Chapter 2- Visions

Chapter 2- Visions

A Chapter by Angelauthor1204
"

Things are getting worse for Angel. She's experiencing the nightmares in a whole new level- she has to be wary of them asleep and awake. Are these visions a new kind of warning? Or has she lost it?

"

 “LUCAS!!!!” He was suffering in the fire. Tears rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably. I glared at the monsters that did this. “YOU! YOU KILLED HIM!! You�"”

He smirked; he was satisfied and I was afraid of him. “Monster? Pot calling the kettle black now. You and your kind are no better than me.” He retorted, revealing his sharp fangs. I was trembling; every bone in my body shook. Wake up! Wake up!!! WAKE UP!

I gasped and my eyes flew open. It was another nightmare… just another nightmare. It felt so real that I had to believe it was all a warning. Lucas was in danger; I was in danger… but why? Who or what were those creatures?! Again, I was drenched in cold sweat and my lips felt dry along with my throat. “Calm down, Angel. It’s just a nightmare… don’t read too much into it.” I whispered to myself.

After a long, hot bath…I went downstairs to have a glass of water. Aunt Emily was busy in the kitchen baking her famous and delicious apple pie. I poured myself a cold glass of water and took a sip and I spat it out because I envisioned blood instead of water.

“Good gracious, child!” Aunt Emily said. She was startled by my reaction and I was shocked as well when I thought I saw blood. “What happened?”

I wiped my mouth and stared at the glass of water. What in the world happened? I asked myself. There was no probable or rational explanation for what I had seen.

“Angel?”

Aunt Emily drew my attention away from the glass and to her. She raised her eyebrow and her hands were on her hips; she demanded an explanation. “Nothing. I thought I saw�"a bug.” I lied.

“Is that all? Well at least you didn’t scream and break my glass…” Aunt Emily continued what she was doing but I couldn’t drink the water after seeing what I saw. I walked to the living room and sat on the sofa. I wouldn’t budge even a little. The phone rang and I decided to answer it, it could have been Hailey and it was!

“Hey Angel, you feeling better?” she asked.

“A little bit. Nevermind that, why’d you call?”

“Well, the gang and I are throwing a party at the National Forest, so I thought you might want to come. We’ll be star-gazing and it’ll be fun.”

I wasn’t sure about that but I wasn’t exactly thrilled to be spending the rest of my night cooped up in a villa with my aunt and her friends playing poker. “Sure, what time?”

“Around 7-ish. Fi (Fiona) and Cammy (Cameron) will pick you up at your aunt’s after they buy marshmallows!!”

I hung up the phone after our mindless chats about the party we were going to have and Aunt Emily was cool with the idea. I needed to get my mind off of the nightmares. They were JUST nightmares and nothing more�"besides, Hailey promised nothing weird was going on.

***

Soon it was night time and Fi and Cammy had picked me up and they parked in front of the forest but they hid their car behind a few bushes and trees like the others had done. We had to walk farther in the forest to get to the party. The night was eerily silent and no doubt was it dark and as we walked further, the hairs on my neck pricked up. It felt as if something was watching us.

I stopped amidst my tracks and looked around with my flashlight. Fi and Cammy looked back at me and wondered what I was doing.

“Angel, what are you doing? Come on.” Fi was eager to go party and so was Cammy, so I just shrugged off the thought and kept on going.

The closer we got to the party; I could hear the sounds of laughter and the smell of charcoal burning. I saw light in the direction of the sound of laughter and the three of us quickly headed there. Hailey, Tommy, Connor and Lucas were already there and they were setting up the telescope and the fire.

It wasn’t much of a party, just a bunch of friends hanging together in the woods and having fun. I was zoned in on Lucas after having that dream where he was thrown into a flaming black fire. Lucas was being his usual self�"he leaned against a tree with a can of coke in his hand scoping the entire party. He didn’t notice me standing there like a deer staring at headlights, looking at him.

“Angel, sit down next to me!” Hailey said, patting on the empty grassy space next to her. I sat next to her and grabbed a marshmallow to put it in my mouth. “Isn’t this nice?”

