When John Plays laura and Laura Plays John

When John Plays laura and Laura Plays John

A Screenplay by Andre Anthony Moore
"

When couples seriously disagree, it helps if they jump into each others skins.

"
Prologue
Laura and John agree it's important to spend more family time together, so they plan a Sunday picnic with their little girl Susan. Just before they're about to leave, Laura impulsively tells John she has to run to her law office to put the finishing touches on a deposition, even though it could wait till Monday. John reluctantly gives in and takes Susan to the park himself. When Laura gets home, she finds Susan crying and John scowling on the couch. What would happen if John and Laura switched roles before plunging into their impending argument?

John as Laura
Sweetheart, I know this is sudden but I’m so worried about that deposition. I just have to get back to the office to put more time on it. I absolutely promise it won’t take more than an hour.

Laura as John
But I was so looking forward to… Oh, well (sighs)… as long as you can still join us in the park.

John as Laura
I know you were looking forward to grilling some chicken in the park, then going home to watch the ballgame while Susan takes her nap.

Laura as John
Not a problem, my love. I’ll have loads more fun being a martyr with you than I’ll ever have chomping on chicken legs or watching the Yankees walk all over the Mets. Nothing could be more thrilling than being walked on by you.

John as Laura
(Grinning like a Cheshire cat) Sweetheart, this time would you like me to wear spiked heels.

Laura as John
(With a lecherous smile) Darling, you know perfectly well I’d prefer you do me in your bare feet.

Andre Moore, Director
Marriage Couples Counseling and Life Coaching in New York City









© 2013 Andre Anthony Moore


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on May 16, 2013
Last Updated on May 18, 2013
Tags: marriage counseling, relationship counseling, love, vulnerability, relationship challenges

Author

Andre Anthony Moore
Andre Anthony Moore

New York



About
Andre Anthony Moore is a marriage and couples counselor and life coach in private practice in New York City. more..

Writing