The thought escapes me...

The thought escapes me...

A Poem by Naomi Montana Walsh
"

self explanitory

"

A tiny fragment of thought , comes and beckons me, it wants to be poetry.

It had meetings and appointments to make and most importantly, it needs to become poetry, but this thought it enters my head while I am driving, and it becomes impatient with me..

I'd pull over if traffic would allow , I am not one to stand in the way of thought and poetry, however, I do not get the opportunity and the thought slipped my mind the one that so fervently , wished to become poetry.

Perhaps , seeing, I was otherwise engaged that thought

became another poets poem that I might then someday read and say “ I once thought that very same thing , I once almost wrote that poem.

That thought, I totally hoped would remember it's way back to me , when I was home and there was no traffic and I was here as I am right now..more than , ready , but willing and able to write poetry..

but that little thought it escapes me.

 

Naomi Montana Walsh

© 2010 Naomi Montana Walsh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Naomi Montana Walsh,

WOW!

This is the third write of yours I have read... Pondering on each one - which shall I review? I open this in particular and it stopped me dead, you have captured the feeling of hoplessness when you have poetry running through - too busy to stop and write it down.

There are so many writes out there touching base on writers block to life placing walls to block our words. This one is original, clear and written quite well.

Your talent is amazing... words evade how much this poem meant to me in the processors of my mind.

Thank you, bravo!

Amazing.

Have a wonderful day,

Legacy



Posted 12 Years Ago


i truly love this poem, so fresh and honest and ironicly cute :) ~
i'm sure it has happened to me and many others; wish i had written about it the way you did eh? :D
my suggestion is for the last line, i prefer : "but the little thought has escaped me" ~
well done ~L

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is great it really makes you think

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great write! This had me smiling at the end...so has to be good eh! I think that all writers/artists can identify with the sentiment behind this one, so thanks for sharing..I look forward to reading more of your work...
"It had meetings and appointments to make....." what a great line...:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yeap I know this feeling, coarse I thjink we all do... it seems if you don't get the words down when they are fighting to find freedom then disappear into the darkness of your sub concious.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It happens to us all!! And either it returns one day....or is completely lost forever!! ( i hope it returns to you!!)
Great piece!! One all writer's can relate to!!:)



Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

622 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2010
Last Updated on May 16, 2010

Author

Naomi Montana Walsh
Naomi Montana Walsh

Los Angeles , CA



About
I am a writer and Artist .. well actually those are the same thing to me..I like to tell stories with art and I like to make pictures with words ..I live a happy life now but have walked through the v.. more..

Writing