E-Mail To My Wife

E-Mail To My Wife

A Story by Antonio Chevere
"

This is inspired by an email I recently wrote my wife in reply to her telling me that our fetus in her belly was kicking alot after she finished a mountain dew slushy

"

DEAR: Oversized Peapod

                If our baby is born with ADHD(Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), public elementary school teachers are not going to be able to relate to him, so he will act out for attention and they will just pass him off to get him out of their hair, and the next highly qualified public elementary school teacher will do the same. Thru the years this orderly routine for a child with a disorder will eventually isolate him into clicks with other misunderstood preteens; he will neglect his school work because school has made him feel as if being himself is wrong because normal kids ask only questions in a class room, not break free of the lesson plan and learn about the things that their curious of, when their curious of them.

He will then start to hate us because all of a sudden we too will not understand what kind of life he lives, which is just a life that was fed to his mind by bad influences and cable television. This will go on for years.

He will finally realize that he needs to break thru oppressions advices and forget about immature pleasures in order to get what he wants in this life and not fall short beside his former pupils in a society of ruts. He will realize this only after he experiments new life styles in his new adult years. He will realize this once it is too late. He will miss the opportunities that we have also missed and he will create life choices that stifle him and the creative thirst for knowledge that he once had as a child with “ADHD”. The ADHD that great minds are molded with will be drained from our baby’s soul by blue pills and the world telling him to be proper, to sit still, and to be silent.

Then he (like his father and his father’s father) will just add another link to the chain of young individuals with “ADHD” that grew up to be their fathers sons.   

 

                            With much love, your concerned husband: Antonio

© 2011 Antonio Chevere


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sort of electrifying experience...
reading an e-mail has never been this exciting.
f**k spam.

Posted 12 Years Ago


so much to be concerned about for our children coming in to this world what with one thing and another, so it is imperative that we start at the very beginning, before life itself takes form, and it is very admirable of yourself to take on this role so seriously....if only everyone else did too..
thanks for share
Babs xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


I enjoyed this. It was rather raw and certainly honest. Glad to hear someone cares about their unborn children, at least.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Author

Antonio Chevere
Antonio Chevere

Ewa Beach, HI



About
After joining the army, getting married, expecting a child, and moving from place to place every few months, I deployed to Afganistan and finaly when I had forgoten who I was, I realized that I had mi.. more..

Writing
18 18

A Poem by Antonio Chevere