You all must die! (Utoeya Island)

You all must die! (Utoeya Island)

A Poem by AndyJCash
"

Despite it happening recently, I thought I'd write a quick poem about the tragic attacks on Utoeya Island in Norway. It's sort of like a Quatern except each lines has four syllables rather than eight.

"

“You all must die!”

This is our world

Far out Iraq

Near home Norway

 

No one is safe

“You all must die!”

Is what he yelled

To those scared teens

 

Firing bullets

With just one thought

“You all must die!”
Anders Breivik

 

His voice echoes

Through the dead on

Utoeya Island

“You all must die!”

© 2011 AndyJCash


Author's Note

AndyJCash
The quote repeated throughout was the first quote that came up on Sky News. I was only informed about this through a friend who lived in Norway (thank goodness she's okay). Sadly many have died and the death toll is still rising. I wouldn't say this is a fitting tribute, but RIP to all those that have tragically passed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

That one line really becomes creepy and horrifying when you repeat it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Scary and filled with intense emotions.Thank you for sharing your poetry and providing us with a deep sense of emotional urgency and social conscience.

Posted 11 Years Ago


the statement made is so strong and so blunt at the same time. the way you've written this is quite chilling. a fitting remembrance.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"You all must die!" is a very strong statement and because of its repetition it lost that natural strength. I reccomend changing the title and then using the phrase only once, or keeping the title and take it completely out of the poem and insert raw images instead portraying the emotion the phrase evokes in this moment.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The quote in my opinion is the foundation of this piece. I find tht his words not only echo throughout Utoeya Island but the use of it in this piece causes it to echo in our minds. In a way, it forces me to acknowledge the situation and the horrific nature of it all. Good write

Posted 12 Years Ago


great write :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very poingant poem. Good write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. This poem definately sums what happened to Norway. It's very depressing about what happened there. When I found out as it happened, it tore my heart. This was well said and very truthful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how this poem has purpose to it. Unlike most poems, this is completely not abstract and focused a personal or necessarily societal problem. I like the fact that this poem really brings the emotions you feel (especially toward the murderer). Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece with us!

Posted 12 Years Ago


ANDY! How could you! I know that you can write a short poem and shove an ENTIRE story into it....you're holding back.
:) I'm gonna contradict all of the other reviewers by saying this, but more detail. :) I'm not saying that this isn't a good piece, because it definetly is, I just wish there was a little bit more.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

681 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2011
Last Updated on July 23, 2011

Author

AndyJCash
AndyJCash

United Kingdom



About
18 year old who is still experimenting as a writer. I prefer writing fiction, especially fantasy fiction, but do try my hand at poems and short stories of other genres. Away from writing, I play footb.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by AndyJCash



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Puzzled Puzzled

A Poem by AndyJCash