Me and His Heart

Me and His Heart

A Story by Angels heart
"

Never cheat or this just might happen>:]

"
THUMP
I jumped in my seat, hearing the weird noise. I looked around but saw nothing, then I returned my attention back to the girl in front of me. Patient 12639, Natalie Reed. She was admitted here because of strange behavior and random fits leading to harmful outbreaks. She was leaning forward; her black hair was covering most of her face. All I could see was her long thin nose and thin pale lips. She held a wood box, locked, with some hearts and flower carvings on it. She refused to go anywhere without her “lovely box”. I took a pen from my white lab coat, spotless and clean, and looked down at my stack of papers, ready to take notes.
“I’m going to tell you a word, tell me what you think when I say it.” No response. “Ok.” I looked down at my papers. “Family.”
“None.” She had a deep voice, a little horse like she hasn’t used it in a while. “Families are things I don’t know.” Adopted, she was adopted. “At least, not a real one.” She slightly shrugged.
“Okay.” I wrote down what she said. “Friend.”
THUMP THUMP
I saw her slightly flinch. Then she lifted her head and faced me like she could see me through her mass of silky, tangled hair.
“No comment.” Deep voice again, but this time with a flat tone.
“Okay.” I wrote it down. “How about, boyfriend?”
THUMP THUMP THUMP
“No comment.” Again, was her answer and again, she said it in a flat tone.
I shook off my uneasiness and wrote down notes. I did this kind of thing every day; I don’t understand why it would be getting to me now.
“Okay, um, next word. Love.”
THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP
It came louder. I looked around the small, white walled room. Then, my eyes slid over to the girl. She was smiling. “I don’t believe in an easy love. Love,” She hummed like she just ate the word and it was her favorite candy. “It comes with a price.” Then, the room, the atmosphere, it changed suddenly. I could feel it. Something at the back of my spine, crawling uneasily up it.
I tried to act normal. I looked at her for a few more seconds, assessing her, then went to jot some notes, but then looked at her again. “Wha-“
“Do you want to hear a little girl’s sad story?” She asked, still smiling. She tilted her head to the side and I could see one of her eyes, light blue.
I cleared my throat. “Who is this little girl?”
“Me.” She stated without hesitation.
THUMP THUMP
She proceeded with her story without a word from me. “My first year of high school, a friend took me to meet one of her guy friends. A college boy with soft blonde hair and dark brown eyes. I fell in love with him immediately and a few days later, I asked him out. He said yes. It was the best day of my life.” She looked off to the her left as if she was in her own little world, reliving the moment. “We hung out every day and went on a date every weekend. Soon, I was skipping high school, forgetting about it and everyone in it, even my best friend.
“I would sneak onto campus, surprising my lover with visits. After dating for two months I thought we would be together, forever.” She shook her head. “How naive. One day, I officially gave him my heart by giving him something close to it. A pure gold, heart shaped locket on a silver chain.” Then, I noticed something shiny around her neck. It was a silver chain, polished and clean, and attached to it was a heart locket that the pale lights glinted off of. My uneasiness came back; oh I had a bad feeling.
“It was my real moms.” She said noticing me stare at it. “The only thing I have ever had of hers, and will ever have of hers.” There was a pause and I could slightly see the muscles in her jaw working. “I trusted him!”
Her arms tightened around the box in her lap. “One day, I went early to the campus. I walked around a bit, waiting for him to get out of class.” She paused, lifting her face up, but her hair still didn’t uncover the girl’s face. “I still remember the cool breeze, and I could hear the choir singing.” She hummed a soft tune. She had a light, beautiful voice, other than her scratchy deep talking voice. "What was it called, oh right, Shady Grove.” She looked down and hunched again. “What a lovely song.” She let out a puff of air. “Soon, I saw him. He was in the shade of a tree.
“I ran over there just to realize he was with another woman.” She pounded her fist against the table. “He was hugging, kissing, touching her up and down.” She was breathing heavily, the stream of words flowing out like a waterfall. Her fist loosened and she calmed down. I wasn’t ready for her outburst; I was a little shaken up.
“I pushed her to the ground, out of his grasp. I kicked over and over and over again.” She laughed, tipping her head back a bit. “I ruined her pretty little face. But, he just had to come stop me and save her.” She shook her head, like trying to shake the memory out of her head. Then, she suddenly stopped and continued with her story. “I tried to confront him, telling him he has my heart so he doesn’t need anyone else.” She lifted her head to me again, like she really could see me. It sent another crawling chill up my spine. “Want to know what he did?”
THUMP
I nodded, the chill still on the back of my spine, it would not leave me. I could hear my heart banging on the drum in my ear. “He tore the heart off his neck, over his head. Then, he threw it to the ground and stomped on it.”
THUMP THUMP
“I could feel my heart get smashed, ripped, and torn. It hurt so much.” She was wheezing, like she could feel it at that moment. Then she suddenly stopped, the memory passed. “Then he picked it up and gave it to the ugly b***h next to him.” She was shaking from anger, it was easy to tell. I could hear the acid dripping from her mouth. “He gave my heart away!” She grabbed the table and shook it.
I moved my chair back, afraid, but not trying to show it. You never show the patient when you are uncomfortable, it’s a sign of weakness.
She sat there, breathing deeply. Then she clutched her box and composed herself. “Of course, I wanted it back, so I made a plan. One night, I went over to his house and broke in. That ugly b***h was there, and I wasn’t surprised. They were sleeping in the same bed, so lovey dovey and cuddling.” She said in a mocking tone. “My heart was on the bedside table, I took it. But, that wasn’t the only thing I was there for. By now, I knew he wasn’t going to give me his heart, so I was going to take it myself. I wanted the real thing.”
THUMP THUMP THUMP
“And so I got it. I took that man’s heart, but either way it belonged to me. Now we can be together forever and that other girl won’t be able to have him, only me.”
THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP
Just then, I noticed she was looking down at the box. I followed her eyes down to it and noticed she was stroking it, like the box was a cat.
I drew in a deep breath and asked, “So, uh, where is his heart?”
THUMP THUMP THUMP
The noise grew louder, but she just stroked the box. “Hush, lover boy.” My eyes widened with a thought. But it couldn’t be true.
THUMP THUMP
“Now we are together forever, no one can ever break us away from our undying love, never.” The noise it was, coming from the box. It sounded like the beat of a heart. Her hair fell away from her face and I could see her eyes. One, a light blue, the other, a dark brown. She glared at me with a smile, her eyes mesmerising me. “Never”
THUMP

© 2015 Angels heart


Author's Note

Angels heart
I wrote this last year and I put it into a short story contest and got silver, so I'm really proud of this story and I hope you enjoy it.^.^

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on December 20, 2015
Last Updated on December 20, 2015
Tags: Murder, death, gore, horror, crazy, love, boyfriend, ex boyfriend, cheating, cheater, liar

Author

Angels heart
Angels heart

Platte city, MO



About
Every chance I get I love to write read and draw. Also, even in the middle of class, I HAVE to write down an idea if I get one. I love to dabble in all sorts of things. Enjoy my writing and please lea.. more..

Writing
Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by Angels heart