Chapter 3 - Select

Chapter 3 - Select

A Chapter by AnderHearn
"

While making an appointment to mod his project car, Simon selects his next victims. Frustration sets in Detectives Audy, Kahn-Lee, Moore, and Cruz aren't any closer to stopping the killer.

"
Simon sits in the lobby of K & H Tuners looking at a picture of Audy from the night before, “Damn.” Simon says as he thinks about her naked body.
�"�"�"�"-

“Five days and absolutely nothing. We are well past the first 48.” says DT. Cruz says as he sips his coffee and looks over the buzzing police station.

“Well, s**t. There hasn’t been a shred of evidence. It’s almost as if the perp wasn’t even there,” says DT. Moore as she flips through her notebook.

“Hate to say it,” says DT. Cruz as he stands up and stretches his arms, “but this might just be a fucked up waiting game.”

“21,000 unsolved homicides this year alone.” says DT. Audy as she enters the office, sits down at her desk and rubs her eyes.

DT. Cruz smiles, “Oh, I know that look! You either pounded a bunch of Screwdrivers or got pounded on!”

“At least she’s getting laid, DT. Dryspell.” Laughs DT. Moore as she reads through her notebook.

“Hey, Mariposa is 5 months pregnant. What kind of husband would I be if I kept asking for sex?” asks Cruz as he looks at Audy.

“Well for starters, you'd be the kind of detective that doesn’t tell another detective that she ‘got pounded on.’ Real professional, four eyes,"

"Four eyes? Oh that is harsh." laughs Cruz.

 And besides, he who hesitates masturbates.” Audy says with a smirk.”

DT. Cruz and Moore burst out laughing, “Well, did your mystery man hesitate last night?” laughs DT. Moore.

“Not even a little bit.” Audy says with a smile.



"We just want to get our Dodge Ram lifted and a turbo kit added on." says a man as he puts his hand on his wife's a*s."
"Big and fast is how I like it!" says the man's wife as she looks at her phone.

The owner of K & N Tuning nods his head, "Hell yeah, lifted and turbo charged will definitely get you that. Do you already have the parts?"

"Yes, sir. Sure do."

The rest of their conversation was drowned out as Simon focused on the gun holstered on the man's hip. Looked to be a Glock of some kind. His wife was also carrying the same gun but in pink and black.

As the couple leaves the store, Simon stands up to pour himself a cup of water, "Howdy. Nice gun." Simon says as the couple pass by. 

"Oh, thank you. I always carry. Never leave home without it." The man says as he pats the handle.

"100 percent. There is too much s**t going on to be without one." Simon says as he lifts his shirt and flashes his Glock 15."

"That is a nice gun you got there. Glock 15, right?" the wife says as she smiles at him.

"Yes, ma'am. This is my only one at the moment, but I got a long list of guns I wanna get."

"I hear you, brother. I got quite a few but my babies are with the gunsmith now. Pick 'em up next week and after that," the man slaps his wife's a*s, "off to put some down range."

The wife laughs, "You know if we actually had any babies, we wouldn't be lifting s**t except for kids and turbocharging baby monitors." 

Be the hunt.

"S**t," says the wife, "I just got a text from the internet guy. He said he'll be at the house in 30 minutes. We need to go, baby," the wife looks at Simon and winks, "even though we could talk about guns all day."

"I understand 100 percent. It was nice meeting you two. Have a nice day and stay safe." Simon says as he tosses the paper cup in the trash.

"Alright, then, buddy. Oh, by the way," the husband stops at the door, "what kind of car are you modding?
"2003 Lexus IS300. Should be plenty fast after this."

"I am a MOPAR guy all day. Gonna lift and turbo charge my Ram."

"I hear you all day on that. I got a 2020 SRT Demon. Real monster killer."

"Hell yeah! Alright, we best be going. Take care."

Simon looks out the window as the couple climb into their RAM and pull out of the parking lot,
"Hello, sir. Can I help you?" the owner says as he shuffles some papers around.

"Yeah, I'll be back before you guys close." says Simon as he walks to his car seeing their truck stopped at a light. Simon smirks as he gets into the IS300 and follows them.

As Simon follows the couple his mind flashes back to him choking the life out of Hanna. A feeling better than sex, better than seeing Audy naked, better than being high. Completion of the hunt. Success. 

Within a few minutes the Dodge pulls into the driveway of the couple's East Dallas home.
"2403 Cambridge Drive." Simon says as drives back home,

Three days later a black Honda pulls onto Cambridge Drive.

A fucked up waiting game.


© 2022 AnderHearn


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on August 26, 2022
Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Tags: Dallas, Killer, Murder, Thriller, Police, Hunting, Life, Death, Weekly, Chapters