Crimson - Scene 13

Crimson - Scene 13

A Chapter by ApKWrites

           Liverpool Street Station - Central London

Tee never thought she would feel so scared in her life again. It has been a very long time since she last did.

She stares at the crowd outside the station, thinking of her family and what could have happened to them if they decided to stay together all those years ago and her brother’s voice echoes in her mind.

“Past will haunt me, while I haunt the present”….

Standing next to her, Richard is still unsure whether the situation they are currently in is bad. Whoever is neutralising their powers, is doing him a favour " he never wanted that burden and if someone is willing to take it away, they are more than welcome. However, if what Tee said is true and someone knows about them, they could be in trouble.

His eyes scan the crowd, trying to locate someone suspicious staring at them with no luck….until….

He looks across the road at the man stepping out of a van and the hair at the back of his neck stands still. He shivers as he recognises him…

“Oh, No!” he exhales, forcing Tee to snap out of her daydreaming " making her jump.

“What is it?” she asks worried

Richard looks at her for a second without saying anything and even though it crosses his mind, he doesn’t lie.

“That man” he says “That’s the man I saw when I touched you” with a shaky hand he points at the man walking away from the van.

She hesitates for a moment, her heart beating fast partly because she was startled but mostly because of fear. She take a quick glimpse at Richard and  then finds the courage to walk after the mysterious man.

“Where are you going?” he cries in an attempt to stop her “Are you mad? He’s dangerous”

“I’m going to follow him” she replies “I can’t keep running away anymore”

Richard stands still allowing her to walk away and for a minute he’s tempted to walk away and back to his quiet, lonely life….but he doesn’t…

“Hey, wait up!” he shouts and runs towards Tee

“Go back, Richard. This is not your fight” she says when he finally catches up with her but he continues to walk with her.

“I would but, you see, you are wrong” he says “I think there’s a reason I walked into you the other day and I believe there was a reason I saw what I saw when I touched you and I don’t believe it’s a coincidence this guy is here today. It seems to me, this is my fight too” he smiles “Afterall, my life’s pretty boring lately”

She looks at him and hears what he says and her fear dissipates for a while and they both walk after the mysterious guy, following him into London’s alleys….



© 2015 ApKWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Little technical advice - this website turns dashes into quotation marks if you copy text directly from a word processing program (e.g. MS Word) onto the page. If you want to avoid that, you could paste the text into a plain text editor (e.g. Notepad) first, and then copy it from there onto this portal. A bit weird, but what would the IT world be without bugs, eh? (I for one would be out of a job :-))

Regarding the text I have nothing to criticize, still intriguing!


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Little technical advice - this website turns dashes into quotation marks if you copy text directly from a word processing program (e.g. MS Word) onto the page. If you want to avoid that, you could paste the text into a plain text editor (e.g. Notepad) first, and then copy it from there onto this portal. A bit weird, but what would the IT world be without bugs, eh? (I for one would be out of a job :-))

Regarding the text I have nothing to criticize, still intriguing!


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 11, 2015
Last Updated on November 11, 2015
Tags: #Crimson, #ApKWrites, #AugustFlint, #RichardBaker, #TeeKein, #Fiction


Author

ApKWrites
ApKWrites

London, United Kingdom



About
Stories popped in my mind since I was a child. Sometimes short, brief passages, sometimes just ideas of an event and some other times a full length scenario, so I started noting them down bit by bit... more..

Writing