"Hmmmm..."

"Hmmmm..."

A Poem by Chris
"

"A little ditty 'bout Jack 'n Diane... two American Kids - in the heartland..." Great song...

"
What IS poetry?  What do we find within anything we hear, see, do...
What is lost and being lost and HOW is it we are and yet aren't
and and and... on-and-on - so it goes.

"Hmmmm..."

Hmmmm... how we meander
living...
moment-by-moment
pausing - breathing
seeing the wonder within others
as they find themselves
- where moments before
even THEY didn't know
where or even how - they were
.

We're very centric
very ME
until
somehow - we aren't
and THEN the sheer MAGYK happens
and its not about me
- anymore -
not about hurting,
my tears,
my ANYTHING anymore...
its all - ALL
about
the lil guy that just KNOWS

how insignificant
and never being anything at all special
to anyone - that he is...
and when you remember to breathe
you touched your soul
and what it was to be YOU again
.

Hmmm

Chris


© 2011 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Sometimes its all about the readers... and you wonder if they know?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think we can know to some degree, but we'll never fully know. As you said about thoughts recently, they are truly your own. If I am right or not on this, I still believe that is a good piece. It speaks to the soul so it can be externally aware as opposed to being internally aware all of the time.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Turning the tables around on us are you? Mr. Muggles might get upset by this?? lol
The thought and humor was brilliant in the poem. Hmmmmm, I enjoyed it very much! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


and when you remember to breathe
you touched your soul
and what it was to be YOU again.

this is is a poem all by itself, and elevates the rest. effective use of gerunds in the third stanzas - I feel the active cogitating (there's another one) going on. Interesting exploration of the space created between writer, work and reader.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Such a big soft heart!
You amaze me with your thoughts, you make me think. And hey Im blonde. lol
I remembered to breathe the other day, it was wonderful.
I cant speak for all readers but for me, Chris, I know.
You have written another amazing piece as usual. Thought provoking.
(If we all stop and think about the lil guy and not the I guy all the time, wouldnt it great)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful! Absolutely. Brilliant :) It's when we recognize and put to paper those qualities little recognized in a person or situation that brings the magic of them to the fore. Enjoyed this and the thinking it inspires. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


me, I don't know nuthin'. There's brass rings, drowning gulps of air, silent sighs, ravaging napalm of emotion..... and on and on....or as a journalist once used to sign off her segments, and you've aptly reminded, "and so it goes."
Get it all and get it while it's hot, you can't eat everything, but as always, it's first come, first serve and someone always eats MY danish before I get there....
My friend Chris... you have such a huge heart, such keen eyes.... you are, I have NO doubts a beacon where ever you go.
The sad backside is a saying I relearn each and every day: "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink."
The realization of that, every time, used to make me angry, depressed, frustrated, incredulously agog, and everything else in between.
Even though it continually rears it's misshapen head, I don't waste anymore of "me" on it.
hmmm, but like I said, and maybe it keeps me keep on living, me, I don't know nuthin'.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice structure and interesting insight. hmmm Well done..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


~smiling~ nice, how very empathetic of you!


Posted 12 Years Ago


The structure and presentation is done really well. It's very thought provoking, but it doesn't linger on the thoughts, it has a tightness and a breathy-ness to it, a sense of tension. I really like what this poem captures for me... we are an unavoidably selfish creature, trapped into our own wants, concerns, and doings, and it's very hard to escape from that. But, it doesn't matter. This poem is forgiving. This poem shows us that while selfishness is our nature, we are defined, most truly defined, and affected as individuals, by others - mostly, it's just one moment, one story, one picture, one glimmer of understanding, but it's worth a thousand minutes of our mind treading over and over the same me-centric concerns. These are the things that change us, that affect us, that make us grow, that make us different. It doesn't matter if we are selfish, so long as we have the ability to appreciate, and absorb, those moments. Unusual perspective, thoughtful and thought provoking, really nice writing, thank you! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


"ts all - ALL
about
the lil guy that just KNOWS

how insignificant
and never being anything at all special
to anyone - that he is...
and when you remember to breathe
you touched your soul
and what it was to be YOU again."

I think this says it all...

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

634 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 13, 2011
Last Updated on October 13, 2011

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Potato Potato

A Poem by SkinlessFrank


Wings Wings

A Poem by Robin