Clouded Clarity

Clouded Clarity

A Poem by Anima Inspired

 

In a tongue that I do not understand
you sing to me sonnets of love,
read to me stories of blissful tragedy,
touch me with memories that are not my own,
 
and still I feel the bonds of comprehension
blooming like a thousand eternities in a summer field.
 
Your hand brushes my skin, the nape of my neck
set on fire by your trailing fingers, and
I cry silent tears of rapture, while pleading
with the bottomless depths of your eyes.
 
You hold me in arms I’ve never known,
offering transcendence from earthly pleasures.
 
In the night, we watch as the stars burn out,
tiny deaths in a pitch-dark abyss,
holding hands like lovers, lost only unto ourselves
but found within the fullness of our alliance.

© 2008 Anima Inspired


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

very well written. I let my mind explore the different possiblities that the poem could be about but the picture kinda gave it way. If I hadn't looked at I would consider a woman relenting to her capturer as her life slipped away...sonnets of love..stories of blissful tradgedy (maybe he's done this before) I read it several times and still drew that conclusion. held hands LIKE lovers..watched as the stars burned out...tiny deaths in a pitch dark abyss (amazing)...if I had to think of a profound way to describe what it's like as you leave your body and what you see, I think that would a beautiful interpritation. But I like to disect things...well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You hold me in arms I've never known,offering transcendence from earthly pleasures. In the night, we watch as the stars burn out,tiny deaths in a pitch-dark abyss,

Quite lovely this truly is~ Beautifully penned

in poetic expression ~filled with vivid imagery

Very nicely donE!!~Fran Marie



Posted 15 Years Ago


Mm, I like this one very much. Especially the couplets. They seem to encompass what the entire poem is about, and the rest seems to be more of a filler, a fleshing out of the emotions that are so concise in the couplets.
It's odd how I get the feeling that all of these words, not just in this poem, but in most, are directed towards one thing and one thing only, and it has more to do with another rather than something larger like god, or some...non-anthropomorphic phenomenon. I think that's why most of your poems have a more intimate conveyance, something that touches the heart in a much more private way.
Me likey.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ok i've read it 6 times now... Interesting to me that I can't really figure out who it's about. The first time I read it I thought it was about love between a man and woman... then the next few times I read it I thought it was about the devil seducing you. I read it a few more times and thought it could be you falling for "god" or at least coming to some sort of peace with him.

What's funny though, is after reading it once I thought "what a cliche title". But now I find myself in a blissful, clouded clarity and I think i'm in love.

Good writing! (if it's about something else please message me so I can remain in this state of mind)

Posted 15 Years Ago


truly enjoyed the "Lover's enigma" in this piece, tantalizing and mysterious, very well, done.
Exceptional crafting, you leave the reader wondering who she's talking about, and why it is so confusing yet wonderful, and then wrap so very creatively in the arms of her love.
Beautiful and pristinely gentle.~P

Posted 15 Years Ago


clouded clarity is a wonderful title. oxymoronic, yet not. the poem does a good job describing that amazing crystal clear haze that love creates.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Beautiful... I would find another image beside daffodils but other than that ... truly exotic and real.SD

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 18, 2008
Last Updated on August 18, 2008

Author

Anima Inspired
Anima Inspired

Sunny California



About
RECENT NEWS: I'm proud to say that two of my pieces "The City" (a collection of Haiku) and "Jazz" will be featured in the Boston Literary Magazine's Fall issue. It's a great journal with very respon.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Ice Black Ice

A Poem by Wildecat