Chapter 2- Him? A boyfriend? WHEN PIGS FLY!

Chapter 2- Him? A boyfriend? WHEN PIGS FLY!

A Chapter by Angelauthor1204

When Holly and Jason arrived at school, everybody stared at them as the two hottest kids in school stepped out of the shiny red Ferrari. All the girls gave Holly a glare and some even went to the extent of crying when she saw them together. For goodness sakes, you just met him yesterday!!i Holly thought as she passed by the crying girls. Jason slung his bag over his shoulder and walked into the hallways with his arms around Holly and she didn’t mind.

“Everyone’s staring.” he whispered into her ear. She almost shivered but she controlled herself. She could feel his breath on her ear and his lips were so near her hair. “Let’s give them a show they’ll never forget, eh?” he said, grinning. He brought his lips to her wavy blonde hair and kissed her head.

Everyone gasped and the guys had looks of envy and anger on their faces. “Show off.” Holly muttered under her breath, smiling slightly.

“HOLLY!!?” a loud voice called. Holly turned around and it was Camille. She looked at them with her mouth agape and snapped out of it. Camille ran towards Holly and stared at them both but she was staring at Jason’s arms around me, especially. “You two are dating?? Does your dad even know?!” she asked, as if it was a big deal.

Holly sighed and shrugged Jason’s arms off her shoulders. “Yeah, it’s no big deal, Cam.” Holly said, linking her arm with Camille’s. She turned to Jason who was just standing there behind them. She turned to Jason. “What class do you have first?”

“Gym, you?”               

“English. I guess I’ll see you later.”

Jason smirked and pulled her next to him, leaving Cam’s hand... Holly-less. “Don’t miss me too much and have fun with the other guys but remember, tone it down k, babe?” he whispered in her ear. She turned to face him and wanted to choke him. How could he not mind her being with other guys?! “What?” he asked.

“Nothing, you too. Have fun with your skank-s k, ‘babe’?!” she said, masking her anger with dripping sarcasm. He just chuckled and pushed her gently towards Camille. “Have fun in gym.”

Jason walked away after a wink and a wave later. Immediately, Holly grabbed a passing student’s books and chucked them towards the lockers, creating a dent and a loud sound but Jason was too far to even hear it. Camille was startled and even flinched when Holly glared at her. “What’s wrong with you? What’d he do to make you so mad??” Camille asked.

Holly shook her head and composed herself. She knew she had to make him know she wasn’t just a girl he could use as a breaking up excuse, a way to make his dad angry and a friend with benefits or even some girl he could play with. No. She was determined to make him hers even though he was a pain in the a*s sometimes. She was going to eliminate herself from being a friend with benefits into girlfriend.

“Camille?” Holly said, finally. A big grin formed on her face when a plan had crept up her into her train of thoughts. “I’m going to skip English for today, ok? Tell Mrs. C that I’m feeling sick.”

“Gotcha.”

When Camille left, Holly walked towards the infirmary, and she rested on one of the beds. Her head formulated the plan to make him realize they were never going to become un-exclusive. Perfect.

***

Meanwhile, Jason was in the gym wearing a white t-shirt with the school logo on the back and red sweat pants�"he could even pull that jock look. he had made a few friends as well as enemies only because he was ‘dating’ Holly. “Hey Jason.”

Jason turned around to find his cousin, Kyle, walking towards him with his friends, Matt and Brandon. Jason knew his friends since they spent two summers together at Kyle’s place. “Long time no see, Jace.” Matt said giving him a gig pat on the back while Brandon gave him an acknowledging nod. “Can’t believe you’re here in New York and dating the princess too?! Dude, you are my HERO!” Matt said.

Everyone laughed. “Yeah, she’s hot. The guys around here have been trying to get her on their hook for years and you managed to do it in a day? I mean, you just beat Connor’s record!” Brandon said, chuckling.

“Who’s Connor?” Jason asked.

Kyle pointed out a blonde haired, blue eyed guy who was just glaring at Jason a moment ago. “That’s Connor. She’s his girl or at least she was until yesterday. Holly and him used to go on and off all the time so yeah, they were dating but it felt more like a fling.” Kyle explained.

After a few warm-up stretches, they saw a girl walking towards their direction and it was Holly. Kyle nudged Jason in the elbow and he looked up to find Holly. What was she doing here? he wondered. She saw him and his friends looking at her but she didn’t stoop to talk, she had a plan in motion so she just smiled and waved towards them and walked towards Connor. Her favorite ‘boyfriend’.

