Dangers of the Night

Dangers of the Night

A Story by Angelreads
"

A girl named beth is a normal girl with normal problems. One day a new neighbor moves in next door and when she goes to visit she gets an unexpected welcome.

"

My name is Beth and I live an ordinary life with ordinary problems. I woke up at my routine schedule of 6:30 am for school. I never ate breakfast because I was worried the popular girls might think I’m fat.

 

            My best friend Jane always picks me up to take me to school. Jane and I have been best friends since kindergarten through this senior year of high school. Jane has always been there for me.

 

            When Me and Jane arrived at school I was greeted with a huge hug from my boyfriend Stephen. Stephen is a big troublemaker who is hardly interested in me. He just dates me because my dad is the coach of the football team.

 

            I could barely sit through class because my head was full of thoughts about my new neighbors. They were just moving in after the people that lived their before were murdered. No one knows how they died, except that the body was torn to shreds.

 

            When I got out of school I told Jane that I would walk home because I wanted to meet the new neighbors. I couldn’t wait to get to know them. I was always the one to be the first to know things.

 

             When I got to their house it was completely dark. The house had been waiting to sell for so long that trees started growing on the house.

 

             I walked up to the door to knock and see if anyone was home, but when I got to the door a tall man opened it. He looked to be only about 18. I was struck by his handsome appearance. He has perfect black hair, beautiful blue eyes, and his body was built to perfect. I couldn’t take my eyes off him, but before I even thought about saying something he pulled me inside with a force. He asked me what I was doing there. I told him I was being friendly and just came by to say “hi”. He was very quick to speak and told me to leave immediately and never return. I couldn’t understand why he was so quick to get me out, but in the next second I found out. A huge man came and stood in-between the handsome stranger and me I rudely didn’t get the name of. The large man yelled at the top of his lungs for me to get out. Without any hesitation I dashed out of there.

 

            When I arrived home I realized that in my hurry to get out of the house I dropped my phone. I never wanted to go back, but I was more afraid of what my parents would do if they found out that I lost my phone, so I went back.

 

            When I got to the house I didn’t knock because I didn’t want them to know I was there, but when I opened the door there he was the handsome stranger. I just slowly picked up my phone and backed away, but I couldn’t just leave without knowing his name. He told me it was Zack and that I had to leave. Without taking any question to his request I turned around to leave, but turned around into the huge man. He yelled at me for coming back. He said, “Now that you have returned you must pay for your mistake!” Zack yelled from behind me “ No father”, but by that time I was on the floor screaming in pain. When I came back to sanity I had no clue of the past events. I was passed out on a couch inside a house. I turned around noticing that this wasn’t my house. Then it all started to come back to me. I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder and realized I had giant teeth marks on my shoulder. Zack came out of the corner and said to me,” that will heal in a few hours.” I filled him with loads of questions. “ I’m so sorry that you have to go through this my father, Ben, can be quite a hot head” Zack said. I asked him what was happening to me and he replied,” You’re turning into a werewolf.” I puked on the floor in reply to his comment. I was head over heels in shock. “Why me” I asked? Zack just shrugged like this was no big deal. I said I didn’t believe him and stormed out the door. Little did I know my life had just taken a spin for the worse.

 

            When I got home I went straight to my room and locked myself in. I was up all night thinking about what had just happened. Strangely I wasn’t tired at all last night. I got out of my room at 5:00 am and started making breakfast. I made eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, and pancakes. When my parents woke up I was all ready eating and almost finished it all. They were frozen at the kitchen door with their mouths hung open in shock of what they had just seen.

 

            I was only 7:00 am and Jane wasn’t supposed to pick me up for another 30 minutes, so I decided to walk to school. What I didn’t realized was that half way through my walk to school I was running at almost 80 mph and on all fours.

 

            I took the long way to school seeing that I was already so early. When I got to school I was greeted with another huge hug from Stephen. Seeing that I was in a good mood I decided to hug him back, but when I hug him he started screaming. I let go of him quicker than a flash of light. He fell to floor and was rolling on his back in agonizing pain. I picked him up with ease and took him to the nurse.

 

             When I got to the nurse she examined him and said he had a broken back. This was to much for me to handle so I went out into the hall. Everyone was pointing at me and walking very fast whenever they past by me. I noticed that the popular girls were especially pointing and laughing at me. I tried to get closer to hear what they were saying about me, but there was no need. I could hear them from the spot I was standing 50 ft. away. I couldn’t take the embarrassment, so I ran home.

