"Rant..."  Poem

"Rant..." Poem

A Poem by Chris


"RANT..."

I'm listening...

still.

But it's hard

- not to listen -

because I DO know

what you say

how you say

and probably the why

YOU

say -

all the things

behind your eyes.

Its hard because

I've said them too.

Chris

© 2011 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Say as you will - feel free

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Each of us discovers - in our own time - what it is that BITES bad enough that you just HAVE to speak out... unfairness, war, greed, ignorance, meanness, censorship, race, rights - are just a bare few. And its always - ALWAYS - newly 'found' to be totally relevant by the speaker that now stands on the box overlooking the crowd of nodding heads...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Rant..."
Chris,
This one is the focal point of our inner voice longing to see and hear the response played out in the people we share with. Communication...to openly and evenly and one on one understand each other. Agreement is not paramount but to think that you have connected and others or another is sharing their own view on said topic.
Thanks for writing Chris and bringing prompting, even If it may not always be explained perfectly by my own limited blunders.
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


Chris

5 Years Ago

How are YOU holding up Kath? Things continue to go full circle
There comes a time we do find someone who has voiced and seen...xx

Posted 10 Years Ago


We speak, we watch for reactions, we find them or we don't .. sometimes we find the person who already know the answers to the not yet asked questions .. that is how I interpret your words.. i could be very wrong. Will return!

Posted 12 Years Ago


what is that old quote? those who refuse to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it . . . or something similar

I quite agree

Posted 12 Years Ago


No one knows what it's like...to be the bad man...to be the sad man...

Seriously, this is a good work, great work in fact.

You say so much by saying so little.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I read your other note and still I read more here........I read that the poet sees unsaid words reflected in the eyes he looks into. He hears and understands each word because he has silently spoken them himself. I love your writing Chris.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Each of us discovers - in our own time - what it is that BITES bad enough that you just HAVE to speak out... unfairness, war, greed, ignorance, meanness, censorship, race, rights - are just a bare few. And its always - ALWAYS - newly 'found' to be totally relevant by the speaker that now stands on the box overlooking the crowd of nodding heads...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

At the beginning a whisper fills my ear and the voice grows into something real. I then feel pain as this voice sympathizes with whomever it is speaking to:

"What you say"
"How you say"
as it knows.

"YOU"
"say -"
"all the things"
"behind your eyes."

It is quite tantalising to watch whomever your speaking to's eyes respond to whatever you say, and the things they whisper to you as that person speaks to you. The eyes reveal so much..arrogance pain almost anything can be seen in the eyes. This painted such a wonderful scene in my mind Chris, and the voice so very real as it whispered in my ears. Wonderful.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmmm...I'm sensing frustration with a twinge of anger and sadness. It's always the hidden meanings behind the eyes. Seeing what it is not spoken. The unspoken.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

581 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011
Tags: Poetry, Writing, CHris

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kisses Kisses

A Poem by Robin