“What the hell--?” Matt asked, his voice low so only Jason and his friends could hear. “What’s she doing with Connor? Think they’re breaking up?” he asked Jason.

Jason shrugged and smiled wickedly. This is gonna be fun. he said to himself. He thought she was going to dump Connor mercilessly but she wasn’t. Everybody was looking so as he said before, ‘let’s give them a show they’ll never forget’.

Holly smiled brightly at Connor who seemed a little upset with her. “Hey, Con.” she said to him. “Are you mad at me?” she asked, giving him a teasing smile.

Connor shrugged and sighed. “Why are you here, Holly? Shouldn’t you be with your boyfriend?” he asked. His voice was dripping with venom when he said ‘boyfriend’. Holly scoffed at the thought. ‘Boyfriend’? Please, he was more of a player than a guy she could share anything with, unlike Con. She liked Con but she didn’t love him. It was different with Jason. Yes, she knew him just yesterday and yes, his hotness did attract her towards him and YES, he was a challenge but it was different. He was unlike anyone she ever met. She knew Con; knew that he loved her, knew that they were perfect with each other but she also knew the chemistry wasn’t right and no matter how many times she tried giving it a go. There was nothing,

“I wanted to talk to you.” Holly said and her eyes were dead serious. “Can we talk? About us and this awkward situation?”

Connor glanced back up at Jason who was staring at them with a smirk on his face and his friends were staring at them too. Connor would never be able to stay mad at her when she looked at him pleadingly and right now, she was about to plead with her eyes again. “Fine.” he said, feeling defeated.

She smiled widely and hugged him. “Great! How about at lunch? We can go to the auditorium and have lunch on the stage like old times...” she stated but it sounded more like a question. He knew that he was the only one who ever received her brightest and best and heck, her only sincere smile in the world and he was confident that Jason had never been on the receiving end of that smile. “Bye Con.” she said, giving him a peck on the cheek.

Phase one complete, she thought. She felt a little guilty that she was using her sweet Connor to make Jason see that she was more but something had to be done. Other than Con, who would play the role of her favorite guy in the world? No one, that was the answer. Holly walked out of the gym, not looking back once at Jason and headed to her next class. Let’s just hope he does what I expect him to do, Holly said to herself.

Back in the gym, Kyle and Matt and Brandon were shocked when Holly smiled so sweetly and purely at Connor and kissed him on the cheek. They thought that Jason would get all angry when she walked over to him and they expected him to drag her out of the gym or punch Connor in the face but he didn’t do anything but chuckle and cleaned up his stuff when the bell rang. “HOLD THE PHONE!!” Kyle said, loudly. “What happened back there? I thought you’d at least punch Connor cause he was acting all sweet with your girlfriend?! Aren’t you pissed?” Kyle asked Jason, looking at him in disbelief.

Jason just chuckled. “I’m supposed to be the angry one, Kyle. Besides, she was probably just being friendly with him. It’s not like you’ve never seen girl and guy childhood friends doing that same ‘kiss-on-cheek’ thing as a friendly way of saying goodbye?” he reasoned. His tone was even and he looked calm. the guys just stared at him like he was an idiot or something.

“Yeah, but dude! This is Connor and if I was dating Holly, I’d be worried about him. He’s big competition because Holly never dumps him. LITERALLY NEVER! No guy in or out of this school could make her dump Connor and I guess, not even you.” Brandon said.

Jason stopped smiling and he had a blank expression on his face. He glanced in Connor’s direction, and saw that he was watching him too. They just nodded at each other. “I don’t see why she should dump the guy, I don’t mind. He looks... okay.” Jason said, walking towards the male locker room.

Kyle, Brandon and Matt looked at each other, then at Connor and then back to Jason who was already half-way into the locker room. “Is he for real?” Matt asked.

“I thought he was her boyfriend?” Brandon asked, turning to Kyle.

“I thought so too. Looks like life’s gonna throw us in a tailspin so buckle up!” Kyle said to them as they went into the locker room.

***

Lunch had finally arrived and Holly saw Camille and Jason walking towards her, Camille was constantly glaring at him as she believed he was a jerk and the enemy. Holly giggled. “Hey Cam, Jason. What’s up?” she asked, looking at Camille then at Jason who looked.... expressionless?? Jason took Holly’s hand and walked with her into the hallway where everybody saw and Camille ran to catch up with Jason’s long strides. He pulled her into the cafeteria where he pulled her down into his lap. “What are you doing?!” Holly asked, blushing as people looked at them.