 

            When I got home I locked myself in my room and cried for hours. My crying was interrupted when I heard a knock on my window. I wondered who could it be if my room was on the third level of the house. I turned around and saw Zack sitting on my window seal. I quickly let him in before anyone saw him. “What are you doing here?” I asked. Zack said,” I sensed you were sad.” I didn’t understand anything he was talking about. “You are apart of our pack we can feel what you feel,” Zack said. “Who’s we and what are you talking about” I asked.  Zack replies,” My sister, Sarah, my father, and I are all werewolf’s. Since my father bit you that makes you part of his pack. He is the Alfa of our pack.” “ I told you I’m not a werewolf,” I demanded. “ Yes you are, you were bitten. Have you become faster, stronger, and can hear things from incredible distance,” Zack forcefully said. I couldn’t explain all the things that I did today. This all did start happening right when I got bit, but werewolves don’t exist, do they? “ Fine, I said, if im a werewolf then where are the claws and all the hair?” Zack answered, “ You don’t fully transform until your first full moon, tonight. That’s why I came over here to get you ready for the full moon. We have to chain you up and lock you in our cell” “ What about you guys why aren’t you going to be chained up,” I asked? Zack said,” We have learned to control ourselves on the full moon and only change when we want to.” I asked,” What if I don’t go with you.”“ Then you will turn tonight and kill people.” Zack said. I agreed to go with Zack.        

       

                When I got to Zack’s house I had a different feeling. I felt like this place was home, like I had lived here forever. Before Zack took me downstairs to be chained up for the night, he took me to meet his sister, Sarah. When I introduced myself she simply smirked and walked away. “What was that about,” I asked. “She doesn’t like the fact that there’s a new member of the family,” Zack said. “Just a moment let me say something to my sister,” Zack said. “What,” Sarah questioned? “You know what. If you say anything to Beth I will kill you,” Zack replied. Sarah said,” What tell her that she happens to look exactly like our dead mother. Hmm I bet that’s the reason dad bit her.” “If you tell her...” Zack yelled. “You’ll what? You wouldn’t dare hurt me, but don’t worry I won’t tell your little replica,” Sarah interrupted. “Just stay away from her,” Zack said.

 

When Zack returned he took me to the basement to show me where I would be chained the rest of the night. Ben was waiting for us next to a pile of metal chains. “Here’s where you will be tonight Beth,” Ben said. The sun was just starting to set, so I walked over to the chains to get ready. As the moon rose I could feel pain all over my body. Zack stayed with me to make sure I was safe. When the moonlight shined through the window ahead of me it began. All the bones in my body started to ache. Then suddenly I heard a large snap and then I was screaming in pain. One after another each and every bone of my body was breaking. My nails started getting longer and longer. Hair started to cover my entire body. This was it I was turning into a werewolf. Then I blacked out.

 

When I awoke I was still chained up, but I was naked. Zack came over and handed me a robe and some of Sarah’s clothes. “Did I turn,” I asked Zack? “Yep congratulations you are now officially a werewolf and part of this pack,” Zack replied. “So what now,” I asked. Zack said,” You stay here you train and become one of us.”

 

Weeks passed and the pack taught me everything. They taught me how to hunt, how to defend myself, and how to control my transformation. I hadn’t seen Jane or my parents since my first full moon. Ben pretended to be a person from a college in Florida and told them that I had been accepted early into college. I missed them, but it was for the best. They didn’t need to know what I had become.

 

“Why did you come here,” I asked one day after hunting with the pack.” “Go ahead tell her, Sarah said, you all new this day was going to come eventually.” Ben said,” Beth it’s about time we told you the truth about us. Please sit down. It was a few years ago when the humans learned about our existence. Me, My wife, and kids were out hunting when we heard it, a gunshot.  We all transformed and were looking for where the bullet came from, but we didn’t notice my wife,Lin, and the baby inside her had been shot. My kids ran through the woods looking for the shooter while I knelt down by my wife and tried to do everything to save her. She died right there in my arms. I couldn’t bare the pain that I had felt. This was worse than my first transformation. I pulled the bullet out of her chest. It was a silver bullet. I didn’t know who shot the bullet, but whoever it was knew how to kill us. That’s how we knew we were discovered. We ran for years searching for who killed the love of my life and hiding from the humans now that they know about us.  In every city that we went to we barely made ourselves noticeable. We followed a line of people that have been involved with the shooting. Your neighbors that lived here before, they knew. They knew about the death of my wife and when we came to investigate them they tried to kill us, so we killed them. There is something in this house that will lead us right to whoever is responsible for my wife’s death. So that’s why we’re here. We are going to find out who killed my wife.” “Im so sorry to hear about that. I will help you all the way, but I think I already can. There was a man that lived here a few years ago. He would always go on and on about werewolves and how they lived among us. The police declared him insane, so no one believed him. Last year he left after he ran up and down the streets saying that he got one and moved to Nebraska, and his kids moved into here. “Well that’s a start,” Zack said. Sarah said,” So its settled were going to Nebraska.”

