Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Analae

A knock sounded on the door outside of Micheal's door. After getting no answer, the knock sounded again, harder, waited a moment then continued on, growing more insistent by the moment. Micheal jumped to life, startled as he looked around. He sat up, stiff, as he stretched, realizing he must have fallen asleep. He blinked, rubbing his eyes, a knock resounding on his door, sounding irritated, if that was possible. He swung his legs over the side of his bed, stood up and trod across the floor. “Yeah?” He asked, not opening the door. He had no idea who would be bothering him, nor why.


“Open the damn door!” Came an annoyed voice. “Now!” Came the clipped tone that followed behind.


Micheal sighed, not knowing what he had done wrong now and slowly opened the door. “What the hell!” Sarah started right in on him, moving right past him, almost touching his chest as she muscled past him. “You are late! Your shift started fifteen minutes ago!” She put her hands on her hips and turned to look at him. “You are not even dressed! Seriously!” She stomped her booted foot, shifting from one leg to the other. “What the hell!” She moved across the floor and into the closet, walking in and pulling down a hanger with a bag on it. She slung it on the bed. “Get dressed and get out on the floor now.” She leaned down in the closet, pulling out some boots and put them in front of the bed. “Hurry!” She shook her head. “Bruce is already pissed that he's having to cover for you. Don't make him wait much longer.” With that she walked out, shaking her head.


Micheal sighed, watching her leaving, seeing her mini skirt and boots exit the door. He shuddered himself back into his thoughts and looked at the bag on the bed, frowning slightly. How had he missed that when he had explored earlier and better yet how would there have been clothing already made for him? His mind was racing as he walked over, shut the door and moved to the bed running his hands over the dark colored bag, unzipping it and unveiling a dark suit jacket, matching dark colored pants, a blue shirt, and what appeared to be a tie. He sighed, wondering why the hell a doorman to a club needed to dress like this but whatever. He pulled the suit free, sat on the bed and stared at the perfect creases in the pants, realizing how much the suit had to cost. There was no name on it, which meant it had been hand tailored. He gawked, running his hands once more over the pants, then pulled the shirt free of the jacket, and lay it out. He undressed and slowly started putting the suit on, complete with suspenders and cuff-links. He slicked his blonde hair back, buttoned the three buttons up after making sure the shirt was firmly tucked in, slid the belt into place and sat down to put his shoes on.


When he was fully attired he looked in the mirror and didn't recognize himself. He looked like a made man, like someone who had old money. He was in shock for a moment before looking at the clock on the wall which read nine thirty-five and he knew he was about to get in a lot of heat when he made it to the floor. He was not looking forward to facing Bruce, dressed as he were or not. He had never seen Bruce dressed like this and had no idea why he was given such treatment. He steadied his nerves and opened the door, walking out and down the hall, hearing the base through the floor as he walked.


He turned a corner, fixing his cuffs, fidgeting again with his sleeves as he looked up meeting the steel blue of Bruce's eyes soon as he made it fully around the corner and into the main room. Bruce frowned immediately, the brows of his eyes narrowing to the point they almost touched, and a sound, almost like that of a low growl escaped his lips. He made a step forward, towards Micheal, and Micheal, feeling like prey in front of a predator froze. He held Bruce's gaze, more afraid of dropping it then holding it. He could feel his heart pound in his throat as he held his ground, knowing he was late, but not knowing why he felt like he was about to be torn open like a deer lead to slaughter before a hungry wolf. He swallowed hard, willing the pulse in his throat to slow down, dropping his arms to his sides, turning so he could keep Bruce fully in his line of sight as the large man moved towards him.


