"So You're Pretty ... So You're Not..."

"So You're Pretty ... So You're Not..."

A Story by Chris
"

A day's views of a day's views.

"

 

 

So you're pretty... so you're not... You care - a lot, don't you?  or do you?  Do you even know I'm sitting here right now, head tilted just this way.  My eyes half-open, my mind barely holding its own as thoughts of how you are - whirl and float and flow and RUN soooooooo fast.

 

One instant - you GLOW!  The next, you shrink and seem to try so hard to disappear - to not be - to not ...be.  I see your eyes.  They focus and wander and focus - pause, return.  Lovely butterflies on life's breeze, pausing and darting, unseeing, shimmering and ...and leaving, going ...fading ...somehow lost and oh so more precious than my next breath will ever be.

 

I guess this isn't about you ...never was, really, about you.  It's my tear that glistens as you go back and forth, back ...and forth.  And yes you're pretty and no you aren't... but then it's all in my eyes isn't it... my mind, my eyes, our "I's" ...how and where you are.  How we each perceive we are.  What is real and when it isn't as real as we thought we were.  God knows less about me and it isn't even noon on yet another Tuesday.

 

Yet another Tuesday - after all.

 

Chris

 

 

© 2013 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I tell my clients all the time that their magic mirror lies to them.. mine.. of course.. never tells me anything but the truth.. um.. I think.. it is really important that we look at ourselves through the eyes of our beloved.. theirs see so much clearer than ours do..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I imagine someone sitting in the park bench reminiscing about the past and the future that could be but didn't, thinking about that ex that just squeezed every bit of love that resided in their heart.
I imagined that one was me. A nice and emotional read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautiful

Posted 10 Years Ago


Once again another piece that just pulled me it. I find your writing style fun and entertaining to read.

~Res

Posted 11 Years Ago


Interesting write. I get a sense of whatever will get me through the week. Of course, I could just be reading too much into the last two lines. Liked it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


As they say beauty is only skin deep but that it fades with age...I always like someone who doesnt know they are attractive...I guess it just isnt that important to them.

Enjoyed your words Chris...SyberRose

Posted 11 Years Ago


You know, I had so many thoughts on this piece...then I sat here, inhaled and this is cliche but true - I have one word - speechless!!! xoxo

Posted 11 Years Ago


Those b*****d Tuesdays...



Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
I'm not sure which is more emotionally devastating for me to read you or me, lol. This is beautiful Chris. That line just kills me for reasons you couldn't know,but it pretty much lays me out flat again, s**t, does this ever end?

"I guess this isn't about you ...never was, really, about you. It's my tear that glistens as you go back and forth, back ...and forth. And yes you're pretty and no you aren't... but then it's all in my eyes isn't it... my mind, my eyes, our "I's" ...how and where you are."

Posted 11 Years Ago


Refreshing when stories are about ambiguity rather than pinning things down.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Loved this read. Very nice

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1128 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Potato Potato

A Poem by SkinlessFrank


dear mom dear mom

A Poem by quinfinn