Abstract Notion

Abstract Notion

A Poem by TamiViolet
"

inspired when a thirty year old woman tried to seduce my son

"

 

Double Standards

Beyond escape

Like weeds afflicting

True beauty

 

Gender roles

What's appropriate?

What's innappropriate?

Is sex okay for underage boys?

 

While little girls

Search...

Pretend...

Because they must.

 

A mother watches...

Repulsed

By older woman

Seeking...

 

Her fourteen year old's

Flesh

 

Just for fun?

'Don't make him a Sissy

He's a boy

It's okay'

 

No, it isn't!

 

He's someone's son.

She's someone's daughter.

Both are equally loved.

Both to be treated equally.

 

My son experienced an

Attempted seduction

By a thirty year old

Woman...

 

It's not okay!

Never!

Although others cheer him on.

I guess the question becomes...

 

If an older man tried to seduce
A girl of fourteen...

Would that be acceptable?

I'm a stubborn mom.

 

© 2008 TamiViolet


Author's Note

TamiViolet
I want to know want you think although it won't change my mind. I want my boy to grow up with the strength to walk away when the time isn't right.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'd say that anyone, be it male or female, that seeks a relationship with a minor is in need of psychiatric assistance. What depth of emotion or suitable grounding in personality could be present with a disparity so great...none! Not to mention it's against the law.
Your son has his whole life ahead of him, certainly with no need to get attached to someone that obviously has deep-seeded self-esteem issues. You do him a great service to guard him from these kind of entanglements.

Very best,
Mark

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Apollonia, I must say you are not at all a stubborn mom but you have your values and you want your son to follow them. If someone considers you as a stubborn mom in that case, then let them be...
Firstly, gender doesn't make any difference. A 13 year old girl or boy will always be a child and not an adult.
Things really have changed drastically in these past few years. But where are we going to? Well...I don't have any answer for this. But one thing I'm sure of that these cases are now not rare in our society and every parent should be aware of them. And you know a parent always needs to be highly concerned about their children irrespective of their age. Like, I'm 19 and I know many teenage parents who are with me studying in the same college. But that's an entirely different topic.

Here, you are very much right at your end and I highly agree with you...Maximum number of people according to me should read this writing!


Posted 15 Years Ago


Bravo! Being a Father of 4 children with another one coming I understand and concur with you totally Makes my blood boil from inside. Fun????? NO it does not give the right to try to take advantage of their innocence, age,and curiosity.
I have no problem with age difference as long as it they are adults. When I was 14 sure I had some Fantasy about this but to really happened I would have probably ran ..You have every right to be upset about this kind of behavior.................... it makes you wish you could make them a toad for their impudence:) Strength can help one make the right decisions and be able to walk away from other bad situations we encounter in life.The pressure surrounding that age and other ages also and it is incredible and tense. It takes strength and courage with the faith that you are right in you values to be your own person and values that they learn from us
GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sexuality is like many things we grow into it and within it as e grow an dare at an age we understand and can respect what our decisions by our choice but should not be by manipulation of another with this knowledge at such an vulnerable age it must come from maturity to maturity the point age does not matter but for the right reasons.
I found this poem encouraging that these values are still within our society and also bringing a valuable point to the surface of this type of behavior in any gender!
I liked these lines :
Double Standards

Beyond escape

Like weeds afflicting

True beauty

very true

B.B.
Lasla

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When I was a fourteen year old boy, I often had fantasies of older women, but to be brutally honest, if something had actually happened I do believe that not only would I have not truly been ready for it, but it would have probably caused me to have mixed feelings about women in the long run. Just as you pointed out about a 30 year old man with a 14 year old girl being wrong, this, too, would be wrong. Glad you brought this to the forefront. Hope that woman got a good spanking (and not the fun kind either). Good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG! This woman is sick . . . and you have every right to feel the way you do! I can't even begin to imagine! I have daughters, and if a 30 year-old man tried to seduce my 15 year-old, I would completely lose my mind! What is with these women who prey on teen-age boys? You hear it on the news, so much now days, about adult, female teachers (predators) who seduce their teen-age students. And, the laws should be just as strict towards them, as they are towards male predators.

A courageous write, my friend. I send a hug your way for handling this all with grace and a mother's protective heart.

You are on the right track!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well, this is a poem that disturbs, and makes one really think.
Actually, being a mom, it makes me mad as hell! Firstly, something
is wrong with that womans head to want to seduce a fourteen year
old child. I know if a grown man tries to seduce my daughter, I will
threaten to cut his c**k off.

I got hints in the poem about others cheering him on, no doubt,
other boys thinking it was cool and to go for it. I know we raise them
and hope they can make the right decisions, but I am a mother, and if
I feel I have to step in, stepping it will be.

This poem brings out really emotional feelings, feelings of reality and
sick minds.

AD

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I dont think it is acceptable either way... if the child (boy or girl) is under 18 than no one over 18 has any business messing around with them... while i have no problem with age differences - minors are minors and that is a line that shouldnt be crossed... these kids dont know what they are doing and for someone older to take advantage of that - is just wrong...

cant this 30 year old woman find a guy her own age...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG, what is the world coming to? i can sympathize with you on this one, A. though i don't have any sons, i do have 4 daughters and i would be just as apalled if was to happen to any of them....i think that it isn't right for an older person, whether it be a man or woman, to suduce a child. it is not proper and the woman should have been ashamed of herself. i realize that children, or rather, teenagers look older than their ages sometimes, but that still doesn't give anyone the right to do such a thing.

children should be allowed to grow up first. i'm glad that you were able to handle this with the wisdom to somehow make it right for your son. being subborn is not a bad thing when it comes to our children and i hope that you were able to instill that knowledge in your son.

i applaud you my friend!

Amanda

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That is a true tale of horror. How awful that a situation like Mary Kay Laturno would happen to your own son. I am so glad you stood up and was the strong and smart mother u sound like you are. That is just horrible. Women like that disgust me, the seducer. I can understand though how men would be cheering him on, makes him look good in their eyes. but not good.

thanks for your honesty.

kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I understand your feelings, I don't think gender makes any difference. 14 years old is still a child,male or female. I have no sons of my own, but I have several nephews and if this had happened to any of them I would have to say something to the woman in question, because it isn't right, in fact I find the thought repulsive. The emotions behind this are clear for anyone see. Nice writing. XX

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'd say that anyone, be it male or female, that seeks a relationship with a minor is in need of psychiatric assistance. What depth of emotion or suitable grounding in personality could be present with a disparity so great...none! Not to mention it's against the law.
Your son has his whole life ahead of him, certainly with no need to get attached to someone that obviously has deep-seeded self-esteem issues. You do him a great service to guard him from these kind of entanglements.

Very best,
Mark

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1544 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2008

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..