Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Analae
"

what has Sarah gotten Micheal into?

"

Sarah looked over at Micheal as he disappeared into the overstuffed chair. She sighed, listening to the music, knowing the glamour of the room could make one's senses lull one into a sense of defenselessness. She had felt it too many times and fought it. She sat back in her chair, legs over the side of the fluffed up side, boots dangling over. Her head rested against the back and side, her pigtails scrunched up in a brightly colored mess as she watched the door, waiting on the tale-tail signs of Alexander's return. Micheal groaned in his seat, his eyes fluttering as he fought consciousness, unsure of the time passing them by.


“What's going on?” He asked, his voice sounding groggy, almost drugged, as he looked over at Sarah through heavily lidded eyes. “How long have we been waiting?” He yawned, sliding even farther down into the chair, rumbling his suit. He crossed his long legs and arms, yawning again, his eyes finally closing. The music in the air was so soothing, it was hard to stay focused.


“Not all that long honestly,” Sarah retorted, watching him, shaking her head. She knew that the magic here was thick, this was all Alexander's doing, this was him. She couldn't remember how many times she had been here, or lead others here for him. She shuddered, letting Micheal sleep, knowing now it would be pointless to even try to talk to him the glamour having already taken hold. She should have warned him. She was mad at herself, she knew better. She had her own guard up, but had not even thought to have warned him. She snorted inwardly, arms crossed in a pout and glared at the inner sanctum door, her legs now bouncing as she slowly kicked her top foot over her other as they were crossed. She was furious with herself, and it showed. Her lips were in a slight frown, her brow was narrowed, her legs bounced, her arms were crossed tightly over her chest, her friends called it cute which just made her even more pissed.


She leaned her head back, focusing on the decorative ceiling overhead. She snorted at the copper tiles, eyes tracing the rose and thorn pattern even though she had seen it too many times to count on both hands. The copper was a faded black, the metal barely shining through and if you didn't know what you were looking at you could miss it. She knew. Alexander had made sure to point it out, many times, and had explained the work that had gone into having it laid along with the marble columns and the hardwood floors. She scoffed for a moment, knowing that her employer took extreme joy in

.3 making sure those he brought back here knew the workings of the chambers, if they were going to see them again. He wanted them to remember. Arrogant b*****d, though she would never say that to his face, she was truly thankful for him.


She sat up quickly, hearing the music becoming louder, footsteps clacking on the floors. Sarah looked over at Micheal who groaned, his head lulling back against the headrest. His blonde hair frizzed slightly, drool falling out the side of his mouth. “Totally attractive, “ Sarah snorted, sarcastically, watching the door.


She knew Alexander had two sets of inner sanctum doors before he would reach them. “Hey...sleeping beauty..”She snapped her fingers, glaring at Micheal's sleeping form. She looked behind her and grabbed a cushion from the remaining chair and threw it, hitting the dozing man square in the face. He groaned.


“Five more minutes,” He muttered, eyes fluttering slightly. He stretched, neck stiff. The light was different in here, dim. He could hear music. He slowly sat up, rubbing the back of his neck, yawning a little. His suit was wrinkled slightly, but the expensive fabric was not easily creased so it did not show much wear from the odd position he had been in. “Where are we?” Micheal asked her, looking over at the pissed off woman slouched in the chair across from him. He studied the cushion that had assaulted him moments earlier, turning it over in his hands, awed at the beautiful embroidery and stitching. Everything in this room screamed expense. He ran his hands over the wrinkles in his jacket, even though they were trivial, he felt the need to busy his hands.


“Stop it!” Sarah snapped, watching him fidget. It was driving her mad watching him. She knew that any moment now Alexander's smiling face would come through that door and she had no idea what would follow. He was mercurial and it almost frightened her. She knew it wasn't aimed at her, but she felt responsible for Micheal and she wanted to make sure no harm came to him, especially from their employer if she could help it. She knew that a game of cat and mouse wasn't out of the question but true harm would truly upset her and make her feel like she had failed.


Micheal watched as Sarah tensed again. The music once again became louder and they both cocked their heads in unison, like dogs waiting for their masters to call for dinner. Boots could be heard clacking on the floor just on the other side of the door and every muscle in Sarah's body was tight even though she was laid back in the chair. Micheal narrowed his eyes slightly, confused as to why she would act as such way, when not an hour earlier she had introduced him smiling. He felt like a lamb to slaughter. If she could have read his thoughts she would have probably agreed. She met his eyes for a moment, gave a half smile then turned her gaze back to the door.


