"I Was Asked..." The Cafe Series - Life As We Live It.

"I Was Asked..." The Cafe Series - Life As We Live It.

A Poem by Chris
"

Can You See?

"

“I Was Asked…” The Café Series - Life As We Live It.

 

I closed my eyes - barely a blink; but, …I felt the vibrations crisscrossing my body, tracks being ridden/joins/junctions crossed.  Heard the clattering.  He was there and we spoke. 

 

So many things needed said, and for some there were no words …but we… spoke.

 

And I understood …some - though not all as reality bent to that “now”.  But I DID listen.  I did and thought before answering too. 

 

And when I opened my eyes - I looked …LOOKED… around all that was/is me.

 

“Now’s the time” -

Pen to page…

 

“I Was Asked…”

 

Words flow

They RUN so fast

…so fast…

Can I catch them?

Catch up - touch them?

Release them …can I

…can I…

 

The clatter of a cup being …filled.  “…with me?”  Wha…?  Oh, yes - coffee.  Fresh poured, confessional-filled, my bowing to Caesar’s necessity and life’s current intrusion…  The tag said, “Susan”.   “Thank you, Susan.” 

 

A “You’re welcome” over her shoulder as she continued to her next table.

 

My heart’s slowing a bit now.  The page awaits - but, so does the coffee.

Coffee wins - uh, well - the page should‘ve after all.

 

 

I was asked

 

{- questions matter for they lead the answers - they give us direction and purpose.}

 

And now it’s I that …ask…

 

Can you see? 

 

{- No, I mean REALLY - not rhetorically, can-you-see?}

 

Do you want to? 

 

{- and -}

 

Just what DO you perceive? 

 

 

{I see:

 

…the living fractals that are …we.  Beauty, majesty, arcing lightnings and auras, heart-glow and the sillysoft recognitions as they flow.

 

…Eyes so lost in their “moments” and then that transformation as that SOMETHING behind them seems to breathe, begins to understand, asserts its “presence” …and becomes - yeah, becomes IS the right word.  “Becomes” the person …their “now” there, right then.  But so very few realize they were actually noticed (or even could be) - seen, and their “becoming” marked, witnessed for and as what it was.

 

…the extant shapes all and ever within, defining, and surrounding …everything… at a glance.  Each tie, junction, relation - a reality …as starkly defined as if to the fingertips of Masters brushing, spreading life-biased and based blotchy ridges while awaiting their drying and presenting a vision of that now perception paused in a new existence.

 

…puppy love, disappointment, reaching, wishes made, hope fade.

 

…acceptance, loss, the movement of …light …and life.

 

…thunders and tears.}

 

Do you see the power of dreams

and time …pass?

 

Yeah, I have too.

 

Chris

© 2020 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel Free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

that's a wild ride Chris! its a practiced art to see, recognize, let go .... see, recognize, let go ... in the no know now :))))))))))
i especially like the "I was asked" and the "listening" ... i usually have 2 cups of coffee but ... i think a third is called for ... giving me time to pause ;) your a ramblin' philosophical poet man!
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Chris

4 Years Ago

I talk "with" rather than "at" E ...and "listen-to" as well.
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

all the important things :) to be strived for every day ... your poetry reminds me sir! love on ya b.. read more
Chris

4 Years Ago

Thanks E for puasing with me for a bit. Good seeing you.



Reviews

"all that was/is me"
This poem happens, or it is better to say "becomes", outside the body! where nothing is separated, a unified image painted with the one color that IS all the colors.
I realize now that it is pointless to write this review... You already said it all so freely, so beautifully and honestly!
You are a magician ,my friend! :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


Chris

3 Years Ago

It's what we as poets do...
So much happens or doesn't in a blink of an eye

Posted 3 Years Ago


Chris

3 Years Ago

Time IS a perception... its passage yet another.
Love the free style ramble like a conversation with yourself agreeing disagreeing and finally silence amid the chaos of thoughts with caffeine hits
Great work enjoyed

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Julie, is good to see you here... be safe.
Julie McCarthy (juliespenhere)

4 Years Ago

I never left lol
You too take care 😊
It does my heart and spirit good to feel you Chris... x

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

I am soooooooooo glad to see you here Shar! I really hope all is as well as can be hoped for on you.. read more
sharonlee

4 Years Ago

Sigh... seems very little is in our conrol any more... or was it ever?
I am so happy to see y.. read more
Hardest of all is to accept self, see the facade, forgive the inside. Doesn't make one better butt, God willingly, helps see the comparison between self and other people.. whatever and whoever they are. And thus, love them more, perhaps? Looking, not merely seeing but looking, finding the good.. what makes for happy, contented. Perhaps. If wrong in thinking that of your contemplation, forgive, please.

Hope things are going smoothly for you, that help is always at hand. Blessings and more, dear Chris.
Please take care off yourself, keep safe, my friend.

Posted 4 Years Ago


" spreading life-biased and based blotchy ridges while awaiting their drying and presenting a vision of that now perception paused in a new existence." BRILLIANT!!!



Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Thank you for pausing and for sharing your thoughts.
The crux of this "cafe series" as I see it (so far) is that you are very good at observing yourself, as a reflection of what you're experiencing. To me, this is the crux of being a solid writer. Some people have said I'm good at interpreting poems, but I often do not interpret the poem, but merely observe my own response to it & try to share that. What makes your self-observation strong is that you don't try to be this or that, you don't let your editing mind step in to decide if things are being stated in a particular way. Sometimes the best writing is just leaving it alone (which I never do) & letting us see how this experience looked & felt to you (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


the power of dreams the power of poetry and the hold it has over us...
yes, there are life's interruptions to the flow as our words are poured into the cup that is our page,
but the steady stream for some of us, maybe that is the difference between some who write poetry, and those who are poets...it flows through our veins, like the coffee poured by Susan into your cup.
anyway i flip this poem around, i see me in it.
I remember those days when i smoked...would take a sip of something, a drag of the cigarette and start writing like mad.
when i was done...i would take another sip, but then snuff out the cigarette since it had sat in the ashtray burning down to the filter.
maybe my muse is burning down to the filter.
quite the conversation this poem can light up.

j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

Yes I totally agree with everything j has mentioned..you are indeed a post other than a writer of po.. read more
Katrina Mckeown

4 Years Ago

Auto correct you are indeed a poet !
Is the conflict ever laid to rest between the battle of what we want, what we wished was/were, what we hoped for our life and the reality of all of the above. Perhaps, when we dream, or when we close our eyes, or when we just pause to listen and breathe. Life is full of these moments, hopefully, more are aligned favorably with the unspoken portions of our hearts. The portions we rarely dare to acknowledge.
Brilliant introspects Chris, with just the right amount of angst, denial, and hope...


Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Life ...as we live it.
Stephany

4 Years Ago

Exactly .....

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2020
Last Updated on January 5, 2020
Tags: CHris, Writing, Poetry

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..