hot sand

hot sand

A Story by Angel Bird

 

My travel book said it would be so worth all the effort of climbing up the highest dune, the landscape seen from above was a unique reward that should take your breath away. But as further I digged my way through the thick sand that moved away under each step, the more I regretted ever giving in to the temptation to see it with my own eyes. It better be truly worth it and utterly beautiful or I'd gonna throw a fit really worth its every breath grrr..... Dreamed of a wonderfully cold bath while the sun relentlessly sang a very different tune. Wiping away the sweat from my forehead I tried to go on, walked and walked and it seemed like I made no headway at all. Arrrggghhh... Like a soap bubble my cheerfulness had disappeared. Looking all around and still no beautiful landscape in sight, only dry and sun reflecting sand. Peeking back behind me in the distance only dry bushes and land. And then, to top it all I had forgotten to bring my bottle of water. It surely was already boiling in the car. "Great idiot - ME" arrrrr...

 

I couldn't believe it when I finally reached the pike and yes ... indeed ... the view WAS ... b e a u t i f u l , and the landscape of his well tanned skin truly took my breath away ... oh yes... an exquisite view - Adonis - the word that popped into my head - Adonis - ... perfection in human form. The wonderfully proportioned muscles, as the smoothness of his limbs and body were incredible. I couldn't take my eyes off him, I just couldn't! "Hi - my name's Adon, Adon Smitt.. with a double t, and he put out his hand to me. "Adon ..as in Adonis?" I hear myself reply to my own astonishment and instantly fully blushing. "Well ..yes ..sorta", I hear his voice, and if I hadn't melted yet into the unending hot sand, I was now - like butter in the oven. Such a warm timbre in his voice, it send shivers down my body. I extended my hand and let it glide into his "Kim Danson" I replied in a shaky voice... looking up right into the most beauty filled eyes I had ever seen, and the world began to fade around me - there was only he and I. "May I offer you a drink of water?" he asked, and a stunning smile appeared on his face. "A drink?" "Yes here in my little cooler", he bend down, grabed two bottled waters and reached one to me which I thankfully accepted. Both sitting down into the hot sand he said "Your first time here?" "Yes, and you?" "Oh I come here as often as I possibly can to enjoy the incredible view, to reload my inner batteries."

 

Now two years later I lay here in bed, the sun playing on the most exquisite landscape beside me, Adon, still fast asleep. I can't stop my fingers from softly running through his dark silky curls and marvel at the sparkling shine of my new wedding band...

 

My guidebook, back then, had been so right! And smiling to myself I think 'Yes it had been well worth the effort...'

 

 

 

© 2014 Angel Bird


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's good, but, at times it seems a tad... awkward sounding. The lines seem stuttered and there's a good description but I still become lost. It seems your trying to get some sort of romance out of it, and I see none. This could definitely use some work.

Is this perhaps a first draft?

Posted 10 Years Ago


I might a little loss every now and then but, overall it was a creative and bright story. So awesome job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The best things in life don't come easy... and the world is full of surprises... too lessons from this delightful story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This story just comes alive with wonder.. and the mystery of love unfolding within the most unexpected places. Made me smile to sense piece by piece coming together in such joy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

721 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 7, 2011
Last Updated on February 10, 2014
Tags: love, effort, sweat, eyes, beauty, anger, happy-end, adonis, sand, sun, ascension, you, hot

Author

Angel Bird
Angel Bird

About
---While my pen tries to save the impossible, the truth is seeping through the ink... © 2010 Angel Bird --- No wall however thick will prevent my imaginati.. more..

Writing
So long! So long!

A Story by Angel Bird


Immensity Immensity

A Poem by Angel Bird