Pen to Paper

Pen to Paper

A Poem by Anna

Pen to paper,
In words I find my serenity. 
Filling pages, once empty, full
Each word comes together to tell a story; to define an emotion. 
When I write light is shone on the darkest parts of my soul
With every stroke of ink, I spill my deepest desires and insecurities out; things the outside world would never see,
or care to notice. 
Somehow these words once thoughts drifting around in my psyche, begging to be let out are expressed so much sweeter coming from my hands than they ever could from my mouth.
I write to clean every part of my fragile heart that I have allowed you to touch with your dirty hands.
I write to still the constant chaos in my mind
I write, because I don't know what else to do
I write, to ease the pain.

© 2015 Anna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So easy to pen our feelings we often write the entire poem,then we read what we just wrote and it hits us!Overwhelmed with fears,sadness,joy,and tears.Even a happy end and yet we tear up.Why I don't know but it happens.Keep on penning and release your emotions.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna

9 Years Ago

So true! And release I will!! :)



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
What a lovely read,many who write feel this way.God job

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So beautiful and perfect

Posted 9 Years Ago


Anna

9 Years Ago

Thank you!!
I love this! I was able to paint a beautiful mental picture in my head because of your words. I can really relate to your poem. I recently discovered how amazing I feel when I write. I am not good at understanding my feelings, but writing them I have an incredible release of emotion. Thank you so much for this poem!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Anna

9 Years Ago

Wow, I'm glad it made you feel something, because never in a million years did I think people would .. read more
I read some quote , something like we don't write cause we want too , but cause we need too. I don't know who that's from , but I think it's very fitting for what you just wrote.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna

9 Years Ago

I've seen that quote somewhere too. Lol, it is super relevant thanks!
"I write, to ease the pain". By far the one sentence that sums up a mutual feeling. I enjoy how your poem doesn't follow a structure as it flows according to the feelings you have. A poem not dictated by a retrospective view on something you've been thinking about, but one that is present. And it is remarkable how you show that writing is an extension of yourself. To write is like is scratching that place that was itching all day. Continue writing, better let light shine, than be consumed by the darkness of our souls :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna

9 Years Ago

Thank you!!! :D
So easy to pen our feelings we often write the entire poem,then we read what we just wrote and it hits us!Overwhelmed with fears,sadness,joy,and tears.Even a happy end and yet we tear up.Why I don't know but it happens.Keep on penning and release your emotions.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anna

9 Years Ago

So true! And release I will!! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 3, 2015
Last Updated on February 3, 2015
Tags: poem, teen, passion

Author

Anna
Anna

Toronto, Canada



Writing
Broken Souls Broken Souls

A Poem by Anna