Year Of Return (Kumasi)

Year Of Return (Kumasi)

A Poem by King Za

Chorus: I love outdoin myself now I got em starin at me like a brother be foreign, for sure it ain't a thing about me that's boring, on my Coming To America s**t they can't ignore me. My style is really outta this world it's a sight to see like a dancing Python no Monty! Yeah yeah I'm a trendsetter I do things for the culture like the great writer Solomana Kante! Aye, Dripping with Gold like I'm from the Ashanti and I'm preppin right now to take a trip to Kumasi (2x) Year Of Return and the Motherland callin so I'm preppin right now to take a trip to Kumasi, me and the family got so much in common I'm in love wit the Gold just like Musa from Mali.
Verse: Yeah you heard me right, I rock wit the elements, Silver Platinum and Gold. I am a one of a kind but like most others I feel like Gold energizes my soul! And I'm constantly dreamin, when I'm seeing visions I'm seeing my personal life goals, I gotta travel to beautiful places where my ancestors lived up until they were sold! As I read up on the greatest continent I gotta say my favorite tribe is the Ashanti. Akans speak a unique language called Twi and how came up with hieroglyphs is beyond me! Like the Ghana Empire they obsessed with Gold, and they wear circular necklaces around their chests! These Gold pieces are said to purify the soul, I might acquire one then head to a Yam feast! 2019 I got put on to Goldewater it's electrifying and it increases my focus! Sippin on Gold like the original Egyptians or like the ancient Mayans so I can elevate, no lying. GMO foods have been toxic for my body as I rejuvenate with minerals I'll feel like I'm flying! Gotta spread the word throughout the diaspora, this the Age Of Information so ignorance is dying. Royalty in my blood, and we honor the icons, like Opoku Ware. Pour libation for the founder, Osei Tutu, man I gotta hit up Jabari. He would love this too, and who knew the Ashanti created a game called Oware!? It's a lot like Mancala, man the history more powerful than the engine of Ferraris!
(Chorus)
Verse: Rock my Kente Cloth which comes from Ghana and the color symbolism is very deep! You see Gold is for royalty, Green is agriculture, Maroon is for the Earth and people don't even peep! Black represents spiritual maturation which I've manifested tho my growth not finished, Red is for the blood and the will of the people they showed great resistance against the British! In the fight for the Golden Stool they were able to maintain it, Asantes really live up to their name. The name translates to "because of wars" and that speaks volumes, they had a hell of a reign. The Dwennimen symbol is tatted on my arm and it represents strength with the sign of a ram's horn, come back to the U.S. all dripped out with Gold they'll be lookin at me like I just brought a damn storm.

© 2020 King Za


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on March 7, 2020
Last Updated on March 7, 2020

Author

King Za
King Za

Philadelphia, PA



About
I'm a 22 year old conscious rap artist from Philadelphia. I mainly rap about history, politics, social issues, and love (specifically Black Love). more..

Writing