Crimson - Scene 15

Crimson - Scene 15

A Chapter by ApKWrites

      Waltham Cross - North London

Despite what most people think about Bruce Jackson, he’s not always the harsh, ruthless son of a b***h he makes out to be.

In his line of work, one needs to be prepared to do whatever it takes to get results, no matter what that might be. He needs to be cruel and insensitive at times; it’s the only way he knows how to be…and he’s also aware that everyone’s disposable! Even a leading member of the team as him…

However, when it comes to family…

The alarm on the bedside table rings, waking Bruce up at 12:30.

He sits up on the bed looking around when notices the towel on the floor. He frowns puzzled. Daisy would not leave it piling up dust on the floor. She would pick it up and hang it in the bathroom rail to dry, he thinks " but she’s upset.

He pushes the white bedsheets away and gets up, picks up the towel and walks towards the bathroom still naked.

“Daisy?” he shouts out

He hangs the dumb towel on the rail to dry. “Daise?” he repeats with no luck " no answer.

He picks the towel again, wraps it around his waist and walks into the living room in a fast pace but nothing and the kitchen is as empty. His heart starts pumping faster and faster, worrying that his wife might have done what he was worried she might do.

He runs back through the living room, down the corridor and into his son’s room. “Liam?”

No one there " Silence…

“S**t Daise, what have you done?” he whispers, his heart race and thumping so hard he feels as if it’s being ripped off his chest. He walks back into the living room and towards his bedroom, letting the towel slip off his waist in the process. He pushes the bedroom door hard enough to bang the wall. He opens a drawer, grabs a pair of socks and briefs, slowly puts them on " hands shaking and heart still racing " and he walks towards the closet.

He knew she wouldn’t take it well and he was dreading this day for a very long time, but this day has just begun…



© 2016 ApKWrites


Author's Note

ApKWrites
Thank you for reading...if you like my work, feel free to have a look on my website http://www.apkwrites.com/
or follow me on Facebook/ Instagram/ Twitter/ Tumblr/ WordPress/ Blogger @ApKWrites
Thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Found one little error: second last paragraph, first line: "… his heart race and thumping…" - I guess that should be …his heart racING and thumping.

And I'm not sure why Bruce dresses slowly when he's obviously upset, that didn't seem quite right.

But honestly, when I was through I wanted to jump straight to the next chapter. Your style is just so entertaining and I'm amazed how you can keep up the pace without sacrificing important plot points. Brilliant job, seriously.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Found one little error: second last paragraph, first line: "… his heart race and thumping…" - I guess that should be …his heart racING and thumping.

And I'm not sure why Bruce dresses slowly when he's obviously upset, that didn't seem quite right.

But honestly, when I was through I wanted to jump straight to the next chapter. Your style is just so entertaining and I'm amazed how you can keep up the pace without sacrificing important plot points. Brilliant job, seriously.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 8, 2016
Last Updated on January 8, 2016
Tags: #Crimson, #ApKWrites, BruceJackson, DaisyJackson, Fiction, Writing


Author

ApKWrites
ApKWrites

London, United Kingdom



About
Stories popped in my mind since I was a child. Sometimes short, brief passages, sometimes just ideas of an event and some other times a full length scenario, so I started noting them down bit by bit... more..

Writing