Bruce made his advance ever so slowly, the big man towering over Micheal easily by over a foot if not more. His eyes stayed focused on the smaller man, the fresh “meat”, the newbie as he weighed him, challenged him, tested him, as he moved across the floor. This was the new guy's first day and he was already late. This infuriated Bruce to no end. Sarah had known better than to let him over sleep. He would deal with her later! Finally, Bruce stood almost touching the smaller, blonde man, glaring down at him. “You...are...late.” He barked out, his voice sounding raspy, holding back the anger he was feeling. His hands were bawled tight into fists at his sides. “You were warned not to be late...and yet you were ...still late!” He blinked and once again narrowed his eyes, his brows almost touching his nose. His voice was almost a growl at this time. “You are lucky we are not yet busy...” He finished, looking around the room. “For if we were this would go a lot worse for you.” He warned. “This is also your first offense...” He leaned down, putting his face directly in front of Micheal's. “If it ever...happens again, you will not be so lucky...” He growled. He saw Sarah watching and knew that whatever happened would be reported back to Alexander. He could tell by the dress of the young man Alexander had special plans for him.


Micheal swallowed hard, fighting hard not to take a step back. He kept his gaze on Bruce, taking all he had not to back down or step away. He had a feeling that would be very bad. He didn't know why but something in the back of his mind kept telling him not to. It made his skin crawl, the whispering in his head, something he had never felt before, like another voice. He felt like he was going crazy, but he knew he wasn't. It felt natural, like a part of himself. “Hold your ground. Hold his gaze. Don't speak.” It encouraged, it didn't provoke. He followed it, wishing this was over.


Bruce growled once more before taking one of his fists and slamming it into Micheal's body, sending him flying across the room. Sarah nodded and got up and walked over to Micheal who looked confused, lying in a pile of broken tables and chairs, legs above his head. He had no idea what happened, one moment he was listening to the blue eyed guy talk, the next he was flying. He closed his eyes, coughing, rubbing his chest. “OUCH!” he winced, slowly sitting up, once he was sure which was up actually was.


Sarah knelt down beside him and helped him up. “Come on, get up.” She said, pulling up all the way up. “To your feet.” She sighed, as she watched him slowly stand up. “Lucky he wasn't any angrier...that's wasn't bad.” She stated, matter of factly. She didn't seem to worried about his well being after he got up. “Told you not to be late, but you didn't listen. Then you took your time getting dressed...tsk tsk...” She tapped her booted foot, shaking her head, pig tails bouncing. Micheal looked up. “Did...you change your hair?” He asked, cocking his head.


Sarah laughed. “Yeah...I change it a lot. Pink tonight, purple sometimes. Blue others. Never know” She giggled. “Spikes, pig tails, pony tails...whatever. Boss lets me do it. It's fun.” She nodded. “As long as he let's me I'll keep it up.” She looked back seeing Alexander looking her way. “Speak of the devil and there he is.” She flashed him a big smile. Alexander nodded and held a glass in her direction and gave a small bow. Sarah blushed slightly, which confused Micheal just slightly but he ignored it. He was confused enough as it was.


“I see.” He replied. “Why did I get these fancy duds and Bruce gets to wear that?” He asked, motioning to Bruce's tight bouncer clothing. “The tight shirt, the pants that leave nothing to the imagination?” He asked, shaking his head, still feeling a little off kilter.


Sarah laughed. “He has assets that he can flaunt that even as a 'doorman' he doesn't mind flaunting. You wouldn't believe the girls that go goo-goo over him.” She rolled her eyes. “So many think that he's dreamy. The cold stare, the ice blue eyes, the frozen exterior. The icy demeanor.” She snorted. “He's worse than a wet blanket, but sometimes when he's off duty and he gets drunk he can be all cuddly and it's so funny watching him. He turns all mushy.” She started laughing.


“Now,” She turned facing Micheal, “You were supposed to start training under Bruce tonight,” she paused, tapping her boot, “But seeing how you and him are not really on good terms on the moment I will push that back to tomorrow on hopes you will be on time.” Here she emphasized “on time” once again. She took a deep breath and lowered her head. “Against my better judgment you are to meet Alexander and see what he wants to do with you.” She swallowed hard and turned, motioning for him to follow. Alexander was of a capricious nature and you never knew what you were truly walking into when you went to him.


