A Dutch girl named C

A Dutch girl named C

A Story by AndyJCash
"

Based on a dream I had last night.

"

Before I knew it the world had been crafted around me; there was a chilly bite to the wind which complimented the thick snow that crunched beneath my feet. I appeared to be following a small crowd wearing identical colours moving towards a large rectangular area where the snow had been shovelled away to reveal moist grass. A football match was the only sensible conclusion I could draw.

            As the wave of people carried me forward I noticed a one storey grey concrete building to my left. I was intrigued enough to pull away and come to a stop. There was nothing extraordinary about it; there was one way inside up two steps through an open door and a metal mesh adjacent through which the back door could be seen as well as trash cans and a black car. All in all, it was a monotony of industry.

            I stood alone, the crowds not finding a similar fascination with the building. As I proceeded to continue onto the football field a girl walked in my direction. Her hair was black like a raven’s feather despite no death wish circling her aura. She was naturally beautiful, the snow making the most of her pale complexion and her body was the perfect compromise of chubby and skin on the bones.

            When her green eyes met mine she smiled, but it wasn’t a smile filled with genuine pleasure to make my acquaintance. No, it was more out of politeness and one that pleaded to be left alone. It created a vast distance between us even though we were inches from each other.

            “Hey,” I said with a nod as she walked past me. She jittered, frightened by the fact I had said anything at all.

            “Hi,” she replied tentatively, a confused and wary gaze locked onto me. Her accent was unusual to me. Dutch came to mind spontaneously.

            “Are you all right?” I asked trying to get some dialogue going. She nodded uneasily.

            I told her my name, in a last ditch to build some trust between us, but it only made her feel more uncomfortable. I started to walk away on the basis this “conversation” wasn’t going anywhere. Suddenly, she called out her name to me. I jittered, shocked by the fact she had said anything at all. I only caught that her name started with a C.

            I looked back and she was smiling again, that smile which made her feel distant. However, at a second glance I realised I had misinterpreted what that smile had wanted. She didn’t want to be alone. In fact it was quite the opposite.

            Sadly, her shyness got the better of her and she vanished behind the concrete building. I was in a daze and I was torn. Did I run after her or let this one go? By the time I wished I had chased her it was too late. Instead I sat in the snow with my back against the building and wondered.

            In the quiet I heard a scuffling come from behind the metal mesh. Sneakily, I peeked through it from behind the wall. It was the girl, her black hair messed, being held against the wall by her slender throat by a reasonably built man whose hair was greying. He wore a black farmer’s cap and his untamed facial hair was matted and dirty.

            The girl tried her best to fight the man off, slapping him pathetically in the face, but he overpowered her and managed to rip her shirt before trying to pull away her jeans. She cried for help, begging someone to save her.

I climbed the mesh with haste, hearing it rattle and vibrate vigorously. As I reached the top, the girl was on the floor, her blue jeans around her ankles revealing her slender legs. The man only had eyes for the girl as I leapt down and pushed him to the ground.

I wasn’t normally violent, nor did I have the strength to get physical. All I can remember was wrestling with the man, both of us getting a few punches in here and there before I managed to get on top and pin him down. I punched him the face, watching the blood drip from his nearly toothless mouth. I punched him again and again and again all the while the girl sat emotionless with her jeans still pulled down.

The grey mono-colour reflected blue as the sirens pierced my ears and I was dragged off the man by a stranger in uniform. The rest of the events were a blur; I was questioned briefly, the man was taken away and soon it was only me and the girl. Why they hadn’t taken her into care or something I didn’t think about at the time. She was scared and in honesty I was scared. We were just glad to have a familiar face about, regardless of how long we had known it.

We walked up a slope near the roadside and watched the cars slowly drive by. We talked to each other, neither of us really taking in what the other was saying. Rather we were simply comforted by a familiar voice regardless of how long we had known it.

Our arms were linked as we strolled up a road next to a few pine cabins. I began thinking about a future even though it was too early for that. Instead I thought about my past. I had looked so long for someone that needed protecting, someone who needed a person to lean on. While in the moment I had that, but I knew it wouldn’t last.

The world that had been crafted around me so easily was quickly torn down before I had a chance to say goodbye. I was surrounded by the darkness and it was only then I shivered from the coldness. A single thought crept into my brain. If it was only a dream, is there somewhere in the Netherlands a Dutch girl named C who shared this dream and for once felt like they had someone to rely on.

If so, maybe our paths will cross in the realm of reality. I can only hope so.

© 2011 AndyJCash


Author's Note

AndyJCash
Being based on a dream there are some things that conflict with what would be expected in reality. The ending is a bit weak, but my dream kind of just filtered out too.
The usual comments are appreciated and anything I can do to improve this would be of great help.
Thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved the story. :) The title was perfect.:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I know some girls with a C and I life in Holland. It would be funny if it was one of them. Anyways, a good story. I like it.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

345 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011

Author

AndyJCash
AndyJCash

United Kingdom



About
18 year old who is still experimenting as a writer. I prefer writing fiction, especially fantasy fiction, but do try my hand at poems and short stories of other genres. Away from writing, I play footb.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by AndyJCash





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5