"Real..."

"Real..."

A Poem by Chris
"

Careful, the heart you touch may be your own...

"
Hey guys, can you do me and yourselves a favor?  There's an author here I want to ask you to pause with...


Read his "The Blonde Girl".  Just two not overly long chapters and thereafter perhaps one or two poems.  He paused my day midstep.  What else is there ...constructive... to say?  Careful, the heart you touch may be your own...

"Real..."

When you taste ...real...
the afters flow through you
well into your nows
and life pauses
and you ...catch a breath,
and your heart and mind KNOW
exactly
what you truly wish
you could have said
but couldn't ...and likely didn't... so long ago.

Chris

Give Chase some "Constructive" feedback ...your heart needs it.

© 2019 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel Free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

such an emotional read, well expressed

Posted 3 Years Ago


Chris

3 Years Ago

some efforts need to be recognized so their author realizes their meaning... his words needed that.
Lovely
Emotive
I enjoyed reading this

Posted 3 Years Ago


Chris

3 Years Ago

I enjoyed having you pause... come by anytime.
I like this, it speaks of a now tone. This is good.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Please pause with Chase... will do your heart good.
I know this feeling exactly! When you taste "real," nothing artificial, manufactured, or fabricated can EVER satisfy your tastebuds again. This applies to a lot of things like food but definitely like love, passion, and a connection that can only be experienced in a superior relationship dynamic. But there is no time for regret. No looking back except to learn the lesson that if you ever hold it in your hands again, you should enjoy it and appreciate it for all that it is worth because it can be gone in a flash. Beautiful piece! I'll check Chase out.

Posted 4 Years Ago


yes i agree!!
how often does your brain stop in a vacuum with nothing to riposte with, when confronted with words/remarks/conversations now long gone..... then a clever retort springs to mind a short while afterwards. & sometimes only minutes later, but it's too late. those times often you don't forget.
cheerio carola

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

It was good of you to come by ...thanks.
Carola

4 Years Ago

i just went to your link recommendation, i'm glad i did, it is a very emotive story.
cheerio .. read more
Hi, Chris. I think this posting is such a great example of what communities like this are meant to be. Places of support and discovery. Letting ego take a back seat and seeing what we can learn from others on our journey. I will follow the link, but first wanted to say thank you for sharing something that inspired you so we all have an opportunity to share in this discovery too.

As for your poem, I do recognize the beauty of realization and perhaps the sting of wishing we had acted on discovery/realization in the moment. It’s quite a meditative idea. Food for reflection.

I very much enjoyed my visit this evening.

Posted 4 Years Ago



I just visited young Chase's a chapter 'The Blonde Girl' and wanna say thanks for pointing him out to me/us.. I also wanna say how I do admire how certain let's say more seasoned scribes are prepared to help and or nurture and promote the work of others unconditionally... Cheers from Me sir

ps
'Real' was not half bad either N ;)

Posted 4 Years Ago


Amazing...spot on...🌹🌹🌹❤️

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris, I’ll check out Chase’s writing later today. Thanks for the link.

As for your words, I know the aftertaste of sarcasm and snap comments I should’ve never made, and often the accompanying behavior. Our words and behavior are carried in the wind, and like bullets we don’t realize the destruction we’ve caused. Good write!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Thanks for pausing Ray...
Memories and things you wished you'd said. I often wonder if what makes us writers is this slowness on the comeback?

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Lord knows huh... thanks for pausing and visiting.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 16, 2019
Last Updated on December 16, 2019
Tags: CHris, Writing, Poetry

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..