“Keep your eyes down until he speaks to you,” She told Micheal as they got near her boss. “Do not make eye contact unless he asks you to do so, when you look at him.” She warned. She did not go into detail and now Micheal was a little worried as to what exactly his employer truly was and what he really was. He was growing more and more confused by the moment as he stayed here. Everything was an enigma and nothing added up, just added more questions. A few moments later they reached their destination and he was drawn from his thoughts at the sounds of voices.


“Hmm?” Came a very smooth accented voice. “What have we here?” It was male, Micheal could tell. He did not raise his head, as Sarah had told him, he was counting the different designs in the polished marble in the floors.


“This is the newest worker, joined us a few days ago.” Came Sarah's reply. “He...umm...was an accident.” That made Micheal's head jerk up, but not enough to look up, just c**k sideways. This was the first time he had heard this term.


“Accident?” Came the male voice. “I was not informed of any accident.” A cane hit the marble with a loud clang and Micheal jumped out of his thoughts, trying to follow this conversation and trying to figure out what they were talking about. The accent was thick, but he could not place it.


Sarah swallowed. “It...was in the club. Second Sunrise. About 2 weeks ago.” She replied, twisting her left foot. “I...don't really know all the details. I just remember it happening.” She blushed just a little, knowing she had taken part in the accident.


Alexander frowned slightly. “My little pet, you know better.” He sighed. “Two weeks.” He looked at the young man in front of him. “How long has he been in our halls?” He asked, looking between the two of them. Micheal had yet to speak or look up, and Alexander smirked, seeing that Sarah had warned the boy.


“About a week. He has been given a room down below...near mine,” She stated. “So I can keep an eye on him.” She continued. “Bruce was going to train him today but that didn't go so well....”She dropped her eyes. “You were putting a pup in front of an alpha without training at all and expecting it to go well?” Alex laughed, a throaty sound that sent chills down Micheal's back, both in excitement and fear. “It's worked before...”She started, before Alexander raised his hand stopping her.


“That was not with Bruce. Bruce is not a true alpha and is not good with weak pups nor one who does not actually know what in the hells is going on.”Alex chuckled again. “Come, bring him to my chambers. There is much to discuss, my pet.” He turned, put his cane over his arm, and put Sarah's arm over his own. “Micheal, come.” He stated, giving it like a command one would give a loved dog. “Stay close or you will get lost.”


Micheal lifted his head, looking up, nodded and fell in behind Alex and Sarah, dropping his eyes once more, feeling like a lost little puppy. He had no idea how close he was to the actual mark he was.


Alex lead them down from the main hall, his hand over Sarah's like a doting lover, leading her beside him. Micheal followed close behind, watching the scenery change. Stairs spiraled down one more flight and turned into a large walk way then they stopped in front of a set of massive wooden and iron doors that looked like they had been taken from a castle itself. Alexander grabbed one of the gargoyle handles and pushed the massive door in like it was nothing. “Come, come!” He ordered them both. “Away from prying ears, and possible anger.” And in his mind he was thinking he could control them better if he had them like this. Pets were easier to control when away from a pack. He smiled, shutting the door behind them.


Entering the massive room, they allowed their eyes to adjust as Alexander had already disappeared. “Where are we?” Micheal whispered, walking towards Sarah. “Master Alex's private chambers.” She answered. She moved forward, found a chair and sat down. “Sit, We will wait.” Micheal sat down, leaned back in the massive over stuffed green chair. IT was huge, mahogany wood foot chair with plush green fabric, overstuffed to where one sunk into the cushions. He leaned back and closed his eyes, light music, some sort of a violin symphony trickling through. Soon both of them drifted off to sleep, Alexander watching them both. 



© 2017 Analae


Author's Note

Analae
rough draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on November 30, 2017
Last Updated on November 30, 2017


Author

Analae
Analae

Sumter, SC



About
I love to write. I have a lot of new ideas and have found a few of my ideas to have taken a darker turn. I have moved from doing poetry to doing more along the story lines. I have been updating a l.. more..

Writing
Break Break

A Chapter by Analae


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Analae