is Alexander Nightingale. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.”


“I'm Micheal.” He replied and took the offered hand, not wanting to feel like he was being antisocial. “Micheal Santos.”


Alex nodded and finally sat back. “Well Micheal Santos, I was asking for your” here he picked up his cigarette once more and took a long draw, “because I was curious if you were seeking employment.”


Micheal was completely caught off guard. He had no need for a source of income and never had a job just fall into his lap. He swallowed and sat back, closing his eyes. After a few seconds he opened his eyes and nodded. “I could use something to break the boredom.” He had grown bored at home and classes were not set to start up again for a few months. He thought to himself that this could help the summer pass by quicker.


Alexander chuckled and snuffed out the cigarette and nodded. “Sarah will show you what to do, starting tomorrow.” he replied. “I would prefer if you remained on the premises. We will provide everything you might need.” He continued.


Micheal frowned and stared. “I..have a home.” He interjected and swallowed.


Alexander nodded. “I am sure you do. But due to the nature of the job, it would be better if you just stay here.” He gestured with his hands, “We have a full kitchen, showers, and you may have your own quarters.” He stared at Micheal with ocean blue eyes and gave another smile. “But for now, go and enjoy the party.” Alex slowly stood, pulling his feet from the table and getting up almost like he were made of water. He nodded once more and headed for the dance floor.


Micheal blinked a little confused but stared at Sarah. She smiled. “Come. Let's go enjoy the night.” She grabbed his hand before he could complain or say 'no' and dragged him back to the fray. After what seemed like mere moments Sarah smiled. “Go home, get some rest.” She told him. “Come back about four pm.” She told him as the club was starting to close. Alexander was no where to be seen.


Micheal looked around. Finally he started feeling tired, and nodded, stifling a yawn. “Wow...what time is it?” he murmured.


Sarah smiled. “About six am.” She replied, chuckling. “I'll see ya in the morning.” She turned and started cleaning the now empty club.


Micheal then left and stumbled for home, the feel of exhaustion slowly creeping up on him. He made it home, undressed and collapsed on the bed, sound asleep before long.



© 2013 Analae


Author's Note

Analae
this is just a rough draft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
Added on June 3, 2013
Last Updated on June 3, 2013
Tags: werewolf, dancing, music


Author

Analae
Analae

Sumter, SC



About
I love to write. I have a lot of new ideas and have found a few of my ideas to have taken a darker turn. I have moved from doing poetry to doing more along the story lines. I have been updating a l.. more..

Writing
Break Break

A Chapter by Analae


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Analae