The Day I Lived

The Day I Lived

A Story by Analae
"

Vampires and Battle? What will the outcome be?

"
If you are reading this, you must have come far. I hope that you have not come upon this by accident and if you have, please, I warn you, put it back. This could very well be to much. I lay dieing as i write this. Every letter is agony. But the story must be told. It Must!

It was a rainy day. The last few days have been. Nothing out of the ordinary. I am the 2nd regimate of the Kings army. It is the year of our lord 1456. We have just been assigned to go check out a disterbence in the east. There has been a tale of slaughter. This has made the king furious. It is on the outskirt of his domain, his kingdom. It might very well be his people.

We do not know who the culprit is or was. We saddle our mounts and head to the east. IT is right after dawn. Don't want to go after the unseen in the dark, that would be a death wish, as well as extremely foolish. Its only about 8 in the morning. We had a small meal. Bread and cheese. Riding for long hours can mess up a stomach.

Mountains loom ahead and behind us. The king picked an amazing area. Its hard for anyone to come at us. Water on two sides and mountains of the others. So where did this "monster" come from? From amougst us? Certainly he could not have scaled the mountains without some one noticing. The ride is tiresome. About noon we stop for a short leg rest and a quick meal. This time, dried beef and bread. A quick drink of water.

We reach the area about 2 in the afternoon. The sun has reached the top of the sky, and started retreating as if in a sleepy daze. Clouds, rain....grr...could it be more miserable. Sun and rain? Come on...Humidity and armor are not made for each other. Only if it could be shed. My sword, in its leather sheath at my side, creaks as if it too is in complaint.

We ride upon a camp site...oddly enough there is no one there. The camp looks as if it has been ripped apart. No bodies....no blood. Odd.

Everyone dismounts and ties the steeds to the surrounding trees. As we walk away from them, one screams. A horrible sound really. I look back and see one of the men fighting with the beast. Looks like it has gone mad. Nostrils flared , eyes white...hoofs pawing the air. The man is thrown back and the horse takes off. Then all of a sudden the others pull apart their tethers. What is going on? Has everything gone mad?

Next thing I know I am on my back, pain shooting through my body.. Have I been attacked? By what, no wait, by who? I feel blood. Warm, wet. Mine? Why?
I reach my hand down to my side for my blade, only to find that it has been stripped from me. I try to sit up, and realize why my blade is gone. It has pierced my lower torso and has me bound to the ground. Who did this? They must have been a strong moster. Next thing I know I am choking on my own blood, unable to move, and soon unable to breathe. What a death. I fight my dieing body to look around me. Death, blood. Even the remain horses have been slain. Next thing I know, I hear footsteps.

I see a young man step out from behind the trees. He is covered in blood. Certainly this could not have been what has caused this.
He approaches me. "Your alive?" He spoke.

All i can do is stare and cough, struggling to breathe. He leans down and touches the pommel of my blade. He laughs.

He leans down and touches my helm. He pulls. The agony.
He gasps...."You're a woman?" I watch the amazement play across his face.
He pulls the blade from my chest. I scream. He cuts his wrist.
Now I tell you this. I survived. How I still do not understand to this day. If you are reading this, beware-you might be next!

© 2010 Analae


Author's Note

Analae
This is more of a story that was built more by just playing around than having any actual ideas to go off of. This was written back in 1999 so it is an older story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on January 12, 2010
Last Updated on January 12, 2010

Author

Analae
Analae

Sumter, SC



About
I love to write. I have a lot of new ideas and have found a few of my ideas to have taken a darker turn. I have moved from doing poetry to doing more along the story lines. I have been updating a l.. more..

Writing
Break Break

A Chapter by Analae


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Analae