The Merry Squire and The Mole

The Merry Squire and The Mole

A Story by Stan Lee
"

Dedicated to Louie B, who always seems to enjoy ye olde English tales of humor!

"
There once was a squire who, mounted on his thoroughbred, perchanced upon a mole on the wayside by whence he wast travelling.

"Hiy!" exclaimed this squire as he didst bring his steed to a standstill. "Who art thou? And whenst comest thou?"

The mole answering didst reply, "Noble squire, I ask that thou mightest remove thy mighty feet from before my face for these doth smell as the muck of dirty animals such as even I despise."

"What didst thou speak?" roared the squire, teetering against the reign of his faithful equestrian companion. "Hearest thou my demand, insignificant creature of the ground! Speak up! for I canst not hear thee!"

"Oh hush thy voice," saith the mole to the squire. "Thy voice doth sound to my ears as the babbling brooks, and thy whole body, yay, it reeks of the product whence comes from moulded potatoes."


Thus there wast a muddled silence for lo, this brave mole continued to stand its ground whilst his adversary didst pause, steadying his feet.

Thence asked that squire again, "Why doth thou remain silent mole?" At whence he didst bring his hand sharply to his forehead.

"What a foolish fellow I am!" cried he. "Everyone knows that moles can't speak!" And chuckling to himself, he went on his merry way.

© 2017 Stan Lee


Author's Note

Stan Lee
Appreciate any feedback!

MANY THANKS TO http://www.writerscafe.org/JTEVERGREEN FOR HIS HUGE HELP!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lo and behold! here cometh fair lady Andrea. hail to thee M'lady. this is a wholesome little story, says I.
haha nice one Andrea. your little gems always come as pleasant surprises.
fair thee well, now :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

I thank thee for thy gracious review Woody. It doth fill mine heart with joy that thou hast read and.. read more
Woody

8 Years Ago

lol.............

5
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2384 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 20, 2016
Last Updated on May 6, 2017

Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..