oh dear! no deer!

oh dear! no deer!

A Story by Stan Lee

They were hungry, so hungry. Ever since the foresters had arrived, hunting game was no game. Rabbits were scarce, deer scarcer, and meals scarcest of all. They’d been rationing their food, but knew that it wouldn’t last forever. A nibble a day couldn’t satisfy anybody’s hunger, let alone the hunger of a growing girl and boy. It had been a year since the foresters arrived, and a year is how long it took until they snapped. They gorged themselves silly and ate every last crumb in the house. Hansel and Gretel destroyed the house that day, and what’s more they didn’t even like gingerbread.

© 2019 Stan Lee


Author's Note

Stan Lee
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i miss you so much. you are a gift to us all :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


Stan Lee

4 Years Ago

Thanks mondainegarcon. Please can you correct the punctuation?
Love it! I enjoy all the little nuances with the wording, and the ending, like many of your pieces, has a great twist. Always great to see you around here.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Stan Lee

4 Years Ago

Thanks for your read and review Clifford. Always great to see you too :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2019
Last Updated on March 25, 2019

Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee