"The Cat Wants..."

"The Cat Wants..."

A Poem by Chris
"

It just is what it is...

"

It just is what it is…

 

"The Cat Wants…"

 

How was your today? It's 1137 P.M. here - my now, as I start this. I've just decided it really wasn't a "good" day - could have been but …no. Do we play blame games? - is it my fault …of course it is. As adults we lie to ourselves - we expect, believe …hope… But when even the little things are undone - you come to realize your own value to others.  Just what their perceptions of you are OR weren't

I apologize for pausing but the silence got too close.

 

"Hallelujah… hallelujah, Hallelu-u-u-u-jah."  Singing to the choir.  Living the echoes.  I couldn't catch a breath - sometimes it hurts but that's what we do …live with it.

 

Yep, first class feelin' sorry for myself - WHY?  Because I listened to the silence.  Actually listened …into… the silence.  In the deepness - I've sat here, well into the next day now.  I originally wandered this place, then THIS site - so many …words AND wanderers.  The self's illusion came undone and I saw me.  And what mattered to me didn't, doesn't, don't, won't, …can't count in what makes up my existence.  It don't matter - but it DID …to me… some things just matter …to me, and always have - BUT not to others - then or now or likely tomorrow …it HURTS now - the silence is too tight.

 

Had to pause again.

 

Hey, the world's mean - nothings fair, life happens, it's all a biatch …but, what happens when you realize its YOU that isn't anything at all in the present of your own existence?

 

Ya angry yet?  For me It came and went… became more of a self-knocking thing, a why bother, care, give a damn…even try.  Do you even realize how YOU want to be treated - for real - til you understand you're not?  And then?  What?

 

Chris

 


© 2018 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

https://www.smart-jokes.org/cat-diary.html

Posted 3 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DAH
There's nothing like a decent ringing out of self
to get to either the core of pain or joy, and you
have conveyed this properly.

Keep Pushing, Keep Writing!

Good job!

Posted 4 Years Ago


DAH

4 Years Ago

Yes, and I believe that all of us most take responsibility for the kindling that encourages the fire.. read more
Chris

4 Years Ago

Life as we live it - seldom as we want it.
DAH

4 Years Ago

Yes, to burn is to live
This feels a bit nihilistic to me, which isn't a healthy way to think. But, you know, it is still can creep up on you and is interesting to ponder. I too, feel this way at times. Life is so self-serving. What am I doing that is benefiting others? Why does my existence matter? If I died tomorrow, some family and friends would mourn, but then they'd die eventually, so who cares?

Silence is scary, but I think it is good. It allows your mind to contemplate these philosophical thoughts. I think that is why the younger generation is so wrapped up in technology- it allows them to escape the silence that lets these truths slither in. It promotes thoughtlessness.

But I liked the rant. Please be well. Life is perspective from your state of mind.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

The tune was Leonard Cohen's... the 'Tude is mine.

Sometimes you need to speak your m.. read more
Chris,
an interesting meditation. It almost sounds like a mild argument with yourself in order to break the silence. I notice you wrote this the day after Christmas . . . is there a connection?
Tom

Posted 5 Years Ago


That silence. I've always heard that still small voice in the silence was supposed to guide you in the right direction. It makes you wonder if God has an overweight secretary that does mystic readings talking through a dime-sized megaphone in your ear.

If the silence gets that close, do I really want it as a friend? Am I suppose to fill it with any kind of nonsense just to avoid it?

Your words make one think. And then what? More silence? More bad feelings? I don't know how to feel good sometimes. No one taught me, or I wasn't listening. There was something else going through my mind other than silence.

Life is weird. I don't understand it, but I don't want to start over again.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Chris

5 Years Ago

and yet sometimes we HAVE to start over and over again... life happens and we ...deal as only we can.. read more
Relic

5 Years Ago

Perhaps that's all life is...start overs one after another. Sucks.

You're welcome.
Incredibly real. This was deep and self-reflecting. Aware of us, them, and me within. I love the sincerity in it, the rawness. If this doesn’t touch a cord, then the reader isn’t getting IT.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Chris

5 Years Ago

I hope you return and find more to pause with.
I love this one Chris, recognize so much of myself in this one. I think who we are and what is important to us changes to meet what is or can be obtainable, and have we made ourselves obtainable to others? Recently a special young woman rented an apartment with a doorbell, she was so thrilled that it had a doorbell...during the make ready of the unit the door bell chimer didn't have a cover and the wires were exposed, and so the maintenance man removed the doorbell, when the young lady moved in and realized the doorbell was gone the entire magic of that apartment just melted away from her. she was clearly upset and was getting water all over the place and calling in to the office about nonexistent leaking in her unit, I purchased a doorbell with my own money and had it installed... no more leaks.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Chris

5 Years Ago

YOU are a gem Corset... and real. You take care.
Corset

5 Years Ago

You are.....
disillusionment can shatter your dream when what you felt wasn't now it seems. An old poet said be true to thyself and I guess there in find what you need to those who use misuse and abuse how can they find an answer from within?

Posted 5 Years Ago


Chris

5 Years Ago

We all have or will have "Bad" days ...getting through or over them is a part of who we are as a per.. read more
yes, we never quite figure out who we are and what our purpose is until we figure out we are not that...negatives can simply overcome us...i love the line "silence got to close"--
when life pauses, it can be a really uncomfortable silence as we dwell on introspection...and not like what we see and hear in that silence...i guess all we can do is make the best of what we are and what we are given...all we can do.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I'm in such a bad mood, I shouldn't have read this. But there you go. even Darwin said he couldn't think straight. And then what?
What next continues to be you. No one else matters in the perhaps not final analysis. Carpe Diem.
But then In Silence there is eloquence. Stop weaving and see how the pattern improves.”
― Rumi

Posted 5 Years Ago


Chris

5 Years Ago

Seems we each have "Our Days" Ken, life as we live it. Thanks for pausing.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

827 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 26, 2018
Last Updated on December 26, 2018
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Falling Falling

A Story by Samuel Dickens


Stumble Stumble

A Poem by Corset