The Playground - part 1

The Playground - part 1

A Story by Anata
"

Short story based on one of my dreams

"

My name is Alice. I was only 16 years old when my parents decided to put in me in this sort of ‘mental institution’. They couldn’t cope with the fact that I heard things they didn’t. They thought that I was going crazy; I even heard them mention schizophrenia to each other now and then. They kept whispering, thinking I wouldn’t notice or hear. But I knew damn well that they were talking about me and how to get rid of me.

 

I have one younger sister, her name is Samara. She is my parent’s favorite, presumably because she is so sweet and innocent, and doesn’t hear voices …. And although she’s only 6 years old, she knew how to play them, how to get her way in everything she asked. But having said that, she was the only one who understood me, or at least tried to understand me. She didn’t judge me, nor did she talk about me behind my back. She even supported me when my parents were trying to tell me what was about to happen. They tried to cover it up, making weird remarks about sending me to boarding school. Eventually they gave up, and told me the truth.

 

The moment I heard the word mental institution I thought my world fell apart. I tried to convince them that I wasn’t insane; I told them everything I thought that could possibly help. But alas, they didn’t want to listen. They ignored the fact that I can feel the presence of the person talking, I just can’t see them. Or it might have been even more reason for them to believe I am insane. Everything I tried was in vane, so the next day those people with their eye-blinding white coats rang our doorbell, and I was escorted out into a van. The little windows were covered with what looked as barb wire, the walls covered with cushions, as were the benches inside the van. They pushed me, guiding me unto the bench, and the next thing I knew there was this cold needle in my arm. I felt the liquid burning my veins, going up, burning … and then … everything… turned black…

 

© 2008 Anata


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it... omg.. that was great

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this story is so touching. why are the parents so mean!? you should def. write more. i write stories based on my dreams too, thats so weird.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 18, 2008
Last Updated on September 23, 2008

Author

Anata
Anata

Houthalen, Belgium



About
So :) first of all, i'm 25 years old. Second :p my real name is 'Siva, it's from India, though i have no relations whatsoever there. I enjoy writing, and have recently found my passion again, as i .. more..

Writing
Greed Greed

A Poem by Anata


Take a risk Take a risk

A Poem by Anata


Conscience Conscience

A Poem by Anata