Confusion & Odds

Confusion & Odds

A Chapter by Anieke

“I feel more than shocked.. I’m not even sure what to say, or what to think. I feel so anxious, I thought dying would end all my feelings?” I sat fidgeting with my fingers, feeling strange in disbelief.

“Suicide brings you here, the royals and the ancients are from here so many of us have been born here, but yes I understand your shock and disbelief, this is a different world and what your starting is sort of a new life in death.” She explained, sympathetic with my confusion.

“The royals and ancients??” I questioned.

“The original beings, everything mystical is real here, the ancients are of the first of their breed, vampires, changelings, fairies….”

“Woah, woah… What? Vampires?.. What? Those things… there not.. real are they?” I stammered in even more shock than I ever thought I could be.

“You will get used to the unreal.” She chuckled softly.

I sat in silence for what felt like 2 seconds but must have been at least 10 minutes, I needed time to absorb what I had just heard.

This is just unbelievable, I mean.. How? How on earth is this happening? Am I even on Earth? Is this an actually place in the universe? Surely if I’m dead…. A different dimension maybe?? Yes.. yes that must be it.

I took a deep breath in, ready to speak again.. I decided to take everything as it came, everything was new and scary but I guess this is what I had chosen for myself, I just didn’t realize this is what I was getting.

“So.. You said Lord Marcuz had chosen me for his sons.. Are they vampires?” I said timidly.

“Yes, Lord Marcuz is the South’s Ruler, he is extremely powerful, it is an honor to serve him, you should be glad your not working with the deceased slaves, that is where most humans go when they first come here, you build your way up and maybe a mystic will give you their gift, but you.. you will be set up nicely here in the palace as the heirs company.” She smiled at me, she had a safe, warm energy about her, I really hoped she would stick around..

“O.. Do you work here? In the Palace?” I asked hopeful.

“Yes, I am Marcuz’s assistant and I help out in the kitchen a little, you can help a bit with that too if your any good in the kitchen, I’m beyond terrible but I give it ago, and Marcuz doesn’t seem to mind.” She chuckled.

I smiled.

Anything would be better than my old life, even life in death. This place was so mystical, I knew there was so much to be learned, I felt as if I’d already made a friend, and apparently I was quite blessed here so I eased slightly wondering what this place would bring my way.

The room I woke up in was now my permanent bedroom I had been told. Candice told me that she was informed to spend the day helping me settle in, which she done quite well. A large walk in wardrobe had already been filled with clothes in my size or which Harlem and Danny had chosen. It was mostly dresses and heels, elegant expensive looking clothes. Not usually anything I would wear.. But I guess as Candice said, I had to get used to the unusual. I was still unsure of why I was to live at the Palace and serve these vampires but from what I had heard I was grateful to not be with the rest of the humans that had arrived here.


© 2010 Anieke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on September 18, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2010
Tags: mythical, fantasy, vampires, love, lust


Author

Anieke
Anieke

Tasmania, Australia



About
Im always unsatisfied. I insist on being blonde. Im unbelievably forgetful.. seriously, you wouldn't believe it. I like red. Im completely lazy but Im a workaholic.. I like money. I wis.. more..

Writing
Enter Rebel Enter Rebel

A Story by Anieke


Tiny War Tiny War

A Poem by Anieke


Nightmares Nightmares

A Chapter by Anieke