SEE...

SEE...

A Poem by Jola
"

" ...a joint writing project-- concept and original poem by Jola S...; English interpretation by Mark Teague"

"

 

SEE.../Zobacz/
 
 
Look!
Soon it will be night,
And before the Dawn, I may see
Another such as me, another frail flower
Playing a sad, soft song in my piano...
 
Can you hear my notes, fragile as butterflies,
Flying out the window, through the storm?
I note that other flowers such as I have died already!

 
 
 
 
See how the player of the guitar
 
Has plunged his face into Darkness,
For he sees me, and he knows...
Knows that my time is short!
 
Can you not see that the meadows
Are painted with Fall's fallen flowers,
Held hostage by their own Nature,
Blinded by the coming winter's hues?

 
 
 
 
Now, sisters, I beg you:
 
Shed your heavy coats,
And shun those who would shield you from Life!
Grow anew your wings, and fly...fly...
Fly out to what awaits you!
 
jola  and mark teague
  October, 2009

© 2009 Jola


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the first two verses - very delicate! The next two stanzas introduce a darker element. The meaning of the last verse is somewhat lost on me - the 'heavy coats' for instance. I can't see the point of the huge gaps between sections, either. They tend to indicate that we're dealing with three separate poems here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You feel binded by your own situation and want no-one to feel the way you do. You feel pain, but no there is light. You know there's a reason for all of this. Keep on playing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

For a polish lady you don't half master the english language well in your poetry are you receiving help or divine intervention or perhaps you are friends with the dead poets society and maybe inspired by a few famous authors i think we all are from time to time captivated by some wonderful writing this is one of the best poems i have read from your collection it mystifies how you write so eloquently with poetry yet struggle to be understood in conversation ?????????? the mind boggles.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is so beautifully written, flowing from a hope and joy of freedom and life. It is such a wonderful poem filled with vibrant imagery. Excellent!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Hmmmm...streaming the bass clef I see.
So schizo. Different feelings and intent
through all. Nice and nasty like.

Very cool,
Jack

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Can you not see that the meadows
Are painted with Fall's fallen flowers,
Held hostage by their own Nature,
Blinded by the coming winter's hues?

Jola... I really like what the above stanza says... my favorite lines.

Thank you for sharing.

Art

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

such a soft and gentle piece of good advice. Your use of metaphor is great and the images are perfect. The beautiful rose should always be alive and never fade its beautiful colors.

Antony

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Appears to be a good pic interpretation that's evolved into an important lesson. From the viewpoint of the beautiful rose that lies on the music and only watches, listens, dreams and fears the changes coming. And from the viewpoint of the lovely lady that sits inside and reads poetry and only wishes to go out and experience the physical rain, to feel real life and romantic love. Wonderful parallel metaphor. I'm truly glad I stopped by.
Peace and Love,
papaed

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is epic in depth and soul-atmosphere... the lines are tender and sing to the reader with a voice that captivates. So much to ponder in your scribe.. so many feelings.




Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Love it! Beautiful work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Very dark and foreboding write that turns into a plea of hope and a leap of faith... you have great style and creativity.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1689 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 14, 2009
Last Updated on October 26, 2009

Author

Jola
Jola

Poland



About
obj=new Object;obj.clockfile="0037-blue.swf";obj.TimeZone="Poland_Krakow";obj.width=150;obj.height=220;obj.wmode="transparent";showClock(obj); more..

Writing
Wind brought... Wind brought...

A Poem by Jola


I do not.... I do not....

A Poem by Jola



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Old Oak Old Oak

A Poem by Tate Morgan