 

We arrived in Nebraska the next day. Ben got us a room in a cheap motel. I was assigned to go to the office and find out where he lived since I was the only one who knew his name and what he looked like. When we found his address we didn’t hesitate to go find him.

 

His house was very secluded in the middle of a forest. Ben didn’t bother knocking he just bust down the door. We all scattered around the house looking for any clue. When we found it, a huge wall full of information on werewolves. He had pictures of several werewolves in the area. We noticed that when we saw a picture of Bens wife that it was a list of werewolves he had murdered. “Well look what we have hear a bunch of peeping werewolves.” said a man from behind us. We all turning around in shock. “Who are you,” Sarah asked. “Im the owner of this house, Jack.” “And who do we have here,” Jack said as he pointed to me, you look just like the first werewolf I killed, Lin.” “What is he talking about,” I asked.  Zack said,” You look just like my mother. When my mother died my father ripped the baby out of her stomach and put her at the doorstep of an orphanage.” “Is that why you bit me,” I exclaimed as I looked at Ben. I yelled,” I can’t believe you ruined my life over a guess. I am not adopted I have the paper work to prove it.” I stormed out of there running full speed home, to my real home. Jack said, “Wow, you guys have real family problems.” “Shut it,” Ben said. “Go ahead kill me, but I already have people at your house waiting till you arrive to kill you. You think it’s just me I have started a revolution,” Jack said. Ben says,” With pleasure.”  After Ben kills him they all go outside to think. Zack said, “Come on we have to go back Beth is on her way there right now, they’ll kill her.” They all rushed back as fast as they could.

 

When I got home I noticed some guys waiting outside Ben’s house. I was so mad I just ran into my house. My parents were happy to see me, but I wasn’t in reunion type of mood. What I didn’t know is I had run home in werewolf mode. The men that were at Ben’s house were suddenly at my door. I heard a knock at my door then I heard gun shots. I ran downstairs to see what happened and I found my parents on the floor bleeding out. I was hit on the back of the head by the gunmen. I transformed and started to attack them, but I was no match. They had me cornered to a wall and approaching me with the huge shotgun. Right when I thought I was about to die Zack came in and completely demolished the guys. He ran over to me and kissed me. “You’re not my sister I know that now, but you’re too special just to let go.” Zack said. I felt it; I felt that he was more to me than a friend. He cared about me like no one had before. I loved him and he loved me our lives had just begun together.

 

I stayed with my pack. We were a family, unbreakable, untouchable, and united. Years we moved as one hunting down any one who thought they could destroy us. Our new goal was to find out were Ben’s missing child was. We searched day and night. Until one night we see a werewolf tearing apart a human in an ally. We approach her and we all felt it. It was her, the lost child.

************The End**************

Thanks for reading. Check out my new book “ The Lost Child” coming soon.

© 2012 Angelreads


Author's Note

Angelreads
. This is my first story and i will be writing alot more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

dude this is frggin amazing! i love this! Would you mind taking a look at my stuff? Thanks :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Angelreads

11 Years Ago

if you like this then check out the next books, The lost Child and Immortal Monsters.
Vertigoingnowhere

11 Years Ago

otey :)
omg u finished it!!!!!!!!!!! okay im happy nowe:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


OMG!!!!!! best freaking thing you ever wrote!!!!!I am so glad you threatened me to read this!!!!!!!!!! it's great i died when he kissed her OMG!!!!!!! angle you have romance in your BLOOD! hmmm what else . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .When she thought she was the lost child OMG favorite part!!!!! my jaw was touching the floor. It's briliant! words can't describe how i feel about this piece now let me go read the lost child!!!! OH WAIT YOU DIDN'T FIISH HURRY YOUR BUTT UP I NEEEEEEEEDDDDD TO READ THAT do u hear me now im dying!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


she was UP ALL NIGHT !!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG A WEREWOLF!!! someone enjoys twilight a little to much!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


so she went back???!!!!!! OMG

Posted 11 Years Ago


and then -sorry i forgot this one and that im like your whole newfeed- when he's dating her because of the coach omg NO i wanna slap this fictional character!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


oh and then the attractive handsome appearence of the guy oh yess you know who came to mind:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


okay some quick things before i continue. When you said she was torn 1st reaction- nothings fine im torn,im all out of faith- okay and then when she dropped her phone OMG , that's when i got interested it's brilliant!! oh and i like jumped like why the crap would you "drop" your phone so now i'm going to finish and you better hurry because it's amazing :) that is an order !

Posted 11 Years Ago


i thought this was really good. i cant wait for you to finish it


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

501 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 22, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012

Author

Angelreads
Angelreads

portage, IN



About
I'm weird and I express it in my writing. more..

Writing
9/27/15 9/27/15

A Chapter by Angelreads