"My Thoughts Of An Answer..."

"My Thoughts Of An Answer..."

A Poem by Chris
"

My thoughts toward prayers ...now.

"

“My Thoughts Of An Answer…”

 

Seems we are fragile …but we already knew that.  Afraid of the unknown …but we knew that too.  We try to share our paths to feel less alone, be less …alone.  Sometimes we succeed, sometimes despite our best tries we don't …succeed… least not for very long (if even at all) and the nights and days merge into our existence.  What DO we pray for?  Continuance?  of our nows? or endings - perhaps less pain full than what we perceive?  Even both… I KNOW I have - have you?

 

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures…" sweet words of power and comfort for a future MORE than what we have.  Every sunrise I watch the coffee mysts rise and expand into transparency, taste dreams with each breath - sometimes, but now less often, even my own.  In the eves, I see the stars I reached for and know others reach now …and I wish them well and for the sweetness of their success.

 

I've touched the Face of my God, felt the warmth of His tears in my life.  Still afraid - yeah but that fear gives meaning to my own prayers even as they are for the ones I still care for …am afraid for…

 

I’ve found nearness doesn’t control Love, nor time or distance lessen it.  Thoughts and dreams empower it and prayers …let you KNOW it’s still there - inside.

 

Chris

© 2020 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

your words reference to a sweet essence... I can feel the Aura surrounding the gap in between words. I must thank you for sharing this reference...
There is a mystic Persian proverb that says: "I was born into the world, I traveled around, I saw, I Loved, then left..." Simple as that!

Posted 3 Years Ago


"Life as we live it, is seldom how we want it" as I read the comments below, that struck me.
The power of prayer is real but I've learned that in the end it's God's Will and that HIS Will just doesn't quite match our own. I have also learned that there is purpose to that if we have the patience to wait. Answers do come, eventually! In other words, having the Faith to believe in prayers. Sometimes what we Want is absolutely NOT what we Need! Been there, done that, a few times over! This is how WISDOM is received? I think so. Wise with Age ... or, I'm just a babblin' bumble


Posted 3 Years Ago


Chris

3 Years Ago

...but you do it so well and with thought...
Wicahpi

3 Years Ago

thanks! lol
Chris

3 Years Ago

I always speak my mind
so wonderful and truthful, well said

Posted 3 Years Ago


Amen.. I very much appreciate your truth...Your truth, and your questioning, although our answers won't sway your beliefs.... I completely agree that the MORE is where I pray to be. I believe in the MORE. I just so appreciate your words.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Chris

3 Years Ago

"Amen..." works. Life as we live it, is seldom as we want it...
Life is fragile, prayer is ongoing, Love is ever present.
I’ve been collecting dandelions. I collected a jar of puffs to wish on, now collecting the flowers to make jelly. Versatile little plant it is. Stay safe Chris, your thoughts are always a welcomed read. 😊

Posted 3 Years Ago


This is amazing. I really liked reading this.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I always say faith is a fragile but beautiful thing to breathe. Each one of us breathing that hope at some point and coming to a personal conclusion of what prayer and faith indeed is. Cosmically, we are always searching and holding that faith like sand in-between our fingers but still, we hold onto it and the whys and hows become a part of us over time. Good to absorb your words today Chris, stay well :)

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

...and you as well.
This is wonderful Chris.
I felt all the words while i was reading it.
This is something that touches all of us.
We needed some encouragement in these hard day if they can be called so .

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

I appreciate your pausing with me... come anytime
"I’ve found nearness doesn’t control Love, nor time or distance lessen it. Thoughts and dreams empower it and prayers …let you KNOW it’s still there - inside." nodding ….

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Good morning...the coffee is good.
Corset

3 Years Ago

yes it is ...

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2020
Last Updated on April 11, 2020
Tags: Writing, Poetry, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..