Last Life Chapter 1: In the Beginning

Last Life Chapter 1: In the Beginning

A Chapter by name
"

Introduction of Characters

"

"All ready now!" Manny shouted out of the bathroom door. He began to comb back his messy orange hair. Manny had deep orange eyes which he liked very much. He spat the mixture of toothpaste and saliva out of his mouth, into the sink and retreated into the bedroom. Manny's bedroom was odd for a boy of his age"sixteen"it contained childlike posters of his favorite superheroes, light blue wallpaper. His room was also incredibly messy, video game cases scattered across brown stained carpet, clothes lying next hampers as if he launched them and missed completely, his computer desk filled with a clutter of history papers that were overdue and old snack wrappers. As he sat on his abdnormally long single bed, he heard his mother's footsteps move toward the hallway. He quickly grabbed his jacket from off the office chair in front of his desk he then ran out of the room and closed the door before his mother could notice the mess. She stopped in front of him.

"Ready to go?" She asked calmly. He nodded and headed towards the front door.


His mother, Dr. LeAnn Frazier was a dentist. She had red hair, dark brown eyes and always had stern look on her face. It almost looked as if she was always upset. Manny sat in the passenger seat of the crystal blue sedan parked in the driveway. It was his father's car, He hated riding in it, but his mother's white van had been in the repair shop for about two weeks now. He hasn't seen his father in three months, ever since he left without a trace. Manny and his mother have assumed that he abandoned them, but this doesn't sit well with either of them. Marvin Frazier, his father, was a happy and successful man. He was a freelance computer scientist, and the only reason Manny's mother believed he would leave is because he made almost double the salary she does. The car was also registered under Manny's mother's name, which is why they also believe he left it and bought a new car He sat in the seat waiting for his mother to come out of the front door of the house. He watched the front door like a lion stalking it's prey. He was excited, his mother had promised him that she would go out and buy him a new video game today under the provision that he got an A on his history test. Needless to say he studied like his life depended on it, and the results reflected. His mother finally  emerged out of the front door and moved toward the car.


It was a saturday afternoon, not much activity was in the streets besides the usual children playing in their yards and the occassional grill outs occuring in various neighborhoods. Manny's mother often drove slowly to avoid speeding tickets, which she would often before get a load of. Her slow driving made Manny even more anxious to arrive at the game store. The game store was not too far away from the Frazier home, it right next to Manny's mother's favorite book store, "Jaxon Labels" and she often enters there while Manny selects a game. After about ten minutes they arrive at the plaza in which the game store is located. Inside the plaza is a five stores, the stores create a large square with a booth in the middle for the security. On the top left corner of the plaza is Jaxon Labels and to the right of that is the game store, "Game Kings." On the bottom left of the plaza is the beauty shop and to the left of that is empty, there used to be movie store there, but no one seemed to rent movies anymore, and they lost business. Manny's mother found a parking spot in front of Jaxon Labels, she took the keys out of the ignition and turned towards Manny. 


"You've got twenty minutes" She said calmly and handed Manny a twenty and ten dollar bill. Manny nodded and hastily exited the vehicle and began to walk towards Game Kings. After parking, there is a drive way separating the parking lot from the plaza buildings so that cars may travel. On the otherside of the driveway were two of Manny's closest friends Rodger Stout and Jonah Tate. Rodger haid messy light brown hair and light brown eyes. Rodger was the comedian of the trio, often cracking jokes at inapprioriate times, and he's incredibly sarcastic. This often leads to many hating Rodger, but many more loving him. Manny met Rodger during the second grade when Rodger filled their teacher Mrs. Schaefer's water bottle with white vinegar. Mrs. Schaefer had just returned from class after running the track with the students, tired, she sat at her desk and began to gulp down what she thought was water. Mrs. Schaefer let out a large shriek the entire class was shocked except for the two boys, Rodger and Manny who were laughing uncontrollably at Mrs. Schaefer's mishap, she sent them both to the principal's office where they bonded in detention for a week.


On the other hand there's his friend Jonah, he was a quiet introvert, however he spoke his mind if something is needed to be said. Jonah has dark brown combed hair, and light blue eyes. Jonah met Manny during a middle school basketball game where he was playing, Jonah's team lost the game, it was the County Championship game, Jonah was extremely upset to the point of tears. Saw him sitting by the water fountain and offered him some of his snacks and they've been friends ever since.


Manny was finally able to cross the street where he met up with his friends. "Roddy! Jonah!" he exclaimed.


"So she actually lived up to her word this time." Rodger said. Manny nodded.


"How much? You asked for thirty right!? Jonah and I both have thirty." Rodger said.


"Yup! Let's go!" Manny replied.

 

 



© 2016 name


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on May 19, 2016
Last Updated on May 19, 2016


Author

name
name

United Kingdom



Writing
High Hopes High Hopes

A Poem by name


New New

A Poem by name


Last Life Last Life

A Book by name