"My Thoughts Of An Answer..."

"My Thoughts Of An Answer..."

A Poem by Chris
"

My thoughts toward prayers ...now.

"

“My Thoughts Of An Answer…”

 

Seems we are fragile …but we already knew that.  Afraid of the unknown …but we knew that too.  We try to share our paths to feel less alone, be less …alone.  Sometimes we succeed, sometimes despite our best tries we don't …succeed… least not for very long (if even at all) and the nights and days merge into our existence.  What DO we pray for?  Continuance?  of our nows? or endings - perhaps less pain full than what we perceive?  Even both… I KNOW I have - have you?

 

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures…" sweet words of power and comfort for a future MORE than what we have.  Every sunrise I watch the coffee mysts rise and expand into transparency, taste dreams with each breath - sometimes, but now less often, even my own.  In the eves, I see the stars I reached for and know others reach now …and I wish them well and for the sweetness of their success.

 

I've touched the Face of my God, felt the warmth of His tears in my life.  Still afraid - yeah but that fear gives meaning to my own prayers even as they are for the ones I still care for …am afraid for…

 

I’ve found nearness doesn’t control Love, nor time or distance lessen it.  Thoughts and dreams empower it and prayers …let you KNOW it’s still there - inside.

 

Chris

© 2020 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"In the eyes, I see the stars I reached for and know others reach now..." I'm not sure why, bit this really stood out to me! I enjoyed reading this one a lot!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

Glad you came by...
"I’ve found nearness doesn’t control Love, nor time or distance lessen it. Thoughts and dreams empower it and prayers …let you KNOW it’s still there - inside."

So very true. I have learned that some of the greatest love can live across the globe and in a different time zone. Proximity is helpful. Being able to touch is definitely a gift, but the real prize is the love that exists between the two.

My prayer is that your prayers will always be given to you, if they be what is truly what is best for you.

Posted 4 Years Ago


When love is far away, it doesn't seem to exist .. ..
I say love in prayers, and hug inside dreams.
It's all I have left to me..

I think we are all afraid Chris, who knows if we have a tomorrow.

It is very green here, and there is a warm and familiar breeze.
This yard, this house .. this street, comfort me, remind me
of LOVE that once was mine.

Take Care my Friend, you are thought of often....♥ ...

Jazz

Posted 4 Years Ago


Chris

4 Years Ago

"Blessed Be Jazz..."
J. J.  Nightingale

4 Years Ago

.........♥...........

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2020
Last Updated on April 11, 2020
Tags: Writing, Poetry, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dreaming big Dreaming big

A Poem by willweb