The President's Assassination

The President's Assassination

A Story by Andy Ruffett
"

He plans to kill him.

"

I’m sitting down. The gun feels like a hot burning stone in my hand even though it hasn’t been fired yet.

The president is standing looking at me with fear in his eyes. He has no idea if I’m going to fire. I’m not even sure. I hate this f*****g b*****d so much. He didn't do anything for America except become its next President. His leadership didn't help anyone nor did he do anything for this country except sit on his lazy a*s and watch his nation burn.

I hate this man. He deserves to die but I’m not sure if I’m the one who should commit his death sentence. I just work here, a standard desk job like the rest of these lousy people in this establishment. They all do the work not even questioning the president’s ideas or beliefs. Somebody should have put a stop to him long ago. I should have hired some well-trained assassin but I was too livid with hate when I walked in here and hadn’t really thought what I was doing. I just grabbed the gun out of my closet with one thing on my mind, to kill the president.

The gun’s still hot in my hand. I’m sweating so much that I can’t even hold the gun straight.

He thinks I’m going to fire and my eyes are focused like two devils staring at his stupid face. I want to fire this gun. I want to, but I can’t.

He’s smiling.

“You really think you can get away with this?” he chuckles.

I don’t say anything and still stare at him, hate burning inside me. “You know I could just call security.”

Then why don’t you, I think to myself. But I know the answer. He isn’t scared, he

doesn’t think I have the guts to kill him. But he’s wrong. Very wrong.

There’s coffee spilt over my desk. I knocked the mug over when I turned around to face the b*****d. There’s a bookshelf behind me. If he has a gun, that’s what I’ll be crashing into, but wouldn’t he be reaching for it now?

It’s just the president and me now; everyone else has run out of the room, probably calling the police.

I smile at him for the first time, knowing that in just a few short seconds his life will be over.

I fire the gun, there’s no sound.

I forgot to fill it.

 

© 2011 Andy Ruffett


Author's Note

Andy Ruffett
I would like to thank TIMagination for the helpful edits.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
I like this version better Andy. It seems more cohesive to me. Nice revision.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Andy Ruffett

11 Years Ago

Glad this version is better.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tim
This was a pretty good story Andy. You have a way of compelling us with action in your stories in such a way that keeps us reading. Some revisions to think about:
He didn’t do anything good for this country, America except for becoming the next president.
(He didn't do anything for America except become its next President.)

He didn’t help out nor did he do anything to the cause except sit on his lazy a*s and watch this country burn.
(His leadership didn't help anyone nor did he do anything for this country's cause except sit on his lazy a*s and watch his nation burn. )

I don't think a president (here) would have a gun on him. Their usually protected by security men, which leads me to my next point. In the story you mention that he just works here. Doing what? We know he works at a desk, but suppose you had one of the security guards who is protecting him to suddenly turn on him with the anger you mentioned? There would be a chance for some dialog between them which would add tension.

"You didn't do s**t for this country pal you know that!"
"Hold on, wait a minute, what are you doing?"

This is only a suggestion but you get my point. Other then that, a fine story with a good twist to its end.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome. Like the plot twist at the end.
The guy must have been pretty mad at himself for that blunder.
When your talking abt the prezz, you say : He didn’t do anything good for this country, America except for becoming the next president.
If he didn't do anything good for the country, then how is it that him becoming the prezz in the frst place is a gud thing? rethink that part a bit.
The character in the story also experiences no change. He is angry at the prezz from beginning to end. Possibly show some sort of hesitation or uncertainty
I give you:
30 rating points for excelent plot, 30 for description, and 2 for the humour.


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Andy Ruffett

11 Years Ago

I never thought this story was humourous. Thanks for the feedback. What do you think of the newly up.. read more
mihir

8 Years Ago

Its very nice indeed. Sorry I have been on a 4 year hiatus but am back now. i think. what was your i.. read more
Andy Ruffett

8 Years Ago

I like surprising the reader and so yes, I guess I did have the intent of a comic undertone. There's.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

405 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2011
Last Updated on March 25, 2011
Tags: assassination, president, gun.
Previous Versions

Author

Andy Ruffett
Andy Ruffett

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
My name is Andy Ruffett and I love writing. It's been my passion and it always will be. My writing expands through me through many different ways such as through story telling. Sometimes my stories ar.. more..

Writing