He chuckled. “I told you not to get carried away with your flirting and your men. I’m cool with you and your whole guy scenario but I don’t want anyone to doubt that we’re a couple. It’s hard to explain to my friends and to the girls I’m dumping!” he whispered.

She sighed and wrapped her arms around her neck. “It’s an un-exclusive relationship. I’m free to talk to whoever I want, Jay-Jay.” she said, using her own little pet nickname for him. He frowned when she called him that.

“Stop calling me that, Holly Bear.” he said, nicknaming her too. “So, shall we get lunch, I’m starved.”

Holly nodded and stood up. Jason snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her close so that their hips bumped into each other. Jason acted like a real boyfriend and Holly was almost fooled by his acting when a cheerleader, giggled and winked at him as she passed the table. Holly glared at the cheerleader and at Jason, secretly. “Hello?!” Holly said, snapping her fingers in front of his face. “Stop drooling, Jay-Jay!”

Jason turned to Holly with a playful grin on his face. “Aww, are you jealous, Holly Bear?” he joked. Holly just huffed and rolled her eyes at him.

“Don’t flatter yourself, Jason. What if people saw you looking at her? They’ll think you were cheating on me.” she muttered to him, taking a bite of her apple. She saw three guys heading her way; they were his friends from gym that she saw him with. “Are those your friends?” she asked.

Jason waved them over and high-fived with them, talking about gym and what-not. “Holly, I want you to meet my cousin, Kyle and his buddies, Brandon and Matt.” he said.

Holly flashed them a small smile and they sat with Jason and Holly. “So~ how do you two know Jason?” Holly asked, referring to Brandon and Matt.

“We met and hanged out the past 2 summers at Kyle’s. We hit it off instantly when we met a few weeks when his football team creamed our school’s football team.” Brandon answered. From there, the conversation went to football which eventually lead to soccer which lead to cheerleaders and girls. “And after that, the blonde one started to take a few tequila shots and puked in his car!” Holly snapped out of her thoughts when Brandon said that.

She felt bored hearing them talk about sports when she clearly had no interest in them. She started to look for Camille or Connor so they could chat about something else. Holly immediately stood up, when she remembered about Connor. She was supposed to meet him. “OH CRAP!” she said.

“What’s wrong?” Jason asked.

She smiled and uh-ed and umm-ed before she answered his question. “I have to meet Connor right now, so I’ll talk to you later, k? Bye.” Holly said, grabbing her bag and books which were supposed to be in her locker but Jason just HAD to drag her away.

“Holly,” Jason called. She turned around faced him. He had a wide grin on his face and Holly felt her heart skip a beat. How could just one smile from this guy make me feel this way?!! she asked herself, furiously. “You’re just gonna go?” he asked.

“Yeah...why? Did I forget something?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

He chuckled and nodded. “You forgot to give me a kiss, Holly Bear.” he said. Holly blushed when he called her Holly Bear, nobody nicknamed her. PERIOD. She bit her bottom lip, trying to control her feeling of anger and embarrassment. “Well?”

Holly sighed and sat on his lap, quickly giving him a peck on the lips and walked away. “Bye Jay-Jay!” she said, loud enough for his friends to hear her and she giggled, giving him a satisfied grin on her way out. As she walked out of the cafeteria, she rushed to the auditorium, hoping that Connor was still there. She walked into the auditorium, that was beside of the school cafeteria building and she walked in. Connor was sitting in the middle row of the third column. “Connor...” she breathed.

He turned around and gave her a small smile. “You’re late.”

Holly walked over to him and sat behind him. “I’m so sorry! I forgot. Jason pulled me out of class to the cafeteria and it kind of distracted me a bit. I’m SO sorry, Con!” she said, apologetically.

Connor sighed and shrugged. “It’s fine. So what is it that you want to talk about?” he asked, nonchalantly. He was confident that Holly would never leave him. The evidence was clear. He was the only one guy she ever stuck to and he was the one that Holly would seek in times of need. It was only a matter of minutes until she realizes she loves him. Holly would never�"

“I want us to be friends only. Nothing more, Con.” she said in a hurry. She watched as Connor’s relaxed nonchalant expression became one of shock and hurt. “I don’t think we can go on dates or anything else. I hope you understand, I truly am sorry!”

Connor was shocked. She actually dumped him. That never happened to their relationship with the other guys she dated. Holly would always leave them for Connor and no one else. When she said that to him, it was as if she hurled a dagger into his heart. Clearly, Jason was the first guy she liked and she didn’t know how wrong they were for each other like Connor knew they were. She was just being foolish and naïve... she was just confused. He knew they wouldn’t last and he would make her see him�"that he was the only guy for her. “You don’t have to be.” Connor said, almost a whisper.

