Renaissance Fair

Renaissance Fair

A Story by Animus
"

My first attempt at flash fiction.

"

  Their first date was at the Renaissance Fair. No amount of googling or reckless perusing of any magazine with a perky teenager on the cover gave Seren any insight to romantic protocol for such a setting. However, she sensed that beating Austin in archery and devouring a giant turkey leg like a starved hyena put a bit of a damper on her chances.
   It was hot, and she was sweating in a most unladylike manner. Surrounded by scantily clad fairy women who did not perspire but rather sparkled, Seren was ready to find solace in a nearby cookie kiosk when she was knocked to the ground by a smiling Austin with a Lincoln green Robin Hood cap on his head, red feather included. “Alas! There be my Maid Marian,” he exclaimed, “the loveliest lady of them all!” And it was then that Seren decided that romantic protocol, like most articles in teen magazines, could shove it.

© 2010 Animus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is REALLYYYY good! I like it...(;

Posted 13 Years Ago


LOL funny piece of writing. great work at bringing the idea of a date with a robin hood story. and the girl in your story isnt the typical sterotypical girl whos very very girly and reads heaps of magazines. i have to say, my favourite part of this story would have to be this part: "However, she sensed that beating Austin in archery and devouring a giant turkey leg like a starved hyena put a bit of a damper on her chances." This part is absolutely hilarious. haha i couldnt stop smiling when i read this!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 1, 2010
Tags: Renaissance, fair, flash fiction

Author

Animus
Animus

Writing