The Kiss

The Kiss

A Poem by Anima Inspired
"

Chance meeting...chance lovers...you know the drill

"

In the beginning there is always
a sharp stirring of rapture�


From the first moment,
when a simple locking of gazes
caused beating hearts to swell
like the coming of the tides,
she knew the taste of his lips
and the sweet scent of his skin.

In the beginning there is always
an excruciating charge of passion�


Before he came to her,
slow and delicately persistent,
hands encircling her waist,
fingers finding those perfect places
to apply soft pressure to her flesh,
she knew the words he would whisper
and the timid way his tongue
would dance with her own.

In the beginning there is always
the sweet sense of disorientation�


Perhaps from the realm of sleep,
dreams became premonitions
that led her to him that day,
on a sidewalk of cobblestone
in a city she�d never visited,
where sunshine rested on wanting skin
and two beings passed beyond
the confines of reason and logic
to find a moment that would last forever.

© 2008 Anima Inspired


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am not very experienced when it comes to reviewing other people's poetry, let alone writing my own so hopefully you get the jist of what I'm saying. I felt this poem was very descriptive and I know I can definetly relate to the emotions going on. I also really liked how you captured the feelings of first love and how powerful it is.
While reading this I pictured it in my head and that shows the imagery was effective. Over all well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

yes from the first moments heart swelling ,sweet taste of lips ,and scent of skin,yes this is life ,crazy way she pushes us one into the other ,from her sleep like a calling to meet him on some street in some city she has never seen,and they passed confines of all logic to that wonderful moment that will never be forgotten ,i see this life ,plays at random with us ,this is fate ,so who can ever tell,wonderful ,such images....

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is perfect...
the perfect kiss... the first one.

You have a definite gift for capturing
the moment and pulling your reader
right into it! I'm so there! And so
not there.... sigh. :( lol

Exceptional! As always..



Posted 15 Years Ago


you never cease to amaze when reading one of your works. top notch stuff as always

Posted 15 Years Ago


Brilliant stuff. I was living it as I read. Such encounters thrill by taking us out of our normal patterns. You capture all the little raptures very well also. Word 'locking' a good choice. 'Sweet scnet of his skin' a poetic way of saying the pheromones are leaping for joy. Not sure about 'excruciating'. Tis the opposite is it not? Like 'soft pressure' and dance of tongues. All very intimate in a gentle and delightful way. How can such an encounter be anything other than joyful? Though 'In the beginning...' hints that all may not continue so. Ach, I think it is just Life taking it's chance to try and get us to mate. It never misses a trick.

Posted 15 Years Ago


hmmm. seems you have a following of people with some issues. don't let them bother you. your writing is very good. i liked the whole piece, but the last verse was near perfect. the lines...."on a sidewalk of cobblestone, in a city she'd never visited where sunshine rested on wanting skin" has a wonderful rhythm and is wonderful writing. extremely visual and sensual. keep writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh there is nothing like the first time two people explore one another's body in the heat of passion and you laid it out with intense passion and sexual desire just like it should be, very impressive work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was extremely well written. The words were perfect.
I was, however, waiting for a scene of a bit more description, but
was only because of your tentive ways in pulling the reader in.
This was truely lovely.
I loved the way that you put the stanzas, as well.
Everything was placed eprfectly and I loved the outcome.

Hoping all is well,
vk

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am not very experienced when it comes to reviewing other people's poetry, let alone writing my own so hopefully you get the jist of what I'm saying. I felt this poem was very descriptive and I know I can definetly relate to the emotions going on. I also really liked how you captured the feelings of first love and how powerful it is.
While reading this I pictured it in my head and that shows the imagery was effective. Over all well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I respect people's opinions, like dogs and word's opinion below, but like all opinions, I don't have to agree with them. I don't agree with his. I don't understand the need for proper leadership in poetry. Maybe in prose, but not poetry. And I don't see how the reader makes decisions for you. Poetry should be cryptic to a point, and open to interpretation, not iron-clad and concrete in meaning. If it was, it wouldn't be special. And personally, I think 'passion' is alright, and not "all-encompassing", because people see passion in different ways, but it gets the point across, it gets what you are trying to say through to the reader.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are a storyteller. You have a knack for offering just the right amount of words, just the right amount of description to lure the listener in to hear the tale; but they are never short changed, always leaving with more than they may have thought they would.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 12, 2008

Author

Anima Inspired
Anima Inspired

Sunny California



About
RECENT NEWS: I'm proud to say that two of my pieces "The City" (a collection of Haiku) and "Jazz" will be featured in the Boston Literary Magazine's Fall issue. It's a great journal with very respon.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..