"What Isn't..."  Poem

"What Isn't..." Poem

A Poem by Chris

Everyone is human - we all make mistakes... yessssssssssss.

...And it has really become so politically incorrect and
improperly inhumane for anyone to point out another's error.  How downright CRASS it is to have someone - ANY someone - to tell YOU/ME that it (something) - ANY something - could have been done differently or better or with a squeeky-clean correctness or perhaps an attention to detail(?)...

Just to THINK about such-a-thing raises my blood-pressure... I made a mistake... I MADE a mistake... I - the perfect ME - made a ... mistake????   Why it would hurt my psyche so bad that I would CRY - hours, days, YEARS to be told I mispelled a word (even my name) - Oh-the-sheer-horror-of-it-all!!!  I am or would or could be so embarassed by having it noticed that I am sooooooo imperfect a creature. 

To think - if someone calls me on it then THEY become the bad guy - the uncaring clod - the gnome of ill-repute - the bearer of BAD will.  Hmmmmm... and I have NOT said a single word about me (or YOU) going back and (god forbid) actually changing(???) anything - anything that I (or WE) in my/our infinite wisdom had pre-determined was going to be said/used or even appear just the way that 'whomever' was the I - mememememe-ME - wanted it to. 

God it's good
to always be right(!), AND its soooooooooo empowering!  Type-ohs - even spellcheck failures, grammar, information accuracy, lies, mean-spiritednesses just to name a few are passed-over without a second or seconds thought. 

...and what had any of the previous to do with the following? - that's up to you to figure out, cause I'm perfect ya know.

"What Isn't..."

I always wondered
why is right - good and correct?

Because that makes left - wrong and alone and
  outside of the body of everything.

Right-handed assumes many things,
directional consequence - properness -
even to social positioning at functions,
deference...

Left-handed is a consequence of
ill regard - compliments,
distrust, difference, indifference, defiance.

Which is the right side
of the road - of ANY 'road'
when you don't know where HERE is
or even where THERE could be
or the body politic is different or
not or even maybe...

What is 'left' in a right-handed world?
...and what isn't?

Chris

© 2011 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Chris,
Being open to doubt, questions is so important for growth as a person. Criticism from another may hurt a little but how else do we learn to think about things we may not want to face on our own. People need to face one another in this world and help each other, sometimes not even meaning to. Great poem for examining my own inner self...............
Blessings, kathy

Posted 7 Years Ago


such a clever write and fun read, Chris... i am glad someone is perfect because this would not have been an easy read with inaccurate information, poor attention to details and god forbid, typos... enjoy this!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Chris

8 Years Ago

If you can't have fun why write?
....................

8 Years Ago

Yes, why, indeed...
I've often wondered about our perceptions and how they are clouded by the influence of others, of society, of the world. If we were removed from it all and never had those influences, would we still feel the same and have the same perceptions? I doubt it.

I had to laugh at this. I'm always saying, "I'm not always right. I'm just rarely wrong." LOL!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting read... I'd stick to an opinion... which is neither right or left... or wrong or right... just a statement of overwhelming sentences that make an opinion... by the way you're right... just right of center is the place called creativity... I happen to use that side more... I believe... but I could be wrong, since I'm ambidextrous... but does that qualify me to be versatile... now we are getting at something...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chris

10 Years Ago

It was a fun write... about curious thoughts.
Incalculable...and this made me smile xx

Posted 10 Years Ago


sometimes it doesn't matter enough to be mentioned.. are right and left really so far apart.. and let us not forget that they are joined at the heart..

Posted 11 Years Ago


What if I was wrong and no one cared to mention? What if it was true that all we thought was right, was wrong. It's simple math. The truth cannot be fractioned.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Profound piece that almost stumbles into the realm of meta-ethics.

The fifth stanza is good but I felt it could have been removed because it felt like the imagery changed. Within all the other stanzas you speak of 'right-handed' or 'left-handed' things but in the fifth, you start talking about roads. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed reading it but that was just my honest opinion.

Ignore all that you disagree with! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


sometimes when I take the time to look.. I find hidden treasures..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well, the first part drew me in, and I don't like rants, but this one kept making me read it --like a compulsion --like the north pole of a magnet drawn toward the south pole of a magnet --like the right-handed me drawn into a left-handed world. And this read was a crazy adventure --yet how sane it is! Woah! This is a roll --now let's bring on the coffee. Very well expressed write!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

843 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2011
Last Updated on June 18, 2011
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..