Chapter 2 - Balance

Chapter 2 - Balance

A Chapter by AnderHearn
"

Dallas PD is at a complete loss. Simon's first hunt was a complete success. Proud of his achievement he goes out to celebrate while Detective Audy tries to focus on something else besides work.

"
Detective Audy leans back against the rail, takes a deep drink of her Screwdriver and looks over the packed bar, “Anyone of these people could be the killer.” She says under her breath as she walks back to the bar trying to forget about work, again.
�"�"�"�"�" 

“To our one and only son, Simon Regald Kelts, I leave to you our fortune; 3.5 million dollars.” 

Simon was sure there was more said in his parents Last Will and Testament, but keenly remembers forgetting everything after ‘3.5 million dollars.’

He signed the proper documents and was instantly a millionaire. 10 years since becoming rich and it still rings fresh in his mind. 

Life was easy. Why not? His parents passed away far too early, but they took care of him even in death. Hobbies, one night stands, a few relationships, a year of college, a couple of passive income streams, and the idea of the hunt.

Texas A&M - Austin offered 1 year of being bored and seeing things that didn’t make any sense. Seeing all these women with men that were bums and a******s. Tough guys. Not like him; Simon was sophisticated, rich, intelligent, and not willing to be a part of this cluster f**k. He was done. 

College sparks an idea; be the hunt.  

3 story 4 bedroom house, 1995 Honda Civic EX for hunts, 2003 IS300 project car, 2020 SRT Demon, and a 2021 BMW s1000. Just a few toys.

The doves, those are the real toys. Play things to be twisted, contorted, fucked with, and left for dead. Simple creatures.


Simon leans back against the rail and opens his iPhone 13, 10:19PM.
“Confident, rich, smart, funny, how could I not get laid?” Simon says under his breath as he smirks.

Just as he puts his phone back in his pocket he notices a beautiful woman on her way to the bar with a much too empty glass. 

Simon downs his drink and intercepts her on the way to the bar,
"Hey," he says as he clinks her glass with his, "if we are going to toast we need to have full glasses."

Audy looks at him and smiles, "Clever. And what exactly are we toasting?"

"Well, how about I tell you after I buy us a few rounds."

"Goddamn, man! Please tell me that doesn't work most of the time."

"He who hesitates masturbates." Simon says as he signals the bartender. 

"Oh, is that right?"

"Yep. As soon as I saw you I came over. No hesitation."

 "OK, Screwdriver if you're buying."


"Oh!" snickers Simon as he shakes his head, "You can't be serious! I heard that the Cowboys' corners are so bad that they had to create a whole new category for yards allowed! That cannot be Super Bowl ready!"

Audy laughs, "Hear me now, believe me later, Super Bowl baby!" shouts Audy as she finishes her 4th screwdriver.

"Well, Mrs. Mystery Career, I have been thinking of what I need to say to get back to your place. Any suggestions?"

"Check please."

Simon smiles and signals the bartender, "Check please."




 


© 2022 AnderHearn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on August 26, 2022
Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Tags: Thriller, Murder, Killer, Dallas, Police, Hunting, Life, Death, Weekly, Chapters