Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Analae
"

Here is a prologue/chapter for Second Sunrise.

"
He woke up putting his hand to his head.  He had a killer headache.  He sat up with a groan, the ceiling fan moving the curtains and air in the room.  He shook his head then stopped, pushing his hair back from his face.  He crawled out of bed and looked around his room before stumbling to dress.  He grabbed his pants off the floor and a hoodie jacket off the back of the computer chair.  He dressed, ran his fingers through his hair and tried to remember the night before.  He had gone...where?  He thought to himself.  "The movies, right?"

He tried to remember what he had gone to see but he could not recall ever getting to the theater.  He sat on his bed to pull on his shoes and stopped for a moment.  he sniffed the air and something smelled good.  It took him a moment to realize it smelled like bacon.  ON of his neighbors must be cooking.  He decided to head out and see who was cooking.  If it was one of his friends he knew he could snag a bacon sandwich.  They all looked out for each other around here.  It was just that type of community.  He headed down the stairs, grabbed his keys, locked the door and stepped outside on that nice October morning.  He was on fall break from college the next week and was happy for the reprieve.  
He looked down the street and could tell that the sweet scent of bacon was a little further down the road.  He had nothing better to do and it couldn't be more that a few houses down, so he let his nose take over and just started walking and looking.

He snapped out of his bacon induced trance about ten minutes later  to find himself closer to town than his house.  He looked around and realized that he was staring at a fast food store during breakfast.  He was hungry and felt foolish so he walked in and got a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit with triple bacon and a soda.  He walked out with his prize, opened the plastic paper type wrapper and stated devouring his sandwich.  He tossed the paper in the trash and figured since he was down town anyway he would head towards the theater to see if any of the posters or times rang a bell and jogged his memory.

He got about half a block away and knew he was close.  He could see the sign and smell the popcorn.  But he could not remember ever coming here.  He slowed down, finished his drink and crushed his cup and threw it in the trash.  He looked around and spotted an odd flier laying on the ground.  He reached down and picked it up and snorted.  It was too brightly colored and it hurt his head to try and decipher it.  It said something along the lines of "Leave the laser and join the Rave!"  He crumbled it up and threw it in the trash when he heard yelling.

"You!  Hey you...wait up!" It was a female voice.

He looked around to see who the voice could be yelling for.  There was no one else really around except for a short woman yelling for someone.

She ran up to him, trying to catch her breath.  "Micheal, right?"  She asked, standing up, pushing her hair behind her ears.

He wrinkled his nose.  "And...you are?"  he asked, looking her over.

She was short and dressed almost completely in black.  Her eyes were gold, brown hair, and what appeared to be platform boots.  Her shirt was torn, fell off of her shoulders and read "cross my heart I hope you die."  "How cheerful", he thought to himself.  She had skulls and coffins hanging from her ears, a huge collar with spikes, and leather wrist cuffs.  Her hair was pink tipped over the normal brownish black.

He was skeptical as to how she knew him.  She smiled.  "I'm Sarah.  We met last night..."  She cocked her head hands behind her back, "Remember?  Just like a man.  Forgets a girl as soon as she leaves his sight."  She gave a fake pout.

He shook his head pushing his hair from his face.  "I don't know you, don't know what you are talking about.  Hell, I don't know how you know my name."  He laughed.  "Besides, that's a bad attempt to ask for a date."

Sarah turned red.  "What the!?"  she asked.  "You're an a*s."  She jabbed her finger in his chest.  "You walked up to me last night, not the other way around."

She turned away from him, regaining her composure.  "You'll come looking for me.  You'll want answers one day."  

She chuckled and started walking away.  "The club is called 'Second Sunrise'  you can't miss it. See you later."  A few moments later she had turned and was out of his sight.



© 2010 Analae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
Added on February 2, 2010
Last Updated on February 2, 2010
Tags: seconds, chances, sunrise


Author

Analae
Analae

Sumter, SC



About
I love to write. I have a lot of new ideas and have found a few of my ideas to have taken a darker turn. I have moved from doing poetry to doing more along the story lines. I have been updating a l.. more..

Writing
Break Break

A Chapter by Analae


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Analae