Once

Once

A Poem by TamiViolet
"

For Halloween, inspired by a photo.

"

 

 

You didn't lose me

My kisses are felt

In wet dreams

Lost in Violet nights

 

That could have been...

You

Twisted

Turned

Molded

Burned

 

But...

 

Don't seek retribution

 

Mother Earth will heal...

 

As she did me.

 

Consecrated,

I smile at Freedom

From...

 

Endless Hunger

Unquenchable Thirst

Unfulfilled Desire

 

Guilt it does stain in red

Bloody nectar has
 Dissipated and

Lust diminished

 

Almost...

 

Look to the past only when 
Ready to confront darkness

The forest will reveal

All Answers

 

I prepare my 
Visitation as Sacrilege
To only you...

Just this once...

 

You can't kill me now.

 

I'm already Dead.

 

 

© 2008 TamiViolet


Author's Note

TamiViolet
Just for fun folks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome Imagery and the flow was nice and unexpected graphic:)great thrill there at the end was a great touch. I also appreciate the words actually follow the graphic but you cant see it until the end but the words flow right into it and wham there you are starring at the picture and it all fits as a whole....no gaps a zombie laying in the arms of a man s is he dreaming of his secrete lover while holding his wife?........ or is it a reality of lost love that has died within his arms? I see this impression also here being presented to my mind and eyes .............. great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I liked these lines, really they say so much
Consecrated,

I smile at Freedom

From...



Endless Hunger

Unquenchable Thirst

Unfulfilled Desire

this to me is very much the freedom from our human selves and the principles of a higher self to free us from them.
A great write my friend......actually awesome!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow . . . the pic is a shocker! The poem is not, though . . . and reading through it a second time, I can see how well it relates to the picture.

I admire how well you play with words and mold them into something that captures and entrances the reader's imagination, leaving the piece open for individual interpretation.

Very well written . . . spooky, but a good spooky :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Interesting poem. I really enjoyed it. Dont hesitate to send me a request. I enjoy your writing style.

Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting poem, with dark and angry undertones.

"Look to the past only when
Ready to confront darkness"

I really liked those lines. It shows an internal as well as an external struggle which can be a potent combination. SOmetimes we're drawn to the darkness...even though the light beckons...

I enjoyed it. Cudos!
Mark

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You can't kill me now.

I'm already Dead.



Wohhoo!! You just twisted the entire feel in these last lines and with that picture.
But you know what, It is going so well with the season of Halloween and like even I felt quite halloweenish after reading it (lolz..)

I got both the feel of darkness and romance in it, which has been so very well penned by you.
But ya! the closing lines for me outstands!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yikes! lol (the graphic).

Look to the past only when
Ready to confront darkness
The forest will reveal
All Answers

My interpretation has been really off lately, but either way, I thought about confronting fears in this stanza. Fear is taught and can only come from the past. Once ready to confront the fear -- truth will reveal itself. Just my take on it.

"You can't kill me now, I'm already dead".... I read this spiritually, as well as in a playful Halloween sense.

I agree with Peoples.. this works on much more than one level -- Halloween fun -- and then some.

Awesome write A.. :)





Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very awesome, I love the zombie feel you added with the pick and the final line. Very well done. This one gains my props.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what a wicked write, A...it is dark and flows well...just the thing for halloween!

good job, dear.

A xox

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

excellent write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is really well written and I like the darkness that flows through this... nice write for halloween...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daaaang!!! I like the darkness to this. You make this work on different levels, too, whether you know it or not. Keep giving it to us.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1551 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2008
Last Updated on October 6, 2008

Author

TamiViolet
TamiViolet

Somewhere behind the evening sky..., PA



About
more..

Writing
rhythms rhythms

A Poem by TamiViolet



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..