best friends

best friends

A Poem by TamiViolet
"

Dedicated to Dani California

"

 

 


 

Come with me to the oldest lighthouse on Erie Harbor, and view the sunset
amidst a raspberry lemon sky.

Share with me your secrets as our tanned legs dangle over the wooden
pier, and our polished toes flirt, splashing in the golden water while we
share a bottle of deep red wine.


We both know the truth and taste each other's pain without inhibitions ~

 

without boundaries...

 

You understand how much we both detest...

 

black

and

white

borders.

 

As I view your jade eyes and gently remove a strand of soft brown hair
from your precious face, I realize that we belong with...

 

the water...

 

the sand...

 

the wind...

 

And I kiss away the tears from your past...

 

 

 

© 2011 TamiViolet


Author's Note

TamiViolet
I wrote this one a while ago. However, Dani has become one of my dearest friends on the cafe, and each time I read it, I think of her. This is about pure, unconditional friendship.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just a lovely moment beautifully expressed with pulses of imagination that literally colour the page. You have a very visual intensity about you which perhaps mirrors you own perceptions and certainly gives vividity to your expressions...if that don't sound too poncy! But damn it it's true! It's also great to see the contrast between your jagged pieces. And there is a reality about the piece, which acknowleges that life causes tears. But the moment is a beautiful one. Enjoyed the read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

beautifully written piece...

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Charming interlude enhanced with your striking sense of "signage," or eye-grabbing typography, and purrrfect use of ambient imagery.

Smile-inducing the way you anchor sensual healing on enduring friendship, a reminder of how bordered other relational distinctions tend to become.

This poem is luscious, tender, loving, classic, and altogether excellent in its visual presentation.

Beautiful in every way.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A...

I am so flattered and honored by this dedication... thank you sweetie. You are one of the kindest and most loving people I have had the absolute pleasure of befriending, and anyone who truly knows you will agree. I am blessed to have you as a friend, and that comes straight from my heart.

May love and happiness find and keep you always my beautiful friend.

Love ya girl!

xo D

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

loving, beautiful and purely imaginatively sentimal in a way that embraces with honesty and truth, and I say
Dani is an amazing person. Thanks for sharing this gem.


Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

One more thing though, I'm not sure why it is rated mature. Very loving and sentimental.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Very unconditional. I like it. Can I come too? Pigs make great friends as long as no one has the urge for porkchops that is. Good write. Hope she enjoys it. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Ah, indeed she is an awesome friend! :) Such a very warm and loving write, indeed :) Filled with colorful emotions and heart. Loved this poem, great job! :)

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Well well done. I consider her one of my dearest here, as well. Write on.

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Very pretty! Good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Very beautiful description of a near perfect moment in time. The visuals are awesome in here. A really great piece of writing! I love it!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3911 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on September 6, 2011

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..