A youth forever- 104 and still counting

A youth forever- 104 and still counting

A Story by CA Anurag Sharma
"

The incredible story of Fauja Singh

"
What if I tell you about a person who started running marathon at the age of 89 years and is 104 years old and still running!!!! He holds various records for that... but what is incredible about him is his passion....
Recently I was having a bad patch in life... down both physically and emotionally...I thought I was not living my age....
Then I came across this youngster Fauja Singh..who at the age of 104 years is fit, fine and healthy...Born on 1st April 1911 in Punjab (India). At the age of 100 years this youngster attempted and accomplished eight world age group records in one day...Singh was awarded British Empire Medal n 2015 New Year Honours for his services to sports and charity...
Whats more interesting is that this youngster didnot develop the ability to walk untill he was five years old. His legs were weak and thin and he could hardly walk long distances.
His endless achievements you can check online...

Age is just a number my friends,, till you have that ability and passion to live and survive..We think we get old after we attain a certain number but I have seen 20 year olds dug deep into this web of technology but struggling badly with their health and fitness.
Unfortunately we have been divided so much by our society on the basis of gender, age, religion, region, grades, financial condition etc etc that we forget our real identity. We are humans first and we were not born with these tags. This society gave us these. We talk about freedom but freedom actually means breaking these barriers. Freeing ourselves from the clutches of division of any kind.
Fauja Singh represents that freedom from the age barrier. You can be an old person at the age of 20 or you can be a youth forever.. its you who is going to decide it and not this society which has only taught us this division.

Hats off to this man and his spirit... Incredible.. isnt it?

© 2015 CA Anurag Sharma


Author's Note

CA Anurag Sharma
I dislike any kind of division whether it be in the name of age, gender, religion, region or anything. Freedom actually means freeing yourself from these clutches.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey!!That was really a nice story and yes hats off to Fauja singh and i agree with you that age can never be a barrier for anything..and yes i should say that you have beautifully penned down this piece of writing with interesting moral...I really enjoyed it..Thanks for sharing...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Riddhi

8 Years Ago

Oops!!!! I forgot to wish you...Happy holi!!! I hope you enjoy this holi...
CA Anurag Sharma

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Ridhi for your kind words and Happy Holi to you too. I wish this festival of color.. read more
A tribute to what the human being can achieve - boundaries are there to be pushed!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

8 Years Ago

Rightly said... thanks for your kind review :)
Wow. Very inspirational and appreciated. The human as spirit of achievement is boundless indeed. Excellent, sir....:)......

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sir :)
Sami Khalil

8 Years Ago

You are welcome gladingly. .....:)....
I really liked it!
I loved the way you started it.
Keep on writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much M'am
Thank you so much for writing this, many a times I feel that man like Fauja Singh are real heroes, who teach us the lesson that it is never late in life, a very nice read sir

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

8 Years Ago

Thank you Sir.. yes this man is simply incredible.....a never say die attitude
I like the structure of your composition... and the message. There are times when I have felt invisible... from society. This piece certainly struck a chord.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much... yah there are times when we feel the same and need someone to inspire us.. stor.. read more
This is a very inspiring writing. I know that it is written for the self motivation of the writer but yet it has the same effect on the readers as well. Thanks a lot for penning it down.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much Avinash for the kind review....:)
Anurag you never fail to bring to our attention, people who break the mould and defy the stereotypes in your own way. Your enthusiasm for such people is infectious. I thank you for continuing to do so.

I hope you are well by the way, my friend. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CA Anurag Sharma

8 Years Ago

These people always inspire me... thanks for your kind review... and yes I am doing now.... life is .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

291 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2015
Last Updated on November 23, 2015
Tags: youth, passion, division, health, fitness

Author

CA Anurag Sharma
CA Anurag Sharma

CHANDIGARH, CHANDIGARH, India



About
Chartered Accountant, MBA (Finance) from Chandigarh (India). Have written two books (fiction), "Mirage in the mountains" and "Mourning Before Sunrise" My twitter handle is "https://twitter.com/ca.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..