Life

Life

A Poem by Annie29

Forget the forgotten,
I think this could last.
I wait for no future,
nor do I dwell in the past.
There's only the present,
and it's here and now.
Stop collaborating,
and wondering how.
Roll with the waters,
go with the flow.
Own every moment,
and take life slow.
Because there aren't any stop-signs,
or any brakes.
And if you drive through too fast,
you'll miss all that is great.

© 2013 Annie29


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this poem. It's so simple but rings so true. The advice has been said many different ways yet always the same. Don't let life go by without actually living it. The fact is one day, too soon for our liking, we will pass from this world. There are many ways one can be remembered but in my mind I feel the best way to be remembered is for loving life and those in it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great advice! I've read through several of your poems and really enjoy them. I hope you keep writing whether it comes from moments like this poem or your "box full of darkness." Amazing work, I look forward to reading more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Love this poem, it summed up exactly what's been on my mind lately. Just LOVE it keep up the writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Loved it, beautiful, well written


Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
A very thought out and interesting poem abut life itself. It was very well written and captivating. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


inspirational

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem reminds me of a lesson. Starting out, it seems as though this'll be an introspective piece, revealing your actions in reaction to life. However, it quickly changes in the seventh line, changing from a description, a biography-type poem, into a lesson, a dictation to the reader. It makes me wonder who exactly is the speaker. Is it yourself, Annie? Why is there this quick change into a lesson? The sharp turn indicates a sense of urgency, which contrasts with the overall moral: take life slow. I'm probably rambling for no reason here, but that's what I like to do in the first part of a review: just kind of react and "analyze."

As for the structure, I like the rhyme scheme. I feel as though it actually accentuates the message of the poem quite well. As I read the poem, the rhyme scheme, as well as punctuation, influences me to literally take the poem slower, reading it in a way that brings out the rhymes. In a sense, the poem which is telling us to take life slow is also FORCING us to take the poem slow. I don't know whether that was deliberate, but I really liked how the rhyme scheme helped the moral/theme. It's also interesting how you end the poem. The last two lines read "And if you drive through too fast,/you'll miss all that is great." What 's interesting about this is that this poem isn't very long. We have to take this poem slow as well, or else we'll miss its greatness. In a way, this poem about life becomes a symbol for life itself. Now THAT is something I definitely don't know if it was intentional. However, a clever idea to accompany the poem nonetheless.

All in all, you've written a great poem. It's rhyme scheme and sharp turn from biography to lesson really accentuate all this poem has to offer. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i feel connected to this piece and i've swallowed every line. "there's only the present"....and, with or without our consent, it is all we have, it is the moment of creation. strong, visceral references..great write. thank you for sharing..

Posted 12 Years Ago


The flow of the poem is outstanding! it captures what i believe your trying to portray, the sudden passing of life!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this poem. It's so simple but rings so true. The advice has been said many different ways yet always the same. Don't let life go by without actually living it. The fact is one day, too soon for our liking, we will pass from this world. There are many ways one can be remembered but in my mind I feel the best way to be remembered is for loving life and those in it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What à lovely poem, and so full of truths
Well-done :0)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

486 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2011
Last Updated on February 12, 2013
Tags: life

Author

Annie29
Annie29

AL



About
The reason I write is the reason I breathe, because without it, I would die. I grew up a long time ago. I'm a little too metaphoric, if there is such a word. I use to dream of running through Ter.. more..

Writing
Your Forever Your Forever

A Poem by Annie29


Life Lessons Life Lessons

A Poem by Annie29