The bronze handle turned slowly, the heavy door moved inward on its large metal hinges. Sconces on the walls had flames dancing along the walls barely able to be seen from the chairs from which his guests sat. His silken voice vibrated through the room, his long blonde hair framing his pale face. His cold blue eyes surveyed both of them and he chuckled, the sound sending chills down Sarah's spine, making her shudder. Micheal was entranced, studying the man before him. Alexander grinned broader, his smile wide. He had on a white business style shirt that had been left partially unbuttoned, revealing his perfect chest. His leather pants disappeared into his knee high boots, making it hard to tell where one ended and the other began. He once again had a cigarette in his long fingers, the smoke billowing into the large sitting room, the music pouring out behind him. “Come.” He spoke the single word and turned, and order he expected to be followed and walked not bothering to look behind him. His boots this time made no noise as he walked, he made no noise as he moved like a ghost down the fire lite hallway.


Sarah slowly stood up. “Come on,” She whispered, grabbing Micheal's arm. She pulled him out of his trance and took off after Alexander. She knew that his thrall worked on both male and female alike, no one could resist him and when he really wanted to he could really work his charm. Tonight he was being too nice. She was on her guard. Micheal stumbled behind her, blinking a few times. He gathered his bearings and got his feet under him and shook her off.


Together they followed their gracious host down the hallways, through the other two sets of double doors, and into a massive chamber. If the sitting room had been grand, this room was pure opulence. A fireplace big enough for a king size bed sat roaring against one wall, carved from the wall itself, wolves hunting in the wood worked carvings. Marbled flooring was wall to wall, while massive columns sat in all four corners with a statue on each one. A chaise lounge sat against one wall, a fountain near it giving the relaxer something to listen to. Overstuffed chairs once again sat in the middle of the room, and the copper tiles ran across the raised ceiling. Chandeliers hung from the ceiling, making the room look like it had once been a ball room that had been converted to fit the host's tastes.


Alexander stopped and turned, clapping his hands, breaking the silence in the room. This made both of his guests start as they walked in. The music changed slightly to that of a lighter tune and he chuckled under his breath. “Why so tense?” He asked, turning to face them. “I have done nothing wrong.” He put his cigarette out in an ash tray near a leather couch in front of the fire place. His voice was soothing and he flashed another white smile, a large canine flashing for a moment.


Sarah swallowed. “It has been a long night,” She answered, dropping her eyes. She elbowed Micheal to drop his gaze, which he did. He felt like he was in the presence of royalty instead of someone who was going to be paying him. This was all to confusing.


Alexander laughed again, laying back on the large couch. “Sit, sit.” Yet again, it was an order. He melted into the furniture, his body almost moving like that of a large cat. Both Sarah and Micheal moved to sit in the chairs in front of him, once again overstuffed like the ones out in the waiting area. It seemed he had a taste of the uncomfortable, if he thought it was stylish.


Sarah sat, stiff in the chair, her jovial character from earlier gone. Alex watched her from his position on the couch, playing his hair between his fingers. His blue eyes shown expectantly for a moment from where he lay, his eyes only for her. He motioned with his finger, a smile playing on his lips, “Come,” he told her. She frowned for a second before getting up. Micheal frowned, staring at her, unsure of what was to happen and uncomfortable immediately. He dropped his eyes and swallowed the hard ball forming in his throat, hearing her boots as she padded across the marble floor.


Sarah made her way to Alexander's side and he looked up at her expectantly. She leaned down and he caught her, pulling her down to him, he grabbed her hair and pulled her ear against him. “You shouldn't have brought him here and you know it.” He growled against her, and she shuddered. “Accidents shouldn't happen, and will not happen again.” He pushed his fingers against her throat, feeling her pulse quicken, knowing he could snuff out her life and she knew it too. “Do you understand me?” All she could do was nod. She panicked, her voice had abandoned her, her heart raced. She knew what power lay beneath his hands. She had seen what he could do and she was scared. She flicked her eyes over at Micheal who was steadily counting whatever it was he saw on the floor. She figured he thought her and Alex were lovers and that really got to her. Alex chuckled and licked her pulse. “You get, leave him.” He commanded, pushing her from him so hard she stumbled. She looked at Micheal, taking him in, worried this was the last time she would see him, turned quickly and bolted from the room, as fast as her two feet would carry her.


As soon as she was gone, Alexander sat up, swung his legs over the side of the couch and smiled. “I repeat myself. Welcome, to the Second Sunrise.” Alex's cool smile was the last thing Micheal remembered that night as sleep clouded his mind and he slouched into the chair.



© 2017 Analae


Author's Note

Analae
rough draft. this really didn't turn out the way i thought it was going to...but i think i like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on November 30, 2017
Last Updated on November 30, 2017


Author

Analae
Analae

Sumter, SC



About
I love to write. I have a lot of new ideas and have found a few of my ideas to have taken a darker turn. I have moved from doing poetry to doing more along the story lines. I have been updating a l.. more..

Writing
Break Break

A Chapter by Analae


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Analae