Story 1: LDS - Love Denial System!

Story 1: LDS - Love Denial System!

A Chapter by Sonico
"

Can Luke win the girl?

"
"Nice pass!"

*thud thud thud*

"Hey! Someone stop him!"

*screek! Thud, thud*

"Hey! I'm open!"

*thud, screek!*

"Shoot it Luke!"

*swish!*

"Nothing but net! Nice shot Luke!"

"Haha, darn right!"

Luke, a fourth year student at Lily Academy, a private high school, also known as the basketball ace. They were playing for their semifinal game for the state side tournament against the Lyrical charter high school. The score was 58 a 72, the Lilies winning. The closed court of the high school provided shade from the hot Spring sun. Yet, the tons of people cramped inside the building created tons of body heat.

"Kyaaaa! Go Luke!!!" Erupted the screams of fan girls from the bleachers. Most of the girls were from lily academy, the rest were actual girls from the charter school.

"Nice to see you have your very own cheerleaders Luke." Teased Randy. Randy is Luke's best friend. Trough life and all, they've been through it all. They were like brothers in arms.

"Heh, it's not like I paid them to be here." Luke joked back, setting up position for the speeding all.

"Just don't let it bother you! I hate to become MvP while you're not full game!" Randy laughed, egging on his best friend to not lose his title. Friendly competition you might say.

The game continued onward, with the sounds of the ball dribbling across the floor, the squeaking of shoes, the cheers and screams of the crowd.

Even though Luke had a very large fan group, he had his eyes on one girl in the crowd. She was short, had long brown hair, light skin, very motherly features, a petite frame with a slightly average chest. She was sitting in the front row, wearing the Lily academy uniform, and sipping on a juice box from the concession stand. She was an almost complete opposite from Luke. Luke had short sandy blonde hair, tall, about 5'9, and a medium build. He was well conditioned for his passion of basketball. He also has hazel eyes, where the girl only had light brown eyes. Luke didn't really know her name, but he knew she was a lowerclassman, and she went to the academy. Luke was strangely attracted to her, more than a friend kind of attraction...

Suddenly, Luke was elbowed in the chest, sending him flying back onto his butt.

"Hey! Foul!" Luke shouted.

The referee shook his head, and continued the game.

"Why that little..." Luke was cut off by Randy.

"It's fine, we're gunna win anyways."

Luke shook his head and got up, ignoring the slight pain in his chest and cha ing after the ball.


In 10 minutes of intense running, stealing, dribbling, shooting, and sweating, the alarm for the end of the game sounded, the Lilies with 91 and the Charters with 86.

Luke, randy, and his team cheered hard, shouting "MVP! MVP!" And lifting Luke into the air. Bringing him into the locker rooms to change and shower.

"You did a great job out there Luke!"

"Yeah man, way to go!"

"Just one more game, and that's the finals!"

Luke laughed and smiled, recieving all these great comments from his team mates. He was changing into his clean clothes when Randy patted him on the back.

"Not bad! But I saw that foul, you were looking at someone weren't you?"
Randy pointed out.

"Ha... You caught me... Yes. Someone caught my eye." Luke confessed.

"Dude! Tell me!" Randy said enthusiastically, smiling at the fact his best friend finally says he likes someone. Luke told Randy he wasn't into dating because basketball took up his time.

"I would if I could, but I don't even know her name."

"That sucks. Does she even go to our school?"

"Yeah."

"Man... Well, maybe you'll see her tomorrow. Tell me when you see her. I gotta go, see yah!"randy shouted with a smile, running out of the locker rooms.

"I hope I do... " Luke sighed, gathering up his sports bag and fixing his hair, walking out of the room.

Suddenly, a soft wind blew, and long brown hair caugh his eye. There she was! The girl! She was walking down the path of the gym toward the dorms.

So she's in the dorms... Luke thought to himself. He walked behind her, at a quick pace, hoping to catch up with her.

"U-um... Can I help you?" The girl said, turning around to face him.

"Oh, uh, I live this way. Wanna walk together maybe? It's dark and I wouldn't mind some company." Luke lied, trying to make an excuse to be with her.

"That's a very bad reason... For one... The school is very secure, and two, the only people walking this way are girls, for the girls dorm..." She said to him, slightly annoyed. "Why not you tell me why you're really walking this way."

Luke was suprised, this girl was really smarter than she looked. "Ah well... I think I got lost, and I figured you knew where to go..."

She facepalmed, sighing. "That's even worse. You're uniform says you're a member of this school. The color of your crest, says you're a fourth year. You've been here for 4 years and still don't know your way around? It's not even that dark! There's the path lights. I'm really really annoyed. I can't stand liars. Get out of my sight."

Luke was taken back by her attitude. Not only was she an underclassman, she talked rudely to him. But this didnt really bother him for some reason. He was attracted to her, and he took it like a challenge to try to get her to like him back.

"Oh right, but I am a transfer student. I've only been here for a month!" Luke lied again.

"No you're not. You're Luke Capri. The basketball star. For 4 years you've been a top MvP, no way can you be new." She smirked.

"Oh, so you do know me! Then tell me, what's your name?" Luke smiled, feeling triumphant.

"Miyamoto. People call me Miya for short. If that's all you came for then get out of here." She told him, before turning around and walking toward the dorms, and heading inside the large building known as the girl's dorm.

"Miya huh... Just you watch Miya! I will score you like a three pointer!" Luke laughed to himself, feeling clever.

Luke was determined to get Miya to like him. Determined to make her know sho he was, and that he was not talked down like that. What did he have in store for her? Is Luke the kind of person that likes being dominated? For what reason would be even want to go for this girl? Who knows? All we can say, is good luck Luke. We wish you happiness!

...To Be Continued!

Preview:

"C'mon! Let's go!"

"No way! You idiot! Let me go!"

"How can you truly live if all you've done is stay in the shadows?"

"What's wrong with that?!"

"You need, the light!"

*the doors burst open, and a bright light shined into Miya's eyes. She shielded them from harm with her arm. When her eyes adjusted, she saw the basketball court, and a bunch of guys there, each wearing the Lily basketball jerseys. Before she knew it, she held a ball in her hands, and Luke was smiling at her, beckoning to her to come and play. He wore a large grin and chuckled.

"Now you're going to learn why I'm known as the basketball ace, once and for all...."


© 2013 Sonico


Author's Note

Sonico
I was going to split the stories into parts, so I can try out more things. Please comment and rate, constructive criticism and comments welcome ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on July 30, 2013
Last Updated on August 19, 2013
Tags: Romance, Tsundere, School Life, Slice of Life, Sports


Author

Sonico
Sonico

Kahului, HI



About
Super Sonico! I'm a big admirer of her... Anyways. I like to draw and write stories, mostly fantasy and romance, something like that. I hope you enjoy them, and I hope to enjoy reading as well! more..

Writing
The Lily Academy The Lily Academy

A Chapter by Sonico