I didn’t answer. What could I have said? That I was having a great time maybe? No! I was freaking out. I was scared beyond belief and even if I had told her about my nightmares, she wouldn’t even believe me! “I guess so.”

After roasting her marshmallow to a perfect golden shade of brown and swallowing it whole, she stared at me, examining my every move. I shivered. I didn’t like that feeling. “Want a coke?” I grabbed one from her hand and took a sip.

It tasted weird, rusty and sour and I felt dizzy again. Everything went pitch black. I couldn’t breathe, couldn’t say anything�"it felt like I was reliving the nightmare again. When I could finally breathe, I was back but it didn’t feel like I wasn’t inside the nightmare because I was. Everyone was covered in blood. I panicked. Hailey was covered in blood, her throat was slit and I was screaming with tears in my eyes. I tried to stop the bleeding and covered her throat. “HAILEY! NO!!!”

He’s here! I thought to myself. And there he was with his sister. I wanted to run but my body wouldn’t listen to me. “How nice, a party! And I wasn’t invited.” he said.

No! Not another nightmare! This is just a dream. You can wake up! Wake up! I covered my face with my hands. I refused to face this nightmare. He grabbed my hand and twisted it behind my back. He was insane!

“Au- contraire, my Angel. You’re very much awake. You can’t escape from me now�"too bad about your friends.”

This couldn’t be real! None of this is real! I had to wake up. I gasped and all of a sudden, Hailey was beside me. She was alive; everyone was alive too. I sighed of relief and I felt sick to my stomach. I looked at my hand, it was covered in blood.

 I stood up, dropping the can of coke on the ground. Everyone was shocked by my behavior and I was trembling. I didn’t know what to say. “Uh… I need some time alone.” I uttered. I fled from the party site and walked around the trail. The palms of my hands weren’t soaked in blood anymore. I envisioned blood again.

Letting out a shaky breath, I looked around. No one was there, so I sat under a tree taking out my silver pendant from under my shirt. With both hands, I clutched the pendant with all my might. I was scared and I wanted to be rid of these feelings.

There were sounds of rustling coming from the bushes and it was a wolf. Truth be told, after the nightmares�"the wolf wasn’t scary compared to the nightmares. He approached me and I didn’t flinch nor did I flee. I wanted to cry. “Come here.” I whispered to him. As if he could understand me, he did as I said and was in front of me.

He let out a low purr and I touched it. His fur was silky and magnificent; the brown color suited it and its eyes were dark like the night. My fingers danced in his fur and he lay on the ground next to me. I buried my cheek in his fur and closed my eyes. It was safe. Just me and this gorgeous creature. No nightmares. No blood. No… visions.



© 2010 Angelauthor1204


Author's Note

Angelauthor1204
Okay, I tried really hard to make it suspenseful. Review and rate plz! I'm 2% closer to becoming a top writer!! RATE MY BOOK!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked it. A little confusing but i was still able to follow it. the random " are confusing/irritating but thats just my ocd. good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


ITs great! Very ncie (: Great job! Love the suspense!

Posted 13 Years Ago


great suspense looking forward tot he next chapter

Posted 13 Years Ago


The suspense is really good. It has a sort of familiarity to Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series. But i have no objections to that, because its hard to write in that genre and not have the comparison. This is good, it kept me wanting more. I cant wait to read the next chapter! Kudos(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


The suspense was great, you pulled it off just fine. Nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
I rate every single time, lol. I still want to know what Lucas is! He ain't no normal human. (or at least a naive human) He knows crap! Who's attacking Angel? Does Lucas go kissing up on her? (if so, I will scream like an excited middle school girl. So don't tell me) Hailey and her friends must think that Angel's crazy or something. Having all sorts of hallucinations and running off on her own. (that's kind of crazy, lol) I hope she's okay. and please remember not to rush for my sake. Still lovin' it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2010
Last Updated on November 30, 2010


Author

Angelauthor1204
Angelauthor1204

Anywhere you want it to be, !!?



About
I'm 15 years old and I'm in high school. Like everyone in this site-- I also want to be a professional writer! It may or may not happen but I have a dream and I am passionate about writing so I know I.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..