"What Makes Me Cry..."

"What Makes Me Cry..."

A Poem by Chris
"

just life

"

"What Makes Me Cry..."

It's a Sunday.  I got to think of - little things, moments ...memories, dreams, wishes.  I thought of people - friends, family ~ and some I never knew well enough and now can't.  Places, that are - that once were... places that never will be anyplace again.  Places to be from and all the whys... all the whys.

All the things that meant - anything, through the time I've had.  And yes I felt the bad and the very, very, worse and then the moments you can't ever measure how good they were.  And I cried... hard ... because I needed to - right then...

...And it was loss and yet it also wasn't.  I lived my life as I could.  Made my choices - accepted what I had to.  I tried and sometimes smiled - sometimes not... and some times couldn't smile or do a thing.

I've been afraid - with and without reason.  Prayed to die ...prayed not too.  Seen and walked from things no one should.  I feel the hurt behind most peoples' eyes because I can, because it seems I always could.  A lot of tears ...fall... quietly in silent days and empty nights.

I remember how to breathe each sunrise... forget each sunset ...and miss the damnedest things - little absolute nothings that meant more than anyone - except me - ever guessed.

"What Makes Me Cry..."

Tears falling helplessly,
A father's pride,
A mother's endless look.

Children realizing tomorrow came,
friends falling forever silent,

sitting on seawalls at 3 AM.

Having not to wish,
always saying hello,
reliving every "Goodbye".

Tears are such little things

that somehow leak from deep within us all
and they always fall for every why there ever will be
endlessly ...one drop at a time to me.

Chris

© 2012 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
Whips and chainsaws don't require a deposit... dust pans and a broom in the corner for neat freaks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A good piece of writing, really liked the style, the introduction as a prose poem, then the change to a standard poem with verses.The second verse is great, with the alliteration of friends falling forever and then the gigantic visuality of the sea wall at 3. AM.Great.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Like the description of tears...so small yet so intrinsically profound..so much of who we are, where we have been and shall forever go..some crafted from happiness and some from sadness yet all flow from our being of who we are

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this. I especially liked the last stanza; funny how tears can be so overcoming and yet so small.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful, toughing piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


such a certain depth within your words, profound i must say. Nicely expressed

Posted 11 Years Ago


very profound and so heartfelt Chris...Not that we want to remain in the past and certainly not live in the past...it is most certainly necessary to visit the past for good and for ill...We all have such moving memories and need to stay in touch with them.
The joyous... to remember how to laugh and the sad... to remind us what hurts.
I loved every aspect of this write Chris, especially how you transition from prose to poetry..both by the way...outstanding and able to stand by themselves...
You capture every aspect of life and the sadness it can bring...It is vital to occasionally reflect in order for us to pack up and move on to the next passage. And by seeing and understanding what makes us cry, we might discover what makes us laugh.
How else can we learn....and survive to greet the next day
This touched me very much Chris
thanks for sharing
allen

Posted 11 Years Ago


amazing


Posted 11 Years Ago


Showing your wisdom once again. I like this a lot. This is a beautiful piece of work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so deep and beautiful. I really like it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful prose , the things that bring a tear to our eyes .

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

912 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 22, 2012
Last Updated on April 22, 2012

Author

Chris
Chris

Lansing, MI



About
"Life is a terminal disease." All the doctors have basically told me so. "Life is an adventure... Pain, well you deal. Thanks for being here. 06/21/2020 I'm back and working on. I've been.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..