A dash of Pink

A dash of Pink

A Poem by Annette Phillip
"

My poem is about my favorite color which is pink.

"
Dull does not become me. Pale, monotonous I laugh at, for they never defined me.
A world in black and white would cause me to shrivel up and die, for I am as bright as the brightest butterfly.
The little girl inside me screams to show off the colors that make a girl girly, 
a woman a woman.
The color pink is my absolute favorite, it brings out the very essence of who I have become.
The little girl who loved pink candy cane, pink bubblicious  bubble gum which made the biggest pink bubbles no one could miss.
Pink skirts, pink shorts and my dazzling pink sunglasses made me look like a princess from another era.
The sheer color of pink, and the flamboyance nature that it adorns with that dazzling ray of different shades.
The world would be a simpler place if colors were lighter for it would bring about so much laughter.
A night on the town and ready to make a splash is what it's about.
How about a blue dress and what accessories could I wear to make me look so debonair?
I got it, what goes with blue? Why pink is a good mix.
Pink pumps, pink bracelets would catch someone's eye.
Definitely not blah looking, more like dazzle, razzle superstar in the making.
The trees are green and that's amazing, the clouds are white and that's also amazing.
The earth is brown, the sea is blue but without a dash of rose pink, ruby pink, ultra pink and creamy pink tell me where would we be?
In a world lacking in fashion, pizazz, creativity, no future insight to vanity.
We need flair and dramatics, fashionistas in our market and I propose to get us started.
We need to paint the town and make it look oh so darn Pinktastic.

© 2020 Annette Phillip


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pinktastic love it, beautiful well written and very descriptive!! thanks for entry into my competition

Posted 3 Years Ago


Annette Phillip

3 Years Ago

Your welcome and thank you so much for your review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
1 Review
Added on May 28, 2020
Last Updated on May 28, 2020

Author

Annette Phillip
Annette Phillip

NY



About
My name is Annette Phillip and I love writing since I was a little girl. Poetry is my passion and I hope I can inspire others with my writing. I would love to publish all my poetry one day soon. In th.. more..

Writing