“What?” Holly asked.

“I said, you don’t have to be and Holls, I’m not giving you up without a fight. I know you and I love you but you don’t know what you want. I do and I’m gonna fight Jason a million times until you’re mine again.” he said, confidently. Connor stood and Holly blushed. She knew his feelings for her but never truly discussed it or hear him say what was already so obvious. “I’ll call you later.” he said, placing his warm hand on her cheek and leaning into her. His soft lips brushed right past hers and kissed her gently. She kissed him back. It was how she dreamed her first kiss would be with Jason but it wasn’t. Jason’s kisses were passionate and a little rough but there was no denying the sparks she felt with Jason. Connor’s was amazing and she felt a tingle... compared to Con’s tingle, Jason’s spark didn’t pale in comparison.

He left and Holly just sat there, trying to think. Phase one is so~ not complete. she thought. Her plan was to show Jason she could be a potential girlfriend by getting rid of her player girl habits but when it came to Connor; this wasn’t something she could break. He was no habit, he was an addiction.

She sat there for hours until the last period of the day. Holly wanted to stay there until her cell phone ringed. Holly stared at the caller Id, it was Camille and she wondered if she should answer it but it stopped and she received a text from Camille: ‘H, where r u? Daniels(ßreferring to Jason) is looking 4 u.’ she texted. Holly felt a twinge of guilt but why should she feel guilty over a guy who was just using her as a excuse for breaking up with his one-night stand?? Holly sighed and swung her bag over her shoulder, walking towards her locker.

Jason was talking to a few girls, cheerleaders all of them. Anger burned deep inside her when she saw him enjoying their company and after she had felt guilty over kissing Connor?! HELL NO was she going to stand by and watch it anymore. Holly was the one who was supposed to be breaking hearts not the one with the broken heart!

She grumbled and stuck her head inside her locker, trying to control her anger and desire to punch through a wall and maul over Jason with his own car. “What are you doing, Holly Bear?” said a familiar sexy yet irritating voice that could only belong to HIM; Jason.

“I’m trying to bury myself in a hole but no luck with the hole, so leave me alone while I stick my head in my damn locker. LEAVE ME ALONE, JASON!” she said/yelled, angrily. Holly was upset, jealous, confused and somehow she even felt happy he was concerned about her. She felt messed up.

One of the cheerleaders giggled, whispering something to her friend. Jason cocked his head to the side. “What’s so funny, Candice... I mean Candy?” he asked, flirtatiously. Candy? Seriously?? You just had to pick one with a striper name?! Of all the girls in the school, you chose the girl with the striper name?! F**K YOU JASON!!! she thought angrily.

“She’s obviously jealous, Jacey~! You shouldn’t flirt with pretty girls when you’re already someone’s boyfriend.” the cheerleader said, batting her eyes at Jason. JACEY?!! PRETTY GIRLS?! ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Holly snapped in her own mind. Holly banged her head against the locker door.

Jason stepped back. “Uh... you okay there, Holly Bear?” he asked.

“I just hit my head on the locker door, Jason. I’m friggin’ fine!” Holly said, coldly.

Jason closed the locker door and stared at her, confused. He shrugged and carried her bag for her and they both headed towards his car but the cheerleaders were persistent b*****s and they followed Holly and Jason. Holly could feel her blood boil as they continued joking and teasing with Jacey. “Aww~ Jacey, you’re so sweet, carrying her bag like that! The guys I date never do that for me! I bet he’s the best boyfriend ever, right Holly?” the blonde cheerleader asked.

Holly stopped amidst her tracks, not able to stand for it any longer and snatched her bag from Jason and walked towards Connor. “Hey! Where’re you going? Holly?!” Jason asked.

Holly glared at him from over her shoulder. “Piss off and die, Jason!” she growled at him and gave a menacing glare at the girls. They flinched and stepped back , away from Jason. “Him... a boyfriend? HAH! When pigs fly!” she muttered to herself.



© 2011 Angelauthor1204


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love the last line:)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
1 Review
Added on April 22, 2011
Last Updated on April 22, 2011


Author

Angelauthor1204
Angelauthor1204

Anywhere you want it to be, !!?



About
I'm 15 years old and I'm in high school. Like everyone in this site-- I also want to be a professional writer! It may or may not happen but I have a dream and I am passionate about writing so I know I.. more..

Writing